Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
jimedB

Verizon 3.0 and IE

by jimedB on ‎01-12-2012 11:11 AM

How come the people who designed the new Verizon 3.0 decided to omit all Microsoft internet explorer versions from being able to be used to sign in to your Email account? You have done some questionable things in the past but this one takes the cake. It took me 4 calls to CS (got hung up on once) and almost 5 hours before I was finally told that if I wished to sign in to check my Email I would need to download and install firefox browser. The tech then took over my computer and proceeded to change all kind of settings which will take many hours and days to get things back the way they were. Seems like what needed to be done was to put an announcement on the home page or send an Email to let your customers know that you were no longer going to be able to sign in using IE before the change to 3.0 took place. So much for good customer relations.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎01-12-2012 04:09 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by thenothingx on ‎01-13-2012 03:34 AM

Seems like this is a problem for Chrome users, too. I get "Not Supported Method" when trying to log in. A wesite like Verizon should not be limited to one browser, and I agree with jimedb, you have to at least let people know.

by zinginator on ‎01-13-2012 11:19 AM

With the recent changes to Verizon email protocols, I can no longer track my billing accounts...I cannot access other accounts.. Is Verizon going to pay for any delinquencies because of their haphazard changes....Their failure to notify patrons is most aggregious.  I have multiple accounts, including tax related accounts that are directly tied to my exiisting verizon email address, which i can no longer access because of Verizon's unannounced changes.  I should not have to use firefos to access my email.....this is a reduction in my internet security.

by zinginator on ‎01-13-2012 11:43 AM

Oh and by the way...do no try to contact me via my verizon email address.....I can no longer access it because of your bloody changes....POOR UNACCEPTABLE customer service

by Whit01 on ‎01-13-2012 02:22 PM

I am going through the same thing. Did not find out about this Internet Explorer 9 until now. Have not tried Firefox cause I'm afraid I'll really mess things up on my whole system. Have been using Internet Explorer with Verizon for many years and have not had any problems until now. When will it get back to normal??????

by Manning on ‎01-13-2012 02:39 PM

Hello Verizon,

Where do customers go to find the fix? XP users, my Windows 7 users systems seems fine. Which firefox version should I be looking for.

Manning

by CanandaiguaMan on ‎01-13-2012 06:49 PM

I have the same problem.  I am unable to access my account to pay my bill using computers running IE8 and IE9.  Not fun.

by veriz_stil_scks on ‎01-14-2012 08:16 AM - last edited on ‎01-14-2012 10:05 AM by Moderator

Drop Dead Verizon,

Do you actually think you are that big that you can omit the largest browser in the world? I see it this way. All the so called perks that lure people to your so called service include access to your site. Maybe a class action suit against you that denys us from original services promised when we signed up. To use an inferior and unsafe browser such as Firefox is just plain stupid. I know what I'm talking about. "Screw the consumer" was and still is your battle cry, they will adjust. Not this time. Your OBAMA way of thinking will be your downfall. That is why you had to change your name (Let me see now?) 5 times in 30 of the years I worked for you.  Time for you SUITS to listen to your customers. You are not the only service in the sea.

by 1p_issedoffcust on ‎01-14-2012 11:32 AM - last edited on ‎01-14-2012 11:37 AM by Moderator

Verizon **bleep**:

You people are lucky I already have the inferior FireFox browser in order to log in to YOUR website which you screwed up with your unannounced version 3.0 which won't allow me to pay YOUR overpriced bill for the relatively inferior services you provide.

I will pay your bill using FireFox this one time only, but I can assure you next month's bill will be paid through IE8 or I WILL cancel my phone, internet & satellite service.  I may cancel anyway considering the egregious fee YOU wanted to impose for me having the luxury of paying YOU.

YOU must have your heads where the sun don't shine - and no, I don't mean in the clouds.

by on ‎01-15-2012 08:01 AM

Firefox is inferior to IE? LOL. Work for Microsoft much?

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools