• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements

Displaying articles for: 01-15-2012 - 01-21-2012

adrew59

info / guide or changing channel - option for only 1 line

by adrew59 on ‎01-21-2012 02:36 PM - last edited on ‎01-21-2012 02:40 PM by Moderator

as you change channels you should have an option to minimize this to one(1) line of info....not 1/3 of the screen...or even to show only the channel # & its name .....instead of lately you added a seach option doubling the amount of screen NO MATTER how big you tv is.........great useless programming.....

The "History" folder has a "remove all" feature but I do not see one for the "Recent Deletes" folder.  That folder should have a similar "remove all" feature.  It looks much too cluttered, and confusing with all that collected garbage.

I do not want to skip down 8 movies at a time showing the movie poster on each individual movie cover. This is simply ridiculous. I want the way it was yesterday, full movie title, no aberrations. This "new" system only shows eight per screen and 4 seconds to switch to the next screen. What took me 5 minutes to scroll through the entire new movie release list now takes an entire hour? What the heck, I am paying for fast service, not to waste one hour of my time to find something that I haven't seen before. I should be paid my hourly wage at work for the time this new search engine costs me.

Put yourself in the shoes of any customers.  When your services are down and you're working and have responsibilities, would you appreciate being told that you have to wait and be around all day at home from 8AM-5PM for a tech to come to your house?  I don't personally know of anyone who honestly has the time or the patience for that and when that happens, I don't know which kind of inconvenience is worse: not having the services or having to sit home all day just for someone to come and repair the problem itself.  It's very inconsiderate and I'm not blaming these CSRs for only having access to all day appointments in their system.  It's poorly managed and I am sure that techs are on a schedule of locations.  There is no logical reason why we, customers, cannot be at least given a 4 hour time frame to work with.  Expecting customers to sit home and wait the whole day is unacceptable and unreasonable!   

And I find sometimes that when I request a time frame, the CSR will be put me on hold 3 times sometimes while instant messaging someone in the dispatch department only to find that I can't even get an answer to my question.  I don't know about you but my time is limited and valuable. 

Listen to your customers and please do something about this.  It's very unfair and just because we don't have the luxury of being able to quickly change providers doesn't give Verizon the right to take advantage like that.  Verizon is a good product and I don't dispute that in the least but from a customer service perspective, I feel like Verizon doesn't care by only giving customers all day appointment times. 

BW1394

FiOS Flexview Gift Card

by BW1394 on ‎01-20-2012 10:52 AM - last edited on ‎01-20-2012 05:37 PM by Moderator

I just went online to purchase a Flexview Gift Card for a very ill friend, so that he could watch movies when he was able.   He loves his FiOS,  as do I.   This would be a welcomed gift.

We do not have a service like that for Flexview.      I was very surprised that therea re no giftcards for FiOS services. 

tropicalgal

Live Chat save conversation

by on ‎01-20-2012 05:53 AM

Verizon  please bring back the ability to copy and paste in a Live Chat.  This would be a valued time saver to both the customer and Support Techs.    giving a customer the further ability to save a important part of a chat for later use in a (ie) help issue.

appose to the save to clipboard process after a completed chat,  when many times to save the whole chat wouldn't be

nessessary.   The copy and paste feature indeed  would be a great improvement to the Live Chat experience. thank you. 

Highlight the area you want to copy - On the keyboard press Control and C - (You now have a copy on your clipboard) Place your cursor where you want to paste the highlighted info) On the Keyboard Press Control and V - Tahdah! Copy and Paste.

When hitting the DVR button and getting to recorded programs you see the names of your DVRs and then you need to choose one to see the programs actually recorded. I honestly don't care which DVR it has been recorded on. I would like the option to see just one list of all programs recorded. Let the technology know where to find the show or movie. Let me just play it from one list.

Overall I like the new 1.9. Just got it about 10 days ago. The multi-hub and enabling of esata port is great.

Thanks

highspire

Home Control App for Blackberry

by highspire on ‎01-19-2012 05:56 AM

Wouldn't you provide a Home Control App for all smart phones that you sell?  Blackberry is missing from your list of mobile devices that support mobile home control.

mktron82

Do I, as a Verizon Fios customer, have any voice at all?

by mktron82 on ‎01-18-2012 04:39 PM - last edited on ‎01-18-2012 04:47 PM by Moderator

I have had TV and internet service now for about a year and a half.  My experiences thus far have been very disappointing to say the least.  

I call this afternoon at 5PM during my JOB's working hours to ensure I got ahold of someone.  I understand Verizon operates under "banker's hours" and closes at 6PM.  Strange as other competitors don't offer that inconvenience.  I finally get a woman on the phone after 15 minutes of sitting on hold only to get nothing but attitude.  

She would not grant me access to my account.  Apparently, because I don't have my acct no# memorized or my home file cabinet here at work, providing my social security #, address, phone #'s, etc. just wasn't good enough.  With her "I could care less" attitude, I was FINALLY able to get her to help me after logging into my bank acct to tell her how much my last payment was.  Even after I did that, she said I was at the wrong dept and she couldn't help me!  She kept referring me to go online..Doesn't that take the service out of "customer service".  If online is where all the solutions to my problems are, then what's the point of even having anyone answer the phone at all??

Then, she transfers me.  Sitting on hold another 15 minutes, the next lady asks me if this is for service in NY...WHAT?  I asked her why as I reside in VA.  She said she was for NY accounts and therefore, she couldn't help me!  Mind you, this is after her giving me trouble to access my account.  A cable account shouldn't be harder to gain access to than my own bank account!  It's like Ft. Knox just to get access to some cable and internet usage.  Ridiculous... 

After she tells me she can't help me, she tells me that she's going to transfer me AGAIN and after expressing the circles I was doing to get my issue resolved, she tells me that she will transfer me, but there's no way of her knowing where or who I will be transferred to???  REALLY?  ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!  

I was so put off by the previous reps lack of regard or care for my situation, treating me as if she could care less if Verizon lost me as a customer or the fact that I was not happy with the current situation, I started to explain my dissatisfaction of how this was being handled thus far to her.  In mid-sentence, the customer rep cuts me off by putting me on hold!  Leaves me there listening to that annoying music for another 20 min only to get transferred to a very nice gentleman.  

After talking with him and feeling, "Okay, there's some hope here", he reveals that he's only tech support and after 20 min of filling me with hope, can't do anything for me at all!  Why o' why would three reps send me in circles??  Why, as a customer to have to take so much time out of my life??  When o' when is Verizon going to reciprocate and meet my needs and requests??

At that point, the gentleman sent me to another dept, stating that they could definitely help me get my issue straightened out.  The lady, luck of the draw, was just as sour as the first!  I work in customer service and I was so shocked by the lack of courtesy and genuine care Verizon was offering to me, to say the least, I couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor!  She was rude, talking over me when I tried to explain to her my situation and when I asked to speak to a Manager, she tells me that she won't let me unless I tell her why.  WHAT?  I mean, WHATT???  Verizon, please Verizon tell me that this isn't the way you do business and expect to keep customers, right?!?!   As a customer, I have a right to speak to a manager, right?  Do I have any rights here at all???

She then tells me that she can't help me because my account has been suspended.  Uh, duhhh, that's why I'm calling!  Soo, at 6:16PM, she tells me to call this #800.483.1807.  How nice of her, right?!  NO!  I guess she just wanted to get me off the phone at that point so she gave me some bogus hope that I would get my issue resolved.  Wow, I call the no# and oh look at that, the office is CLOSED!  This is EXACTLY why I called at 5PM, took time out of my workday and ate into my employer's time so I could ensure that I got a hold of someone in time.  At no fault of my own, being transferred in this cluster of call centers and depts, I missed it and by the time I got to them, they were closed!

I am frankly disgusted by the service or lack thereof.  No one seems to care, or, at least act like it (for god's sake- customer service 101!), and Verizon wouldn't even bat an eye if I were to cancel.  

After spending 30 minutes trying to remember my login info to get on here, I was finally successful in doing so.  A shame it is that I have to go online to get good service, if that's what you call it.  All I can do is shake my head to you Verizon and say "shame"...Shame on you for hiring people that have crappy attitudes and are not well equipped to take calls or customer grievances, etc.  Shame on the trainers who failed in training these customer reps in providing excellent customer service.  

Do you strive to be average Verizon?  With all the buzz in the early stages about how wonderfully great Fios is, how cutting edge, I thought average wouldn't be good enough for you; not even great.  Exceptional is the word I'm seeking and I'm not only saddened and disappointed, but angered and distraught by how I've been treated and how you have painfully failed to live up to people's expectation.  Truly sad... 

Since no one seems to care, my ideas for improving service and retaining more customers is as follows:

1.  Be available AFTER people get off work; not just while they are working.  We lead busy lives...It's YOUR responsibility Verizon to go out of your way for your customers; NOT your customers constantly having to go out of their way for you.

2.  Better train call center reps so that they can at least "act" like they have a genuine interest in the customer's satisfaction and overall outlook on Verizon.  Acting like they care goes a LONNNG way.  If you want to retain customers at all, it is URGENT that this be addressed.  

3.  Get better organized.  When I call, I shouldn't have to give you my birth certificate # or some other crazy personal info to gain access to my account.  A simple phone #, SS# or 4 digit code, like what Comcast does, is sufficient.  Arguing with me that what I'm providing is not good enough and trying to convince me to go on the web site to address my issues is a LOSE/LOSE outcome for Verizon all around.  Ridiculous...(still shaking my head) 

4.  Shorter wait times or AT LEAST get XM radio as the on-hold music.  When I have to sit for 30 min to an hour+ on hold, that annoying whining music is dreadful.  If I have to wait that long, at least put on XM radio.

5.  Update the call centers so that each rep knows EXACTLY which #'s are to which depts and which extensions to transfer us customers to instead of sending us on a wild goose chase that we have no control of.  Sending to the wrong depts and then only to NOT be able to get assistance because your "closed" is not the right way to go about it at ALL!!

6.  Care...common sense (or not?) Care about your customers.  This is CRITICAL.  It's only a matter of time, if nothing changes, before you will be begging customers to come back once they've gotten tired of putting up with this lackluster service. 

7.  Don't "black list" me.  Just because my account is suspended doesn't mean you WILL NOT and CANNOT help me.  If I call to do my due diligence and pay my balance HELP ME!  What's so difficult about that, I don't know.  BUT, saying you can't help because I'm behind makes me feel like I'm outcasted or shunned.  Is that the way you, Verizon, intend to make your customers feel?  Tisk, tisk is all I can say about that... (still shaking my head)

8.  Do your due diligence... If I pay $404 to get my account caught up, why o' why do I have to wait 4-12 hours for service to be reinstated????  I did my part...you need to do yours.

I could keep going, but do you really want me to?  Is this falling on deaf ears or are you turning a blind eye?  It wouldn't surprise me at all at this point...after the experiences I've had, nothing would.  Needless to say, the nails have been driven in...one less customer for you to have to worry about Verizon after tomorrow.  

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience. If you still have a problem that has yet to be resolved, please create a post on the forums (forums.verizon.com) to see if one of your peers can help you. If they can't, one of our support techs may be able to. Good luck!

You carry the Main KERA-TV programming / PBS, but there is also a second KERA channel, PBS World with different content, that I would like to see added. It is at 13.2 over-the-air.

pkny

Movie Reviews

by pkny on ‎01-18-2012 01:46 PM

I recently stumbled across ondemandcritic.com, a website that provides ratings for movies available on Comcast and Fios. While their review system leaves room for improvement, the information they seek to provide is much needed. Given the vast number of titles offered on Fios, it would be very helpful to offer subscribers critic/user review scores (perhaps in the guide section) from reputable sources such as Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, Yahoo Movies and IMDb (all of which maintain transparent and balanced approaches to movie reviews).  Unfortunately, aside from the site mentioned above, I have not found an easy and effective way to research the quality of titles available on cable.  My current approach involves typing in scores of possible choices into Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. in hopes of finding a winner. That approach is inefficient as I have to wade through many "bad" movies before I settle on a "good" choice.  Giving users that information right on their tv screens (as well as the ability to sort movie offerings by rating, as is done on ondemandcritic.com), would really enhance the user experience.  

custom

New Guide - Full view current channel

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 12:26 PM

The Full view doesn't identify the current channel.  There's room at the top on the right for the standard number and label.  Thanks.

custom

Guide and New Messages - Usability

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 08:30 AM

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

When you press a button to bring up just about any guide screen, if there's a new message, then there's a looong pause and the message comes up instead.  Then, after you're done reading (or not) the message, you can't get to the screen that you wanted in the first place.  You have to start all over again.  WHY?

First, there should be an option where the messages don't come up.  Maybe just an envelope icon comes up in the corner of the screen.

Second, pressing the OK button should just continue on to the screen that you wanted in the first place.  That just makes sense.

Thanks.

custom

New Guide - Usability Tweak

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 08:22 AM

With the various items that the new guide has for increased usability, one adjustment for the Full Info screen would make it even more usable.

For the HD version, the cursor should stay on Watch Now (Tune to Channel).  The Full Info option shouldn't even be in the action list, since you're already there.

For the SD version, just pressing the OK button should tune to that channel — as though the action list were there, with the Watch Now (Tune to Channel) option selected.  The REC button already operates as though the action list were there, with the Record option selected.

Thanks.

I enjoy participating in and reading the results of your polls; however, of late, most of the subjects are really not very relevant or interesting, ie: Ricky Gervais' performance at the Grammy's. Who cares? How about something really topical and meaningful? Also, you used to have more than just yes and no answers, and included percentages, which were more meaningful than raw numbers. Would like to see the old poll format restored.

Also, the font sizes on alot of your headlines on this page are so small, my older eyes cannot read them very well. Other sites I look at have larger fonts. Perhaps a little less content and larger fonts? Some of the content is repetitious amoung the various categories on your page, anyway.

jdw

Create TV bundles for 150Mbps FIOS Internet

by jdw on ‎01-17-2012 11:49 AM - last edited on ‎01-17-2012 01:22 PM by Moderator

I have the 150Mbps internet service and I have tried and tried to add TV service to it, but it seems like Verizon really doesn't want me to do this.  

I looked at the channel lineups and the channels we want are in the "Extreme HD" package, which has a standalone price of $75/mo.

For example, if you have the FIOS 25/25 service for $75/month, you can add FIOS Extreme HD for $15/mo more.

If you have the FIOS 150 service like I do, adding the same TV package is $75/mo more!

To be fair, everybody I talk to seems to understand that this is crazy and not going to happen.  (By the time you add HD DVR rental and taxes etc you are well over $300/mo.  TV is simply not worth $100+/mo to us.)  So they all tell me the same thing: downgrade your Internet to 25/25 or 35/35 and get a bundle.  Basically, Verizon is begging me to pay you less money for more services.  (And let's face it, the change in my actual Internet usage between 35 and 150 would be very low, whereas the amount of TV we consume is very high, so this absolutely is Verizon asking me to pay half as much and use a lot more service/bandwidth/etc.)

So, please add a FIOS HD Extreme / 150 Internet bundle for $209.99/mo.  Good for you, good for me, everybody wins.  

I can't even explain how much more I'd rather get TV from you than Comcast, but they're half the price for the channels we want.  So after I hit "Post" on this, I have to call them.  But even their price is more than we want to pay for the amount of TV we watch, so if you fix this, we'll switch the next day.  Friends don't let friends use Comcast.  Please, Verizon, be my friend.

Thanks!

custom

New Guide - Bug: More

by custom on ‎01-17-2012 06:38 AM

Previous:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the "Channel Guide" version to the full version places the focus up one favorite channel.  Weird.  (It doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

[I know this issue has been reported.]

Also:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the mini version to the full version places the focus down one favorite channel.  Weird difference.  (Again, it doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

custom

New Guide - Favorites Enhancement Tweak +

by custom on ‎01-17-2012 05:43 AM

Previous description:

The new feature that keeps the guide views set to Favorites is convenient — one less button press.

However, one problem that now arises is that, if the current channel is not a favorite, then there's no information on it when you bring up the guide.  To get it, you need to press the Favorites button to see the channel and then press it again to set the guide back to Favorites when you're done.  So, maybe the current channel can be a temporary addition to the Favorites list.

And one more thing:

Actually, any channel that you enter can be a temporary addition to the Favorites list, for the duration of the session.  You are entering it because you want to see that information.  Again, you shouldn't have to press the Favorites button, enter the channel again to see it, and then press the Favorites button again to set the guide back to Favorites when you're done.

Thanks (again).

dmc72

Stay on channel when switching to favorites

by dmc72 on ‎01-16-2012 06:32 PM

I would like to be able to switch to favorites view when already on the regular guide and

have it stay on the current channel or closest channel instead of going back to the original

viewing channel.

(Not sure if that makes sense).

Basically, if I'm watching chnl 504 and bring up the regular guide and scroll up to say 604,

then hit favorites, I want the guide to stay on 604 or the nearest favorite instead of

returning to 504.

Thanks

-D

oakdale_beagle

Music Choice - Streaming on the Internet

by oakdale_beagle on ‎01-16-2012 05:06 PM - last edited on ‎01-16-2012 05:41 PM by Moderator

You offer music choice via my fios TV subscription but do not offer it as a service on the internet.  

Comcast and other broadband providers do offer this service to their customers.  

Please include it as a feature in one of your packages?   

This bug was also in 1.8 but remains, at least on Motorola boxes, with 1.9.

Channels that broadcast 16x9 anamorphic  SD are not handled correctly if SD override or Native is set.  Instead it is letterboxed within a 4x3 image.  I am talking about those that do broadcast for full screen 16x9 not those that actually broadcast with black bands attached. 

Note than when Native and SD override is not set the STB does upscale these to full screen 16x9, but of course then I lose the advantage of Native mode for other channels.

I've been with Verizon for less then a week, I switched from Comcast because the price was lower for just about the same service. I Was told the remote would work with my receiver. It doesn't (only two buttons TV and STB). It turns out that Verizon does offer a universal remote that will work but they are going to charge me $11.99 + 6$ shipping. The best part was when I called support to find out about the remote, I was bounced around for an hour then when I got the department that sends out the remotes and asked about the universal one the conversation went something like this "Me: How do I go about getting the universal remote" "v: we don't have a universal remote just the one" "Me: are you sure because I see it on your website right now" "Sir I'm not inept I've been working here 6 years we just have the one remote"

Anyways I did pay the 18$ but I take comfort in knowing that I told my two friends who were waiting on me to make the transition to Verizon not to bother switching from Comcast based on my experience so far. So they got a 1 time fee of 18$ from me and lost out on two 150$ /m subscriptions. Good work Verizon.

So my "New Idea" is offer the universal remote for free + cost of shipping

Who writes and submits the program descriptions that are displayed in the FIOS TV Guide? Does anyone edit the descriptions before they are displayed?

Given the limited space for each entry, it is frustrating to see that multiple programs begin with the same redundant phrases.

The following examples are taken from the guide on any day:

- Archived material and expert commentary is brought together ...
- Interested viewers are present with ...
- Dramatic reenactments depict ...
- Viewers are offered ...
- A look at the ...

I'm not impressed with 'creative writing' on the TV Guide. I expect to see, at a glance, something about the program that allows me to decide if I want to read the expanded description. I'm not at all interested in knowing that the program is 'offered' or 'presented'  to 'interested viewers'.

They need to be Clear, Consise, and to the point. In other words: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Change MAIN PAGE pulldown button Fios TV to TV located between entertainment and sports;  I order Directv through Verizon because Fios is not in my area. I wish I could have the same menu views for Direct TV as customers have for FIOS TV.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements