• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
cawall

Three things for a better Fios expierence

by cawall on ‎04-06-2012 09:49 PM
There are three major things that would make my Fios service a much better expierenced. 1. The ability to record more programs at one time. 2. The ability to watch DVR content on my iPad, or laptop away from home. 3. Fix the issue with recordings ending abruptly and returning to the menu. It appears to be tied to fast forward as it will play in it's entirety if I don't use either of the forwards. It's hard to justify staying with Fios when there are other advanced options such as Dish Hopper. I hate the inconvenience of changing but will these be available, and if so when?
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper people within Verizon.
Comments
by jeffikonian on ‎04-07-2012 07:44 AM

Yeah, #3 is highly annoying. It was introduced with the last interface update. I've been wondering if it's a cynical attempt to force us to watch commercials, because in all practicality, the only way to avoid the problem is to sit through most of that last two-minute commercial break.

by cawall on ‎04-07-2012 07:49 AM
Yes and what is really wierd is there does not seem to be any pattern to it. Someone had suggested it was related to HD but I get it on SD recordings too.
by on ‎04-08-2012 08:10 PM

About #3:

Jeffikonian -  I only had FiOS for a few days before the update, so I can't confirm the time frame, but I think that your explanation makes a lot of sense.

Cawall - It happens to me on SD recordings, too.  And it happens on every single one.

by cawall on ‎04-08-2012 08:25 PM
I could not handle every recording, I would be yanking it out.
by tdrama on ‎04-11-2012 09:56 AM

I have dish hopper and its not what they make it look like. I used to have Verizon but unfortunately  in the area I live in it is not available anymore, Dish Hopper is not advance I can assure you. When I did have FiOS I never experienced such things but you do mention the update just give it some time let Verizon work out this update just in case if there are some kinks they are trying to fix. I guaranty there is no other service out there superior to FiOS TV. Im constant switching from service to service because I can't get a grip on a good package, like I had with Verizon. It will be worked out just give there research team a little bit more time! :smileyhappy:

by robgettier on ‎04-11-2012 12:29 PM

#1.  Much needed.

#2.  Good luck.  They keep saying it is coming and then we hear nothing.

#3.  It is unbeleivable that they have not issued a software update to fix this ANNOYING issue.  It is so frustrating.  They broke something that worked fine and it is essential that it work for customer enjoyment.  FIX IT NOW!!!!  I have literally considered looking into other TV options because of this issue.

by Roxy073087 on ‎04-21-2012 01:49 AM
Loved #2 when I had optimum/cablevision, iPad worked as an additional tv, adding this feature would make fios my favorite in all ares, it is lacking somewhat
by on ‎05-07-2012 09:39 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper people within Verizon.
by TechWzrd on ‎06-06-2012 04:52 AM

My 4-Tuner TiVo Elite/XL4 already support #1 and #3 and will support #2 later this summer with the TiVo Stream box. Of course, I do lose access to Verizon On Demand content which is dissapointing. 

by BoricuaJAT on ‎09-22-2012 05:21 PM
Definitely!!! I just moved to a new area where I could not get AT&T U-Verse and I miss it. Totally home DVR is really that, I could stop rewind pause and do full DVR features in any room in the house plus record four shows at one time regardless. I am so over two shows at one time. I haven't had the service for even two weeks yet and I am seriously thinking about canceling and finding any other service provider just because of the DVR issue!! Use more of that bandwidth for multiple recordings like AT&T does.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools