Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
OwlSaver

Support managing Favorites from the Guide

by on ‎05-03-2012 01:15 PM

It would be nice if the Guide would show the favorite status of each channel and let me change it right in the guide. By the time I navigate through the settings, I sometimes forget the channel I was on. Each channel would just show a small 1, 2, both, or none. Then, a button press could turn on or off the 1 or 2 indicator. Not a big issue, but it would make it so much easier to set up my favorites.

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎05-03-2012 01:41 PM

I'm sorry, but navagate through what settings?

If you are in the Guide, you are already in the Full Guide, Favorites 1, or Favorites 2 Mode, so the only time this would ever even apply is if you are in the Full Guide. If you are in the Full Guide, just hit either the OK or FiOS TV button to view the channel of interest. Now, while viewing the channel, hit the Options button, scroll down to the Favorites entry in the list and hit the Right Arrow. At that point you are given the options to add the channel to or remove the channel from either Favorites list.

This function has nothing to do with the Guide, you can be watching any channel at any time and add it to a Favorites list or remove it from a Favorites list using the Options button.

Easy as pie.....

by on ‎05-03-2012 08:24 PM

Wow, I had no idea about that. I guess I need to spend more time exploring the menus and buttons and such.

Previously, I always pressed Menu/Settings/Favorites/... to manage the favorites. Now I can do it easily.

Thanks

by on ‎05-04-2012 02:37 AM

OwlSaver - If you like that comment, you'll love the document at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Interactive-Media-Guide-1-9/FiOS-TV-Getting-Started-With-Interactive-Me...

Look at all of it, but especially page 17, Exploiting FiOS TV Favorites.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎05-04-2012 09:31 AM

OwlSaver: You are of course welcome! In addition to the page AnnJ referenced, if you look at pages 25-27 you will see some charts documenting what I have discovered about what some of the various buttons on the remote do.

AnnJ: As always, thanks for the reference to my document!

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:42 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools