Customers With Disabilities
Jaguar10

Sports Package should include GolTV HD, ESPD Deportes HD, FSC + HD, FSW HD, YES HD

by Jaguar10 on ‎11-28-2010 06:36 AM - last edited on ‎12-02-2010 10:08 AM by Admin Emeritus

Other providers are offering GolTV HD and ESPN Deportes in HD, when will Verizon offer these in HD.  I am paying well over $100 mostly just to get to the soccer broadcasts and I missing out on all the HD games.  

Several channels now broadcast good soccer games, e.g. ESPN's HD, FSW HD.  But the main channels are Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, and ESPN Deportes, which verizon does not offer in HD.  If verizon were to offer these in HD consider not pricing so high, e.g. FSW+ now at $15 even in HD is too high if you consider that the customer already has Ultimate FIOS.  So come up with some creative combinations, e.g. Extreme HD plus the above.

And keep in mind that GolTV and ESPN Deportes should be available without having to subscribe to the Spanish Package.

Thank you for that input. It has been passed along to the appropriate department.
Comments
by Employee on ‎11-29-2010 03:56 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
It is an interesting point to consider that GOL TV and ESPN Desportes should not necessarily be included in spanish language packages. FSC HD is in the next group of channels to be added... the next 3 are all sports channels in HD.
by ‎11-30-2010 07:05 AM - edited ‎11-30-2010 07:07 AM

Jaguar10, It could have been said any better! I def second what he said and they should be included with Sports package and not Spanish as other providers consider ESPN Deportes! Watching any sports in SD definition stinks let alone Soccer, the beautiful game! I also pay over $110/month and mainly because of soccer and chose FIOS as my provider for carrying all these channels but they need to be in HD. Thanks.

Also Joe, can you give us a timeline on FSC HD, I keep hearing it's coming but nobody is providing a time? Thanks.

by tirana1980 on ‎11-30-2010 11:53 AM

That's right ferdoud , Joe pls can you give us an estimate when fsc its going to be available in HD ????

by BenButler on ‎12-02-2010 05:18 PM

Wow, Ive been waiting TWELVE months in pure frustration, so can someone pls give us a timeline/ schedule?

by tvuser on ‎12-02-2010 05:35 PM

could not wait. Verizon should take care of it a long time ago.

by Employee on ‎12-02-2010 06:06 PM

Sorry folks... we don't get to do dates here... literally just about everything else, but not dates.  It is #2 on the list to be added.

by crambler23 on ‎12-04-2010 04:29 PM

What is ahead of it Bowlilng TV in HD??

Verizon has proved for the last 9 months that they don't give a **bleep** about me

by on ‎12-30-2010 08:01 AM

on this post I asked about Verizon's plan about adding this channel in HD and not of it being part of a package!

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/GOL-TV-HD/idi-p/264529

by BenButler on ‎02-08-2011 07:36 PM

any update, this is 3 months old first you say its next to be added then you say number 2 ?  its been available in HD from FSC 14 months ago and you all still dont carry it.  Many other carriers carry it.   There is about 10 basketball channels in HD,  15 american footbal channels in HD.   Tennis, fishing,   etc etc you name it, even wealth tv in HD... but soccer is the worlds most popular sport.  YOU are very narrow mindend and dont understand your audience at all.

by usuario74 on ‎02-14-2011 10:24 AM

They dont get it. I only use Verizon FIOS for Soccer mainly. I pay over $100 for Extreme HD + Sport package.

Well we dont get any soccer (real football) in HD while DirectTV has it.

I am about to ditch FIOS. By the way. GoalTV is not Spanish!!! It has dual language. It is also in English!!

Also... what about BBCAmerica in HD. It is funny (well, not so) to watch BBC America and see them advertising the HD version we can't get on Verizon!!

Verizon telemarketing keep calling me to sell me movie package...from now own I will tell them that what I want is HD soccer channels or stop bothering me with their calls.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools