Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
McCloud

TURN IN OF EQUIPMENT

by McCloud on ‎11-06-2013 03:21 PM

I recently moved to a smaller residence and had extra equipment to turn in. When I placed the order for connection service at my new residence I was told I could turn in my extra cable boxes to the technician. Well, when he arrived to complete the order he told me he could not take the extra boxes and that I'd have to drop them off at the Verizon office in Columbia, MD. So I drove to Columbia office and was told if I dropped them there it would cost me $9.00 OR I could drive to UPS and drop them for free. Why couldn't I just have been told this to start with when I placed the order? Very frustrating and a waste of time due to no fault of my own. When I expressed my dissatisfaction and frustration to the Verizon office person all she said was "Oh, I'm sorry" Please fix this because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has gotten the run-around on how to return extra equipment. Thank you!

Comments
by Moderator on ‎11-06-2013 03:38 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Silver Contributor III on ‎11-06-2013 04:36 PM

Never heard of a drop off fee.

I have dropped off boxes at my local store and never been charged.

by ariscris on ‎11-08-2013 01:50 PM

I moved last week and received a return box and pre-paid package sticker for the equipment in the mail, really convenient because we got USPS to come pick it up the next day.

by on ‎11-08-2013 02:37 PM

Verizon must be unionized - Stuff like that went on INSIDE my company, believe it or not, because union work rules required "X" number of people to handle a box no matter where it's dropped off.

Even if a box or peice of equipment only had to get transported 10 feet, if it was across "shop boundaries", then it had to be boxed or crated up and sent via an outside carrier like UPS, through the proper number of mail room guys..

The boundaries were completely imaginary, but if a box was dropped in building "A" for someone in building "A", we couldn't just put it on their desk - That would cut someone out of a job.

No, if someone dropped a box at Building "A", it had to be sent to the mail clerk in Building A, who then had to ship it (using an outside carrier like UPS) to our frieght receiving center in another city! 

Then that Frieght Receiving center had to ship it back to Building A via UPS again. Only then could the mail clerk in Building A toss the package on the original reciapant's desk.

So dropping it off at Building A where the reciapant works incurs TWO UPS trips, and thus two UPS expense charges - TWICE the price of the person shipping it via UPS to the frieght receiving center in the prepaid UPS box.

Once I was written up for rolling my old chair down the hall to where my desk had to be moved - Because it was crossing shop boundaries, I was supposed to call the Facitities guys in my old location to move it down the hall to the next shop boundary. Then I had to stand there and wait for the other shop guys to move it to my desk: Total elapaed time, about 3 hours to roll a chair about 200 feet down the hall.

Thank goodness both shops had facilities guys, so we didn't have to call our frieght hauling company! Some of the executive offices had to do exactly that, because the executive offices didn't officially employ any unionized material handlers.

by Rich_Pollock on ‎11-09-2013 08:56 AM

Boy does this description sound like "Office Space".  Lumberg still at it in the current work places. Was there a Milton too??? LOL.  But it really is pathetic when you think about that. Certain amount of hands to take care of ONE box.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools