Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
jimedB

Verizon 3.0 and IE

by jimedB on ‎01-12-2012 11:11 AM

How come the people who designed the new Verizon 3.0 decided to omit all Microsoft internet explorer versions from being able to be used to sign in to your Email account? You have done some questionable things in the past but this one takes the cake. It took me 4 calls to CS (got hung up on once) and almost 5 hours before I was finally told that if I wished to sign in to check my Email I would need to download and install firefox browser. The tech then took over my computer and proceeded to change all kind of settings which will take many hours and days to get things back the way they were. Seems like what needed to be done was to put an announcement on the home page or send an Email to let your customers know that you were no longer going to be able to sign in using IE before the change to 3.0 took place. So much for good customer relations.

Comments
by nikki1 on ‎01-19-2012 09:38 AM

I was told...a few months ago, after installing Window,7 to increase my memory for my comp, to put on VISS,which i miss,increased my memory with 2 more g's total of 3gs and it will not install VISS,which i miss,in conjunction verizon techs could'nt install as well. So i'm force to use Security Essentials,which i'm not sure of....Point being Window7 and Verizon(VISS) don't mix in perfect harmony....:smileymad: 

by Bill12345 on ‎01-19-2012 07:48 PM

It looks like I'm having this same problem.  I saw the MS KB2585542 was installed on my PC on 1/13/12.  I haven't tried uninstalling it to see if the login to my account page will start working again.

But I have found 2 workarounds in other places.

1.  Change the login screen to Spanish with the link just above the login in box (ridiculous because I don't speak spanish).  Login.  Then change the screen back to English.

2.  Use the In Private browsing mode.  Go to the Verizon page, then login.

One problem I noticed with option 1, is that you have to delete the text that is in the user name box on the Spanish page login screen.  It doesn't automatically clear itself like it does on the English screen or the password box does on either screen.  Seems to me to be a bug, but just a nuisance, on the Spanish version of the login.

What was particular bad about this problem it that there is no clear indication why the login is not working.  There is an error message in that window of the screen, but because the window is so small, you really can't read it unless you scroll carefully.

Also, if this is a common problem for people, which seems to be, why hasn't Verizon e-mailed everyone to let us know there are issues.  Or put a big banner on the Home page when you first go to it as a warning about logging in with some information on how to work around it?

I've already wasted an hour trying to find the problem and working around it.

by vzretiree on ‎01-21-2012 09:11 AM

Same happening in Chrome with windows 7.... glad I found this original post with a link so I could FINALLY get into my account to pay my bill.  What a pain !!!!  Hope this gets fixed soon !

by LennyJ on ‎01-26-2012 12:53 PM

The MyVerizon 3.0 Web Site is not intuitive

Your MyVerizon web page, both the previous version and the current version, are extremely difficult to navigate. It seems that your designers were not thinking like users, but rather like programmers who are intimately familiar with the various options and the technical details of the user interface. In many cases the menu options and pull-downs are confusing as to their purpose, and counter-intuitive.

As an example: My daughter's family recently subscribed to FiOS internet service and FiOS Digital Voice service. They called me for help after they had become frustrated using your web page to try and configure their voice mail. Try as they may, they couldn't find the page that would allow them to configure their Digital Voice service.

At first I also was not able to locate the interface. I finally tried your Support option and after navigating through numerous menus and sub-menus I found your instructions. Within your instructions there is an embedded link to your Account Management page. Finally, after much time and effort I was able to configure my daughter's voice mail.

But that's not the end! Surely, Account Management must be easy to find; I must have simply missed seeing it. I logged out and then logged back in again. Try as I may, I could not Account Management in your menus. After going through the menus over and over again I finally found it. "Email & more" then "Calls" and then "Voice Mail Settings". There is no "Account Management" menu option as was pointed out in your Support information! Not only that, but why would any user think that voicemail and calling feature settings would be found under "Calls"

As I said in the beginning, your web page designers need to start thinking like users

by paulpete on ‎01-31-2012 11:04 AM

As of 1/31/12, Microsoft Update KB2585542 is no longer incompatible w/Verizon 3.0 login.  My system (XP)  automatically downloaded and I allowed installation today to see if I could login.  I've tried it twice and login proceeds smoothly.  Since Microsoft hasn't changed content of this update, I assume Verizon programmed changes to the 3.0 page to resolve the issue of not being able to login to MyVerizon 3.0 while kb2585542 is installed on operating systems.  If this is so, Verizon deserves our thanks. 

by Bill12345 on ‎02-02-2012 08:32 AM

Yes.  The login seems to be working properly for me now as well.

by TweetyBird309 on ‎03-15-2012 01:56 PM

I think the reason that Microsoft and Verizon are no longer affiliated is because Microsoft contributes to the Democratic Party and Verizon contributes to the Republican Party.  Read here:  www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/07/02/high-tech-industry-gives-more-money-to-democrats

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools