• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
BrianVA

Stream recorded shows from DVR to my Droid smartphone

by BrianVA on ‎09-02-2010 02:13 PM

Verizon clearly has the capability and network to stream more data/video to smartphones.  Since I can already log in to my DVR box to control recordings, why not push video that is already recorded back to my phone.  It would be one more way Verizon could stay ahead of the competition.

We do agree that you should be able to enjoy FiOS TV content from your computer or mobile phone... it may not stream from your DVR... it might stream from our network servers instead
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-08-2010 07:11 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 09:01 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 02:04 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
We do agree that you should be able to enjoy FiOS TV content from your computer or mobile phone... it may not stream from your DVR... it might stream from our network servers instead
by CashewNutt on ‎05-01-2011 05:27 PM

Why not allow us to stream the content from our DVR's to any device on our home network? That would mean making the STB DVR a DLNA compliant server as well as a renderer.   The problem with the current Flex View is that it only provides me the ability to stream rental content to my Phone or PC. On the PC, it works fine, but I really don't think it makes good financial sense to pay $4 or $5 to stream video to a 3.5 inch screen!  Make it virtually free (minimal cost) like Netflix and you'll have something worth it for the consumer.

by harley8004 on ‎09-03-2011 02:25 AM

comcast, directv, dish and cox seem to use the same dvr content licensing lawyers to allow their subscribers access to their boxes. verizon need to dump duey, cheatem and howe : )

by ballanda on ‎09-16-2011 07:21 AM

THINK OF ALL THE DATA CHARGES YOUR FRIENDS AT VZW WOULD REAP FORM ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN.  THAT MUST MAKE YOU TINGLE WITH EXCITEMENT.

by Victorious on ‎10-07-2011 02:49 PM

I think it's would make a lot of sense if we could watch our shows and other programs we record on our computers and other mobile devices when we log into our my verizon account. I mean, we can manage our DVR on mobile devices but we can not watch them! That seems very limited to me. Just think about how many people would be willing to switch to Verizon for this feature alone! I'm guessing a lot! I travel a lot and this would be a wonderful time filler when I have some time to spare.

by on ‎10-31-2011 09:51 AM

Google "slingbox".  It's the best thing since sliced bread.

by ericmhughes on ‎11-01-2011 11:46 AM

I think it would be great to be able to watch my recorded programs on my mobile devices.

by koyano on ‎11-09-2011 06:02 PM

This capability is allows Verizon FIOS subscribers to leverage their MRDVR investment. Follow the WatchESPN model and make your Verizon FIOS subscribers very happy. Important note, Dishnetworks tried to force their subscribers to purchase their VIP 922 DVR with a Sling Box feature, to enable the mobile device viewing of DVR recordings. It didn't work and that's why I moved to Verizon FIOS.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools