• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
SimpleIsBetter

Website could use a total overhaul

by SimpleIsBetter on ‎11-02-2011 06:12 PM

The one thing that Steve Jobs taught the world is that simple human interfaces are better.

Why do people set Google to be their home page?  It is SIMPLE and loads quickly.

The verizon website is NOT simple.  It is cluttered and littered and very inefficient.

I loose patience with it every time I try to do anything.

I have to visually search very hard to find anything on any page.  Nothing is obvious.

Then I have to click and click and click to get to the information I desire.

For example, when I go to look at my cell phone calls, it gives me this little tiny window that I have to scroll around.

But that's only one of 15 or so windows.  I have to click and click and click to get to the one I want.

Very cute.  Very inefficient.  I would like one very long listing.  My browser gives me a way to scroll.

Why does Verizon have to put a scrolling window inside a scrolling browser?

Maybe someone is trying way to hard to earn their paycheck.

And then it times out and resets.  Very secure.  So secure it discourages normal users.

Grrr...

Comments
by GustyK on ‎11-03-2011 08:50 AM

I can't agree more with you SimpleIsBetter.  Verizon website is extremly slow even in FIOS network and cluttered with no sense flow of navigation.

The model that works is:

HOME,

ACCOUNT,

BILLING

PLAN

PAYMENT

FEATURES

Add all the rest...

CONTACT US

PHONE

EMAIL

CHAT

Minimalsim is the way to go...

by jsm11482 on ‎11-11-2011 06:48 PM

Disagree. The current layout for the most part lets you get where you need to go easily. The web is currently obsessed with minimalist displays of web sites; that's not always the best way to go.

PS: Steve Jobs, Apple, and Apple products are all overrated. 

by Silver Contributor V on ‎11-12-2011 03:01 AM
Be careful what you wish for without being specific. The current format of the site is not that old, but is a bit of a mess. They are in the midst of rolling out a new one (see message about "try the new verizon". Can't say I like the new one either.
by otinokyad on ‎11-23-2011 12:27 AM

I just received an email from Verizon, filled with all sorts of hyperbole announcing the newly-redesigned Website....

It is such a step backwards I don't know where to begin.  It is in essence a "portal page" of the sort that was first offered by Yahoo, AOL, and others in the late 1990s.  It makes Verizon look completely clueless.  

As for the email, who would have been naive enough to write that this design would allow a customer to "find things faster"?  Do you really believe that?????  The vast majority of the content has nothing to do with my phone, TV, or Internet service.  By its very nature, it makes it much more difficult to find the things that would have led me to the site in prior years.  And heaven knows, as SimpleIsBetter said in the initial post of this thread, it was already difficult to do.  Now, well, it is hard to imagine that there could be much of anything that would bring me back to it.

And that final suggestion?  "make it your home page today"?  Laughable.  Literally.

by dwfilli on ‎02-01-2013 02:43 PM

Totally agree. The problem seems to be way too much marketing influence on the Verizon web site.  What they don't seem to understand is that the Versizon.com web site is the worst part of the whole Verizon experience.  It's cluttered, disorganized, and seems diabolically designed to derail you from whatever you came here to do.  There are far too many pictures of pretty smiling models talking on the phone or watching TV.  These things do not help me.  They do not inspire me to purchase more Verizon products.  Whenver I come here, I - no kidding - spend the first 15 seconds trying to figure out if the site is dealing with my mobile phone service or my TV/Internet service.  

I just got an e-mail inviting me to come here and view my bill.  So I click the link and am directed to a full page add inviting me to enroll in an enhanced Fios plan.  That is NOT what I clicked on the link to do.  So I click through that annoyance, and am sent to another page where I can pay my bill.   Since I have automatic bill paying, I don't need to pay it here today.  I just wanted to view it.  I gave up looking for where I might find my bill to view it and came here to gripe instead.

For all intents and purposes, I see Verizon as not having a web site.  It's simply too bloated and confusing to be of any use to me.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools