• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
asm20850

Subscription Based On Demand

by asm20850 on ‎09-19-2010 01:57 PM

Why doesn't Verizon offer a subscription-based On Demand service a la Netflix.  With Netflix rapidly expanding its streaming video library (not to mention online services and others, such as Amazon On Demand), Verizon would be a market leader in offering an option allowing customers to subscribe to a certain number of On Demand videos per month.  This would be a new revenue stream for Verizon and provide value added for subscribers.

At risk of being wrong I am going to file this one as "Already Exists"... since there are more than 15,000 and growing On Demand titles available as part of FiOS TV subscription...
Comments
by on ‎09-20-2010 06:49 AM

It would be great if Verizon made a deal with Netflix that would all Netflix to work through the Verizon STB.  I'd pay the monthly fee and know I had a guaranteed level of quality since it would be just like an On Demand experience.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-20-2010 07:00 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Photoflash on ‎09-20-2010 02:39 PM

I think that some blu-ray DVD players have internet access with Netflix playback capabilities.  Newer TVs, too...  And the new Apple TV box.

by JordanN on ‎09-23-2010 03:43 AM

I'd like to see this implemented on the data side, rather than on the TV side. I don't have a TV; any content worth watching is viewed through my computer.

by on ‎09-23-2010 04:52 AM

I HAD netflix. After their VOD content has been viewed by going through their limited available online library to view what I like, I canceled. They constantly have DVDs that are shown in their list but are not available. You put them in your waiting list and nothing. Call them and you will be told we don't have that movie. Ask them why is it listed, and you will be told because we might get it, or perhaps once had it. They beg me to come back, I did for a month. Then I said good-bye again.

Blockbuster on demand, Amazon on demand, are better if you want something newer, and are wiling to pay. For that matter, I would only go there for something Verizon did not have.

Now if Redbox would start on demand for $1 or even $2, they would blow everyone away.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 09:13 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 11:44 AM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
When you subscribe to a plan (e.g. Extreme) and include a package like Movies you have subscription access to more than nearly 15,000 On Demand titles for no additional fee. Is there content you see in Netflix Instant Streaming that we don't have in FiOS TV On Demand...?
by on ‎10-07-2010 04:46 PM

With Netflix, you can watch most tv shows and any season, which is not allowed on Fios.  For example, on my iphone, using the netflix app, I just watched a few episodes of 30 Rock from the first season.  With onDemand, we can  only watch a few episodes and not pause of fast forward.  

by Employee on ‎10-08-2010 04:33 AM

Joeg679 - there will be lots more TV shows added to FiOS On Demand over the next several months... and I am definitely working to fix that pesky limited on fast forward, rewind, pause (but you still have to watch the commercials).

by Employee on ‎10-12-2010 03:26 AM
Status changed to: Already Exists
At risk of being wrong I am going to file this one as "Already Exists"... since there are more than 15,000 and growing On Demand titles available as part of FiOS TV subscription...
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools