• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
howarddnyc

Watch TV on an Ipad

by howarddnyc on ‎06-18-2011 09:10 PM

Time Warner and Comcast now have an Ipad app that allows their customers to watch any television program in real time on their Ipad.  Verizon Fios which is far superior to both of these cable subscribers should add this service to Verizon Fios ASAP.

Comments
by on ‎03-14-2012 07:47 AM
The iPad app needs to be launched most TV providers are already adding major improvements and updates we need this now Verizon can take advantage of the higher quality Internet and streaming speeds for this service most companies have far slower service yet they have already launched this service Verizon customers need access to this service instead of being third rate customers satellite providers have even launched this with a number of live channels to stream and their internet speeds are so slow it's taking Verizon a long time to launch such a service and if it is going to take more time we at least need updates about what's going on and when its expected to launch other than that Verizon customers have to choices get a very!! expensive slingbox which cost 149.99-199.99 for SD only pay 249.99-299.99 for HD and even pay extra for a iPhone iPad app 29.99 and the second option switch cable companies no one wants to get a slingbox to expensive and no one wants to leave Verizon because they offer amazing services so please launch the iPad live streaming service.
by on ‎03-24-2012 05:39 PM
There needs to be live streaming for the iPad and iPhone Comcast brighthouse direct tv and even cox has an app to deliver this content Verizon needs to release the app already last I heard about it was at the 2010 consumer electronics show and it already looked well put together how long could it take to release such an app nothing can be perfect there are going to be problems here and there but it should have been released over a year ago if there was such an app more people would switch to Verizon Verizon should have been the first provider to launch such an app because of there excellent 1080 HD resolution and super Internet speeds Verizon could benefit from such an app because it wouldn't have to lag constantly and it could support excellent 1080 HD such an app would also benefit verizon customers who want to live in the 21 century digital world to have as much tv content put into the hands of your tablet smartphone or computer this has been what everyone has been waiting for the tablet smartphone and computer will finally have unique and similar enjoyable tv content put at the palm of your hand live when you want it.
by masterchief75 on ‎04-08-2012 08:27 PM
@ Joe_Ambeault It is now 2012 and this service still isn't here. Time warner has an app that lets you watch 200 channels and you can watch 0 with verizon.

@  nyscottdaniels Time Warner is a huge corporation 
by Employee on ‎04-10-2012 06:48 AM

Your desire for us to get this launched is motivational to the team working on it;

We did display our various FiOS TV products working on a variety of consumer electronics devices at CES this year and will continue to work hard to bring those products to market as soon as we can.

by pcisme77 on ‎04-21-2012 02:45 PM

"Verizon sucks" is what my family tells me all of the time.  Watching Comcast and Optimum commercials for TV streaming to devices does not help any.  Why can't Verizon offer streaming at this point?  How lame are all of the excuses that I have read on this board?

Why does Verizon FIOS have the best means of delivering data (opitcal fiber!) and everyhing else is second class? 

Verizon has no vision.

As a shaeholder, I love the stock and the company but as a FIOS customer, "Verizon sucks."

by ktm1977 on ‎05-03-2012 03:08 PM

What is the ETA for this feature?

by HelpMs on ‎05-11-2012 06:19 PM
Directv has it, so it's not a legal issue. Will say you have to be on your home wifi which is ridiculous. Why are we forced to pay two and three times for the same thing. Internet at home, Internet on my cell phone, Internet on my husbands cell phone, Internet on my iPad. Now we will have to pay to watch our tv we are paying for at home to watch it outside our home. We will look back and be shocked that we once let companies charge us four times for the same service, the government will outlaw it one day.
by on ‎06-27-2012 03:57 PM
This is major negative to someone thinking about FIOS or those us that have FIOS and an iPad and/or iPhone We need this yesterday
by gramma on ‎06-30-2012 05:00 AM

I'm confused as to what app is missing.  There is an app for the ipad, however, it is the worst thing ever.  I figured I could enjoy regular TV on my ipad and computer.  I really must be doing something wrong as the only thing I can do on either one is pay for flexview shows.  What the hey?!  If I'm already signing in to the account to see what I'm seeing why can't I do everything the other companies have?  The ability to watch live TV since I'm already on their fios line in my house or signed in to the account near wifi that goes along with my account. 

by boomertg on ‎07-13-2012 09:33 AM

I'd like to add my voice to the choir on this subject.  This is long overdue and Verizon needs to step up and provide this capability to it's users.  Fios is great, but this is a big gap in their service.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools