Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
adicecream

Tennis Channel

by adicecream on ‎09-04-2011 03:35 PM

FIOS just dropped Tennis Channel.  Therefore, I will drop FIOS.  Seems fair.

(Yes, I know Verizon and Cablevision and possibly other cable companies have an issue with which packages will cover TC.  I don't care.)

Comments
by ldsamburn on ‎09-04-2011 04:22 PM

Yeah I am going to drop FIOS.  In the middle fo the USOPEN. What are they just stupid. There is nowhere else it is being shown.  Verizon continues to proves it is not in touch with its' CUSTOMERS.  Imparative word. They work for us. They surely could covered a few weeks to get past the USOpen then settled any contract problems.  **bleep** I TELL YOU.

GOOD BY FIOS.

by on ‎09-04-2011 05:49 PM

verizon will now be showing tennis matches on fios 1 in 3 d channel 1003. check the on screen guide for messages on tennis channel removal.

by tschmitt1 on ‎09-04-2011 06:49 PM

RIDICULOUS!! How can Tennis Channel not be available during the US OPEN? Bring it back now! I was told it was due to negotiations between Verizon and TC. Well I will be negotiating a different service if Verizon decides to drop TC.

Susie Schmitt

by TennisFanatic on ‎09-04-2011 07:55 PM

Get the TENNIS CHANNEL contract resolved!!!!   I just want to know who was so insensitive to their customer base that they wouldn't resolve this contract issue prior to our being deprived of seeing US Open matches that weren't shown on any other channels.  That is totally unacceptable!  If necessary, I'll change my provider.

by jeff3821 on ‎09-04-2011 08:08 PM

Me too.  I will go back to my old cable company unless Verizon gets the Tennis Channel back soon.

by sk0901 on ‎09-04-2011 08:09 PM

I support the sentiments of the posters here. Tennis Channel should be brought back quickly.  Continue with your negotiations, but in the meantime, provide the channel during US Open. If you dont bring it back customers will exercise their choice; there are enough fanatics in the tennis world that Verizon will feel the pain. Verizon's fault in this whole thing is how come they did not even provide any advanced notice? Remember that even though cable vision is in the same boat as Verizon in this case, Comcast is not and satellite providers like DirectTV are providing multiple channels of Tennis channel. 

by jeff3821 on ‎09-04-2011 08:11 PM

I think it's the Tennis Channel that pulled its plug but regardless, I will go back to my old cable company unless Verizon puts the TC back really soon.

by sk0901 on ‎09-04-2011 08:12 PM

Verizon is stupid not to have notified the customers ahead of this happening and whole episode is badly handled. Ridiculous!

by barry1 on ‎09-04-2011 09:02 PM

The reason I switched from Comcast to Verizon is it had the Tennis channel in HD.  It looks like I will have to switch back or get Direct TV.  I can not beleive they dropped the tennis channel during the US OPEN.  How stupid is that!    

by llssbb71 on ‎09-04-2011 09:25 PM

I am so irritated that I didn't even get notice that Verizon was going to drop The Tennis Channel. I am so upset to miss all these great US Open matches!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools