Customers With Disabilities
CoreyK31

Verizon FiOS Mobile Remote for iPhone iOS

by CoreyK31 on ‎10-07-2010 03:38 PM

A number of months back I remember going onto the My Verizon website to see that there was a Mobile Remote App available for the Android operating system. And in line with the Android phones that had this capability was the iPhone, with the words "coming soon" across the photo... Being an iPhone user myself I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw this. Now, a number of months later, I still find myself going into the iTunes App Store and searching for the words "FiOS Mobile Remote" to no avail. And also, when I go back to where I first saw the promising photo of the possibility of Mobile Remote coming to the iPhone, it is NO LONGER in the lineup!!

So, with all that said... Is there still a possibility that Mobile Remote will come to iOS? I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that would be overly excited to see this possibility come to fruition.

Done and done... go to the app store
Comments
by Gold Contributor V on ‎10-08-2010 01:46 AM

It's also available for a couple of Windows Mobile phones. This is pure speculation, but I imagine the iPhone app will be available as soon as the iPhone itself is available on Verizon's network. (Which may or may not ever happen, tons of rumors and no hard facts.)

It makes sense, since Verizon wants its customers to be using as many of their services (phone, video, internet and wireless) as possible.

by Employee on ‎10-08-2010 07:16 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
The application has been submitted to the app store
by CoreyK31 on ‎10-08-2010 01:41 PM

Oh!! That is great to hear!! Thank you very much for the good new, I will be anxiously watching the App Store!

by ssanders79 ‎10-09-2010 09:35 AM - edited ‎10-09-2010 09:37 AM

I've been using the app on my iphone for well over a month.  Just search the app store, it is there.

Now it would be a super cool app if I could stream recorded programs from my DVR to my phone via the app.  This would make going out of town on business a little easier.

by CoreyK31 on ‎10-11-2010 03:45 PM

@ssanders79, I believe the app that you are talking about is the Verizon FiOS DVR Manager app.... I too, have been using that app for quite a while. But the App that I am talking about is the FiOS Mobile Remote, that allows you to control your Verizon FiOS cable box with your iPhone (change channels, view the guide, etc.). Pretty much do everything that you can do with your remote, but with your phone.

by Employee on ‎10-15-2010 03:57 AM
Status changed to: Launched
Done and done... go to the app store
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools