• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
0 Votes
malex

Wizard to help set up WPA

by malex on ‎07-29-2010 10:51 AM - last edited on ‎08-11-2010 06:14 PM by Admin Emeritus

The FiOS Router supports WPA, but it's not really obvious how to set it up.

Maybe software that helps set up a WPA password/change the SSID instead of being forced to use WEP?

We provide instructions today in our Help & Support Section Online for FiOS Internet at http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet/networking/setup/security/125521.htm If we continue to see demand for the service, we can investigate adding an automated tool.
Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎07-29-2010 12:15 PM

I agree that it needs to be easier to set up WPA/WPA2. But I would rather that Verizon restructure the dialog on the router itself to make it more obvious how to do it rather than inventing a new tool, and then enourage users in the documentation to use WPA. Just a thought....

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎07-30-2010 12:39 PM

I agree with

by on ‎08-01-2010 02:35 PM

I am pretty sure the "In-home Agent" has that option, Malex

by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-11-2010 01:28 PM

Malex-

I'll have this looked into for you, but in the meantime, you might want to take a look at In Home Agent.

Doug

by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-11-2010 06:13 PM
Status changed to: New Idea

by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-16-2010 01:17 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Employee on ‎08-26-2010 01:23 PM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
We provide instructions today in our Help & Support Section Online for FiOS Internet at http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet/networking/setup/security/125521.htm If we continue to see demand for the service, we can investigate adding an automated tool.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools