Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
scottv21

TV Land HD

by scottv21 on ‎02-25-2012 08:20 AM

I request TV Land in High Definition be added.

Comments
by Silver Contributor III on ‎02-25-2012 11:46 AM

Only been out since November. And right now is only carried in select areas by a few providers.

Plus, most of their programming (with maybe the exception of anything new) is not going to be in HD.

So why not get a channel that has more HD content first?

by on ‎02-27-2012 12:07 PM

I agree with the above comment -- Verizon desparately needs more HD content, but adding a channel that mostly plays low-def stuff is a waste, and we already have six .tv channels doing that. Focus on the demanded channels that DO have HD programming first!

by Moderator on ‎07-11-2012 05:43 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by jhajin on ‎07-29-2012 06:46 PM

I disagree with the low-def comments. Even shows that were NOT shot in HD will look better if broadcast properly. And besides, I watch TVLAND in the evening for its newer prime time shows. They're very good and filmed in HD. It tickes me off that I have to watch 3-4 hrs/week of my favorite HD shows in crummy SD.

There's enough bandwith to distribute TVLAND in HD as well as any other channels you want. Why limit it? 

by AJH on ‎09-08-2012 07:17 AM

I agree with jhajin as I am forced to watch brand new shows fimed in HD in standard def.

Regarding all the old SD content,these SD shows looks much better on an HD channel.

by Mike247 on ‎09-28-2012 08:47 PM
Make tv land in HDTV I see on other station and its good do it
by artieb on ‎12-05-2012 06:27 PM

I just switched from cable and was very disappointed to find out FIOS did not have TV Land or TCM HD.

Cable has both in HD.

TV Land a has a lot of HD programming in the evening. In addition to new shows, Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens are in HD.

I'm not so certain I made the right choice to switch from cable.

by JCJTampaBay on ‎07-13-2013 05:37 PM

Apparently, those who discount adding TV Land HD haven't watched the network in a while. TV Land has changed A LOT in its show lineup and has gotten rid of MANY of the old SD shows. It's airing many more of the late 90s into 2000s sitcoms that, even if filmed in SD, are upconverted to HD and look great. Also, the network has added many original programs that are current today, like Hot in Cleveland, The Exes, etc. Brand new HD programming in primetime. FiOS definitely needs to add this channel in HD.

by cartwright ‎10-24-2013 09:58 AM - edited ‎10-24-2013 09:58 AM

TVLand HD has been added!!!

channel 741 

looks awesome

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools