Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
ashan723

The worst customer service ever, fix it or overhaul it

by ashan723 on ‎03-26-2012 08:21 PM

This does not speak for the wireless service, but for its crap DSL (so called high speed internet) service.  First of all, VZ incorrectly charged me and I called in to get it fixed and explained.   The first lady was absolutely rude and her tone of her voice was unacceptable.  It was not like I was yelling at her or anything like that, I just explained the situation and she went on a rant and hung up on me in the middle of my conversation.  This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE as a customer service rep. This **bleep** me off, so I called again looking for the supervisor and the second lady was nice, but she placed me on hold for 30 minutes! This was again TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!  I just hung up and was so upset and irritated that I had to write this somewhere.  VZ has to do a better job of training its staff and customer service.   How dare they do this to a paying customer (former paying customer)?  

I am definitely going to call again when I find the time and my time is not easily available, causing me more anger for even writing this.  Hope this message gets things stirring at that organization.

P.S VZ's high speed internet is a joke, slow and unreliable, and charged me three times in one month for changes that I did not agreed to and made.  That to me is a crook.  

Hoping for a change

I'm so sorry for your experience- how frustrating! May I suggest posting on our forums with your billing issue? One of our reps there may be able to help you. Best of luck getting your issue resolved!
Comments
by 2bits on ‎03-28-2012 03:01 AM

Try DTV their customer service is #1, seriously. If you get frustrated about something (prices went up 4%) you can yell get it all out, and they just listen, and then they helped me with applying a discount.

by on ‎03-28-2012 11:27 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
I'm so sorry for your experience- how frustrating! May I suggest posting on our forums with your billing issue? One of our reps there may be able to help you. Best of luck getting your issue resolved!
by ashan723 on ‎03-28-2012 12:33 PM

Thanks but I thought this was the forum? I was really looking for an email address, but found this instead.  Will post on the forum if time permits, but I want to get a supervisor on the phone first before I post again.

Thanks again.

by Unappreciated on ‎03-28-2012 09:15 PM

Absolutely agree!  Spoke with several Verizon folks on the phone.  Most were rude and very unprofessional.  When I explained the problem with my long distance service I received a different explanation from each and every one of them.  I have no idea what is true or if anything I was told was true.  Four times I requested to speak to a supervisor and each time I was put on hold.  Each time I was on hold for close to 10 minutes when Verizon simply hung up on me.  Never ever spoke to a supervisor as they have no desire to solve issues or to talk to customers.  Are there any other companies in the Palm Springs area that offer home phone service?  I am so fed up with Verizon that I have no desire to spend another penny of my hard earned money on their company.

by BillT on ‎03-29-2012 04:03 AM

Very true.  I recently had a similar experience.  Everyone I spoke with had a different story.  Truth is - my payment was to have been automatically debited from the bank, as it has always been.  Verizon failed to make the debit and I was told my bill was past due.  After speaking with a RUDE representative, I finally said "just discontinue my service.

Her response was, I'll be sending you cartons for returning your set top boxes, and within fifteen minutes I had no service at all.

After calling back and offering to pay this bill with a credit card I was told by that rep that I still must return the boxes and I would receive two new ones to be installed by Verizon's technician.

After my next series of calls I had a billing department rep and a service tech on line.  Both were knowledgeable and courteous.  The billing rep found that the error in billing was caused by Verizon, and the technician had the service restored within minutes.

Today I received the cartons for returning my settop boxes.  Since I am now using them for my Fios service, and do not need to return them I fully expect to be billed for the failure to return.

This bad experience will probably continue!! 

by mikeymag on ‎03-31-2012 04:05 AM

Well my experience with Verizon started in January Verizon shut my service off and when they called they said that I had to pay 125.00 to catch my bill up I had a friend call them to pay the 125 They told them that it was 350.00 to catch up So they paid them the 350.00 . When I got my next bill I had a 10.37 credit that verizon had my friend overrpay. In the month of January I gave Verrizon over 650.00.

When I called verizon abiout the billing situation they told me that due to them shutting off my service I had to pay the 350.00 to catch the bill up. hen I asked for a supervisor the representative put me on hold for 45 min and noone came to the phone.

The next day I checked my hd box in the main bedroom and it was not working so I called technical support and the 1st time some1 picked upo the phone and hung up on me after being on hold for 20 minutes for them to answert my call. I called back and after being on hold waiting since my call is important to them a tech support person answered and started to help me They tried resetting the box but it wouldnt reset. This tech tried for about 30 mininutes to reset the box on his end but it was making my television make a popping sound and I was getting mad because it was a brand new television and I didnt want anything to happen to it

by Moderator on ‎03-31-2012 06:15 AM

Are you still having a problem, mikeymag?

by charles106 on ‎03-31-2012 08:10 AM

I get the same answers,the will send it on to some one else.

Guess what happens. NOTHING!!!

by Jack12 on ‎03-31-2012 01:03 PM

Why do updates take so  LONG  to update.

Jack12

by jbhall on ‎03-31-2012 06:15 PM

I am so glad someone else posted about the absolutely atrocious customer service which  I have also had from Verizon time and again.I have FIOS internet. Do NOT get FIOS internet. When it was installed the technician left his badge here!! I had a heck of a time gettng it back to him. That was just one of the issues I had with Verizon.

I actually had to get the FCC complaint office involved before anything was done to solve one of my problems. All of a sudden, after seven months of frustration,  the incorrect charge was removed; no contact from Verizon at all,. Several days later, a VERY nasty, arrogant woman from Verizon called, and screamed at me: was I satisfied NOW?? * Phone slammed down*. My most recent issue was being charged for a service I had not ordered but was being billed for for several months. After FIVE phone calls someone finally admitted that nothing had been done to correct the situaiton three times ,and an attempt by the fourth CSR to resolve the issue was blocked by managment. I was amazed at her honesty. She found a way to work around the system and have the charge removed. FYI: Ihave been told by two dfferent CSRs that there are no supervisors in the office on Fridays. That is REALLY hard to believe, but why would they say that?

I gave up on their wireless service years ago..

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools