Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
HelpMs

Why can I not pause tv when I'm in the guide or the menu?

by HelpMs on ‎05-08-2012 07:08 PM
This disabled feature just seems odd. Please allow me to pause video when I am in the guide or menu!
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
Comments
by on ‎05-09-2012 07:33 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
by RickTrblfld on ‎05-10-2012 06:14 AM

HelpMs,

You should be able to pause before going into menu or guide. Once into the guide or menu or DVR sub-routine

the system can only handle the task at hand but pausing before should work perfectly fine...as I tried before replying to your question.

by coneyx on ‎05-10-2012 07:19 AM

Hi.  We can barely see the tiny Guide/Recordings/Scheduled because of the excess use of white characters.  Wouldn't it be even better if Verizon used a shade of yellow so we can see it clearly without squinting or moving closer to our large TV?   Thank you, Kathy

by HelpMs ‎05-11-2012 05:37 PM - edited ‎05-11-2012 05:38 PM
Duh, I know I can pause before, but if you are searching through on demand for something to tune to, or the guide to set up recordings, sometimes you get a call or your child decides to start talking to you and you need to quickly stop the show that is playing in the back ground. Both TiVo and directv can handle that feature. It seems really strange that you can't. You can change the channel on directv or TiVo while you are in the menu.
by LaDonna on ‎05-17-2012 06:58 AM

I have the same issue from time to time....I use the mute button....there is ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! :smileywink: hope this helps.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools