Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
sfaidley

Verizon is trying to shoot themselves in foot, or maybe head?

by sfaidley on ‎04-04-2012 08:19 AM

I received an email today from Verizon that stated they will no longer offer Internet alone. You must buy a land line with it for another $26. Who uses land lines now days?

This is like my local grocer telling me I can only shop there if I also buy cloth dippers. Doesn't matter if I need them or not!

They are already overpriced. I can save $5/month by switching, and I am in the process of doing that.

Who in their right mind will pay $70/month for Internet if that's all they want?

Verizon appears to be money grubbing, ignorant, or maybe BOTH!

Comments
by fizos on ‎04-05-2012 09:23 AM

I think they have found that stand alone dsl service works much better with an active phone line which gives the customer a better experience with more consistent speed and less time on the phone with tech support or having technicians come out constantly.  i think you can get a basic regional plan and 1meg for 34.99/mo or regional with up to 15 meg  (depending on where you live) for 49.99/mo

by Moderator on ‎06-21-2012 06:02 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools