Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Jaguar10

Sports Package should include GolTV HD, ESPD Deportes HD, FSC + HD, FSW HD, YES HD

by Jaguar10 on ‎11-28-2010 06:36 AM - last edited on ‎12-02-2010 10:08 AM by Admin Emeritus

Other providers are offering GolTV HD and ESPN Deportes in HD, when will Verizon offer these in HD.  I am paying well over $100 mostly just to get to the soccer broadcasts and I missing out on all the HD games.  

Several channels now broadcast good soccer games, e.g. ESPN's HD, FSW HD.  But the main channels are Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, and ESPN Deportes, which verizon does not offer in HD.  If verizon were to offer these in HD consider not pricing so high, e.g. FSW+ now at $15 even in HD is too high if you consider that the customer already has Ultimate FIOS.  So come up with some creative combinations, e.g. Extreme HD plus the above.

And keep in mind that GolTV and ESPN Deportes should be available without having to subscribe to the Spanish Package.

Thank you for that input. It has been passed along to the appropriate department.
Comments
by JaviB on ‎03-17-2012 02:15 PM
I just switched to fios from Comcast and I'm surprised that Verizon does not have any of these channels in HD. Comcast has gol tv in HD. Come on Verizon! Get your act together and give us these two sports channels in HD now!!
by EnigmaPhi on ‎03-27-2012 11:14 AM

I am a recent convert from Time Warner Cable where they offered Gol TV in HD.

I encourage Verizon FiOS to do the same for its soccer-lovin' customers.

Nevertheless, I have no regrets leaving Time Warner Cable because of the benefits offered by FiOS (e.g. Showtime Anytime and EPIX apps).

by barcafan6 on ‎04-16-2012 05:03 AM

This is a thread from 2010 which keeps being linked as verizon's answer to why we don't have gol tv hd.  We need a better answer in 2012!  We need gol tv hd, especially since verizon was able to add fox soccer hd and we can see how beautiful it is.  This is doable so do it.

by on ‎04-27-2012 06:47 AM

What is the point of me paying almost $200/month for FIOS if I have to go to my friend's house to watch Barca - Madrid on Goltv HD through Direct TV??!?!?!?!?!!!

by Figo on ‎05-02-2012 12:05 PM

Alright Verizon, it's taken you a good 2 years to make GOLTV and ESPND in HD, why is it taking you so long? Because of that, I have made the switch to a different cable company which offers it. Don't get me wrong, I love your service and didn't want to leave, BUT, I am extremely satisfied having GOLTVHD and ESPN Deportes HD specially being a HUGE Madridista. Step up your game and I will come back =]

by jack480 ‎05-03-2012 10:13 AM - edited ‎05-03-2012 10:14 AM

When will fios put  GOL TV and ESPN Desportes  in HD???. All chanels that  are in HD should be available.

by chileno on ‎05-03-2012 12:11 PM

Goltv HD, FOx Sports Espanol HD, Espn Deportes HD, Please... I dont want to change to Direct tv

by JORGO_MKD on ‎05-09-2012 07:05 PM

the network ahead is at least 2 chanells behind ! Goltv hd and ESPN deportes hd. I m not talking about difficult menu options , far far from Comcast simple and acurate menu, search, on demand , and many many more. Pls add this 2  and after that work on improved simple click menu. Tx.

by VictorKaplan on ‎05-10-2012 08:52 PM

Verizon evidently doesn't want to add GolTV in HD, as I see the same question being asked on the internet over the years and Verizon hasn't taken action. The only way for Verizon to take our request seriously is if we masively drop service and switch to a diffrent provider at the same time. If they had thousands of subscribers dropping service, they may bring us the channels we want to pay for. I started a petition online that I will have somebody in Verizon read once we have enough signatures. Please come and sign it. You can find it at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/verizon-fios-add-goltv-in-hd.html. If you sign it, you have to be prepared to actually drop them if the deadline is met and Verizon hasn't even planned on ading GolTV HD. Thank you!

by dpreiss on ‎06-06-2012 12:18 PM

Instead of just Acknowledging our requests, why don't you fix your mediocre customer service?  Tell us an approximate date when GOL TV HD and Espn Deportes HD will be available.   It's not that difficult to do, or at least let us know if you are in negotiations to get that service for your loyal customers.   My package deal with Verizon FIOS exceeds 200 dollars per month so it will not hurt me to drop my service if I can't watch soccer. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools