Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
howarddnyc

Watch TV on an Ipad

by howarddnyc on ‎06-18-2011 09:10 PM

Time Warner and Comcast now have an Ipad app that allows their customers to watch any television program in real time on their Ipad.  Verizon Fios which is far superior to both of these cable subscribers should add this service to Verizon Fios ASAP.

Comments
by mblumbe2 on ‎06-19-2011 05:23 PM
A must have for the fios iPad app!
by mrb70 on ‎06-21-2011 12:03 PM

I just switched over to Verizon from Comcast after an interstate move.  I am really disappointed in the lack of online channel options.  I like being able to watch TV shows when & where I have the time and not always be dependent upon a TV.  HBO GO is a great start but I'd also like to have Showtime and many other networks that aren't listed.  Please get started on this so I don't have to switch back to Comcast (not that I ever had a bad experience with them but I just don't want the hassle!!)

by nyscottdaniels on ‎06-21-2011 05:35 PM

Just switched over from Cablevision.  Ipad LiveTV application from Cablevision was amazing!  Very disappointed that Verizon doesn't have it (they did announce it on August 18, 2010 but never delivered).  Even though much of service on Verizon is better, may think about going back if Verizon doesn't release same application soon.  After all, even poor old TimeWarner now has the application.

by Employee on ‎06-22-2011 03:46 AM

nyscottdaniels - We announced availability in 2011... and it's still 2011.

by Employee on ‎06-22-2011 03:47 AM
Status changed to: In Progress

by Hulababy777 on ‎08-04-2011 07:46 PM
I like the fact that the status on this has been to changed to "in progress" even though they previewed such an app last august. That's a long in progress time. Both Xfinity and Comcast both offer streaming tv, beat to the punch. Give us a streaming app or should I go buy a sling box...?
by harley8004 on ‎09-03-2011 03:32 AM

you have to remember, verizon is using duey, cheatem and howe content lawyers. it takes a long, long, long time for such things to move through their office. come back in 2 or 3 years. your content may be delivered : )

by Danori96 on ‎09-26-2011 08:12 PM

I know other people have brought this up but, being able to use an ipad or a laptop or a phone as a satellite TV set would be awesome.  I understand there are issues with content providers but, it would be a great feature.

I can't imagine why it should be an issue if the apps mimicked the functionality of the STB and it was not available outside of the local network.

by Jgunice on ‎10-29-2011 08:40 PM
Should also provide DVR control on iPad along with live tv.
by doncorleon on ‎11-01-2011 03:46 AM

This would be great, but why limit to just IPad?  Put it on all Apple devices (iphone, ipod touch) and make an android version too. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools