• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 10-10-2010 - 10-16-2010

prisaz

Add a go green category to your ideas.

by on ‎10-16-2010 06:45 PM

Perhaps customers could give you some ideas on how to be green.

Remove the advertisement stuff from your bills. Be Green yourself! You keep pushing paperless billing, but keep putting addvertisement trash for FiOS and everything else in your bills. Send just the bill. I have your service, if I want more I will see it online and or ask for it.

Remove the go green screen from the MyVerizon login.

bdave68

Compete with DirecTV NFL Ticket

by bdave68 on ‎10-16-2010 11:57 AM

I know DirecTV owns rights to the NFL ticket, causing people that want FIOS the headache of choosing watching their team at home or having to go out to see the games.   Most people I know that have the Ticket, myself included, have it because the team they root for is from another area, and that is the only way to see all of their games. 

What I suggest is to offer a "Hometown Package"  where you can get your local channels from a specific area.  For me, I'd want the Pittsburgh channels.  If you gave only the local channels, and it was a year round service, so you could keep up with other news items from the area, you would also get the games you are looking for.  I'd see the Steelers every week, and could keep up with local events.   I could also drop directv, and put all of my services with Verizon.  Seems like if it was only one cities local channels, the price could easily beat the nfl ticket, and a lot of people would get what they are really looking for.

Thanks.

Being a transplant myself I like the idea... there are lots of business issues to sort through... but I would like nothing more than to use our networks to chug content from here to there like you describe. And in the meantime... Red Zone is a good option.
0 Votes

If the DVR had the ability to support the number of STBs in the home. I could see it. Like a whole home DVR should be. Multiple tuners in the DVR and the ability to use them from any box. Or the DVR to support recording from any STB tuner. I would like to share content without paying extra for the DVR period. HMDVR is just what it says. Home Media, in my home. Why should we have to pay extra to share what is already  in our house?

Just my opinion.

Since 2006 we have continued to expand the capabilities of sharing content around your home (DVR to set top boxes / computers to DVR's & set top boxes / etc)... next step let's multiple DVR's link together to behave as one big DVR (with regard to storage), external storage shared across all devices as well the set top boxes will get more DVR management (set a recording from a regular STB)... Further down the roadmap we plan to aggregate the tuners into on pool so they can be shared for recording. To make all these tricks happen we have to write lots and lots of complex software, so there is a real cost that we have to cover...

I would like to have more than one DVR at the same location. It would be nice to record more than two shows at once. As of now the remotes would conflict.

The first portion of your idea would require pairing IR codes for the remote with each DVR... not sure how we would do that efficiently without a more expensive remote control. The second portion... simply recording more than two shows (with devices in different locations) I would mark as "accepted", but not sure that gets what you are looking for...

Having to install MediaMgr on the PC just to use these features is a burden. Don't the cableboxes have built-in modems? It would be much more convinient if you could use these features without running your PC all the time.

The computer is used to transform Internet digital media formats into ones the set top box can decode. We are adding MP3 audio or h.264 (MPEG-4) to the set top box, which will enable some, but not all, Internet content to be decoded by the set top without assistance from the home computer... Flash video for instance will still need the home computer
0 Votes
kellin

Please for the love of God be available in San Diego, Ca

by kellin ‎10-15-2010 02:54 PM - edited ‎10-29-2010 10:55 AM

I'm tempted to move back east to get fios. I hate COX I hate them aaaaarrrrrrggggggg. Time warner.... really What is up with California, you would think Verizon would be here. Please, oh please for the love of God make fios available here.

We are very focused on building deeper into existing markets...

I think it would be good to have installers check that all features and functions work on new installs, and the customer signs off on it.  My installer was quick to finish and run out the door, granted the ONT was already there, but then I had issues with the remote DVR, along with other things that would of been caught during the initial install, causing over a months worth of time with tech support and escalating cases to get everything working.

I think taking the extra time will help avoid many of the support calls, instead of having techs concerned about doing the job quickly to only have extra time to sit around before going to another customer.

We are enhancing software that automatically tests all these features before the installer leaves... today it checks live TV, On Demand, Internet speeds... other than remote DVR app... what else did you have issues with...

I know the guide has a lot of complaints so here is another one.

1. Have a reminder button.  I know that that is “coming”, but this is what I would like for it to do. I used to remind myself about several football games on at the same time and could hit the reminder button and see all the games that I have reminded then I could just click okay and then it would switch to that game. I could remind 5+ games are the changes going to allow for that?
  2. Guide where do I start. When you search for sports I really don’t need channels like NFL Redzone I want sports, i.e. Football, Baseball, Soccer, Basketball etc. Then the next screen should be the CURRENT airing of that sport. I don’t want to look through NFL games two weeks away when I am looking for the game that is CURRENTLY playing. Then as you moved the arrow to the right it would go to the next time 1 to 1:30. Then when you get to the time of the game have the teams playing not the explanation.  For example, “This is the first time…” what? How about Team A vs. Team B. It currently takes 8 screens to get to know who is playing and when the game is going to play. Just to find out that that is a game almost two weeks away.
  3. If the Guide information is going to be wrong can you put the correct information on your website? That would be very nice.
  4. Trying to find a movie is as bad as trying to watch sports that are currently playing. Get to “Video on Demand” not one button, but already two.  Then you are on screen 3 by the time you get to HD. Then you click there and realize that most of the movies are in SD. There are so few movies that there are not even categories.  But then you can go to the premium movie channels there are more but you have to look through all of the other channels to see if it is there. Can it be in one place?
  5. If I subscribe to HD why do I need all the SD channels on my guide?  At what time will I go I can watch this in HD but rather in SD? I know the "favorite" channel could limit this but how many “favorite” do I have? Two, and currently I have myself, wife and child. So to waste one when I already need another one seems **bleep**.
  6. I recently switched to Verizon, but when the installer was here he never showed me what I would be charged for his services if any. I don't know if that is everywhere, but I had to wait to my first bill. The fact that you do it online is great, save paper, but I should still see and sign off that everything is correct.
So many ideas in one submission...
asm20850

Cheap HD Adapters

by asm20850 on ‎10-14-2010 05:16 PM

Today the FCC changed its rules so video providers can use less expensive HD boxes (DTAs - similar to the boxes now that can read digital channels but do not provide on screen guides or On Demand).  One US cable provider already uses these boxes and manufacturers already make them.

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=198490&site=lr_cable&f_src=lightreading_gnews

Verizon should make use of these adapters ASAP.  I used to be able to plug my coaxial cable straight into my TV and I would get both HD and SD channels.  Now that Verizon and other providers are all digital it is much more difficult to watch HD on a secondary TV, and we shouldn't have to rent a $10 adapter for each room that has an HDTV.  

Now that the FCC has cleared the way, Verizon should make this happen!

Jeffw

Improvements to your service.

by Jeffw on ‎10-14-2010 02:50 PM

I have a several ideas that would be a great improvement to your service.  You could start by charging your existing customers a better rate for internet service than new customers.  After all, we have been loyal customers for years and customers in other developed countries have internet service many times faster than you are providing for about (or less) for about the same rate you charge for the much slower service.  It is counterintuitive to offer new customers a better rate if you want to keep your existing customers and I perceive it as unfair.  You could also have a support staff that speaks clear English that is located here in the States where all of your customers are and you could reopen some of your stores so that we might be able to pay our bills locally and drop the "convenience fee".   Really there is nothing convenient about your payment locations.

Another idea would be to honestly represent the fees on our phone bills.  Specifically I am referring to the "Federal subscriber line charge".  Why not just add it to the residence line charge since it is simply another fee that goes directly to you and does not go to or have anything to do with the Federal Government other than the fact that it is the maximum the FCC allows you to charge.

These are just a few ideas that would show your customers that you appreciate their patronage rather than treating us like Verizon is the only game in town bearing in mind you are not.

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll pass them on to service and support.

If there's something you need help with, visit http://www.verizon.com/contactus or PM me, and I'll be happy to try and get someone to help you.

Also add Fox and CW shows.  Include more shows from other major channels such as ABC, NBC & CBS.  Also provide HD VOD for all stations.

Joeg679

DIY channel in HD

by on ‎10-14-2010 09:47 AM

Any news on whether or not this will happen and if so when?  Thanks

0 Votes
kelly5

FIOS Service

by kelly5 on ‎10-14-2010 09:17 AM

I am wondering when Washington DC is going to get FIOS service? After moving from Maryland to DC , I am disappointed that DC does not have FIOS.

Not really an idea, but to answer your question... we don't give out future availability information, but you won't miss the day it is available to you. My apologies.
jumpin68ny

Visual Voice Mail on STB

by on ‎10-14-2010 07:44 AM

It would be nice to have a notification on the TV you have a Voice mail on your VZ phone.  We get the Caller ID, why not have some sort of screen notification a voice mail is waiting.  Now to take this one step further, how about have the ability to listen to your voice mail on the TV as well.  

Coming soon!
0 Votes
dslr595148

Get rid of the board redirection stuff.

by Gold Contributor VII ‎10-13-2010 09:10 AM - edited ‎10-14-2010 02:37 PM

For example..

#1 I have more than Web browser Window/tab running.

#2 I click on Report Inappropriate Content in a thread

#3 After I fill in the form, it takes me back to the last thread that I requested.

What are they thinking, users only run one Web browser Window/tab at a time?

Please fix this.

On the channel guide, put an indicator on the far left of each channel row to indicate the subscription status.

e.g. black(current) for subscribed,  green for pay per view, red for blocked, yellow for not subscribed.

ddodge

Replacement set top boxes

by ddodge on ‎10-12-2010 09:10 PM

Let your retail replacement stores issue the activation code when picking up replacement boxes.  I just spent 4.5 hours on hold with tech support and was disconnected 5 times without a single call back.  Service is still not working as the system says that the box I picked up in the retail store was "still in the warehouse"  no supervisor could override the system and activate my box even though they could see it on my line.

Dumb system

exlieut

Message Light

by on ‎10-12-2010 04:03 PM

I know people complained about the mesaage light before. But it would sure be nice to have some kind of notification visually to alert you. It's really silly to have to go into the menu to look for messages. Just my two sense. 

PhyllisP

Share a Show

by PhyllisP on ‎10-12-2010 01:56 PM

I was on the phone with a friend talking about a TV show that I recorded and she had not.  The idea of emailing her the show to her play list came to mind.      If we are both FIOS Internet and FIOS TV customers, then using an email widget from the TV screen or an option on my playlist, I would like to send the show to a friends play list to watch.   List of contacts from selected email account will need to be available to select sender.  Now on Receivers end, she would have to accept the show option with sender name, name of show and description  for it to download to her list.   This accept option is not for Pay Per View shows or content on channels not available to the receiving system, without a fee.  If the customer has the channel then the cost is free.   Example, we both have HBO, we can send movies to each other but if only the sender has HBO, the person accepting does not have the channel then she pays a one-time fee, if legal otherwise  the send is denied with channel not available to sender message.   If the person accepting the show, does not have space on there play list, then the systems prompts giving deleting options that will allow enough space or an option to accept later so the person can watch some of those options prior to deleting.  If you accept later, then when ready just click on the accept option, anytime.  I think this would be really cool feature requiring FIOS.  An ideas to make it better?

Definitely dig it. Share with friend. This could also be cool proactively. Something like sharing the shows you have scheduled to record?
RipponLanding

Home Media Manager Functionality

by RipponLanding on ‎10-12-2010 12:10 PM

I recently got a 2nd receiver box for my bedroom and turned on the Home Media Function which seems to be rather disappointing and not the impression of its capabilities as described by the representative at the Verizon store.  From what I gather the only feature is the ability to watch a recorded program that is on the DVR in my living room.  I would had thought I could pause/play other current programs on the TV, delete recorded programs or at least manage the DVR in my living room from the bedroom set box.  My only option now is to either walk downstairs to record a program or use the app on my iPhone to record something.  It seems like if I can use an iPhone app to manage my downstairs DVR the least I should be able to do is do it through the Home Media function.  Seems like for the same price per month I could just cancel the Home Media feature and get another DVR box, then record the programs on both DVRs so I get all the functions?  Thanks for your thoughts or advice.

In our next software release you will be able to schedule and delete from your bedroom. You will not be able to pause live TV or resolve scheduled recording conflicts from the bedroom... so we'll call those ideas "maybe later".

Noticed that with a connection other than fios, the "My Verizon" web seems kinda slow.

And how come paying customers are forced to clear-out full screen ADs after signing in to the website - not a biggie but annoying.

Working with the team to improve performance For the AD question see link below. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Get-rid-of-annoying-promotionals-on-the-i...
0 Votes
AFJ24

Social Applications

by AFJ24 on ‎10-12-2010 09:21 AM - last edited on ‎01-04-2011 12:21 PM by Admin Emeritus

We should offer a FIOS package that allows you to access Facebook, Twitter, Internet etc. on TV screen via Widgets or some similar function.  Users could purchase package or PPU over a designated time frame.     

Tie this into DROID so people can use a single provider whether at home or mobile.  The devices can be linked via account numbers.  Consumers are spending  2-3k  on wireless televisions with the social networks capability.

0 Votes
oyster

premium on demand

by on ‎10-11-2010 10:19 PM

i pay a lot of money for premium package. why is hbo and showtime on demand offer very few movies? should be hundreds of choices. even epix and encore are decent . now fios is taking some channels away and adding it to their hd ultimate package. geting to expensive. widget tv coming...traditional service providers will lose business if they become to expensive

I am going to file this idea as "HBO and Showtime should offer more on demand movies". If that was your idea, then we agree.
0 Votes
oyster

flexview release?

by on ‎10-11-2010 10:15 PM

this flex view and cloud tv.sounds wonderfull..but when is release date for new york area?

This is not an idea. The bosses will take me out back... tar and feather me if I give out dates here...
0 Votes
oyster

widget development taking forever

by on ‎10-11-2010 10:13 PM

where is amazon.com....ebay......bestbuy....widgets?????

oyster

starz play fios tv online

by on ‎10-11-2010 10:10 PM

.why is starz play not available free for starz subscribers like hbo go and cinama go and epix.and why not included on fios tv online

We are working on this now and hope to have it ready early next year.
beatsc93

Scores from most sports

by beatsc93 on ‎10-11-2010 04:09 PM

With Directv I was able to press a button on the remote and it would bring up all the scores of live sporting events.  In addition one touch would take you to the chennel that game was playin gon.   Fiostv needs to add this feature if possible as it made viewing sports that much better.

Of course adding Fox Soccer and Plus in HD need to happen as well.

"Already Exists" - We have Widgets that provide sports scores... MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL.. they also provide much more information about the league, its teams, players, etc. We also have alerts that can be configured based on different events in the games. You get a pop-up... with some info about what caused the alert... one click and tune to the game.

"Accept" - ability to click on scoreboard and schedule to tune in the game. We'll see if we can work it into a future release of the sports widgets. I'll update the status when development is in progress.

MAH

Military Discount for Land Line Services.

by MAH on ‎10-11-2010 11:03 AM

You offer a military discount for wireless accounts, How about offering a military discount for land line services?

0 Votes
SpoonsJTD

Bring FiOS to Westfield, IN

by SpoonsJTD on ‎10-11-2010 09:58 AM

My idea for FiOS is to bring it to my neighborhood.

Our current provider was created by the home builder as a supplimental business to provide telephone, cable, and internet to our community (and subsequently, other communities).

It would make an ideal acquisition for Verizon. Optical fiber is already run to every house and is currently dark. The home builder is in financial trouble. The existing customer base is disappointed with the lack of content and the slowness to adop new technology. Thousands of new Verizon customers are waiting to be signed up!

Please bring FiOS to Centennial in Westfield, IN by buying First Mile Technologies, a subsidiary of The Estridge Companies!

Since Frontier has taken over our franchises in Fort Wayne... there is very low likelihood we will re-enter the IN market. Have you considered moving...? Tampa and LA are great in the winter. NYC is a blast 24 x 7. And I'm told 30" of snow in MA is "wonderful". :smileywink:

Please get with Google and build a FiOS Picasa app so we can view all of our pictures on our TV.

Agree - can never have enough ways to view / share pictures :smileywink:
jeff8265

A Pnadora internet radio Widget

by jeff8265 on ‎10-10-2010 10:28 PM

A Pandora internet radio Widget would be nice. With the 1.8 and 1.9 updates and Pandora your DVR would be better then Tivo.

imckinne

Resolve DVR Scheduling Conflicts

by imckinne on ‎10-10-2010 04:37 PM

Just switched from Direct TV and have 30 days to decide if I'm keeping FIOS or not.  We were lucky to get one of the new, extremely large capacity  DVRs; however, I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of conflict resolution.  The only option I've found so far is to start a new search to find the other time that particular episode is showing, schedule to record that, and then delete the showing in conflict.  SInce I've been through a variety of ways that Direct Tv has managed this situation over the years with Direct TV, I know there are lots of ways to do this.  Please...is there something in the works and, if so, when might it be available.

asm20850

Enable "Last" Button within Football Widget

by asm20850 on ‎10-10-2010 10:28 AM

For some reason the Football Widget cripples the ability to use the "Last" button.  Sports viewing is perhaps the best use for the "last" button and it doesn't make sense that this would not work.

Ideally we would be able to use PIP and the last button, but at least the latter.

Next season...
newyorker

Forgot password

by newyorker on ‎10-10-2010 09:19 AM

When I forgot my password the only way I could get it was to get a temporary pin to which goes to either my home phone or have it snail mailed to me. What if I am not at home? How do I get it then? Couldn't you make it so that you could have it emailed to your email account?

DigitalFreak

Ability to purchase equipment

by DigitalFreak on ‎10-10-2010 06:25 AM

The functionality of a DVR\PVR isn't new and can be accomplished via several means, however, I understand Verizon's need to protect content via encryption.

Having said that, it would be a huge benefit to the consumer if they were given the option to PURCHASE equipment.  At $16\month for a HD DVR and having had the same box for several years I have already invested $576 over that period of time just for 1 of my STBs.  If Verizon offered the hardware for $200-$300, both sides would get what they wanted.

Along the same lines, basic "TV adapters" should be offered for <$50.  Even at $3.99\month consumers pay a large sum of money over the course of several years.

Our goal is to enable a variety of consumer electronics devices with full access to FiOS TV content. You should be able to buy devices from a retail outlet. That's the intention. Maybe later we'll make the units with a VZ logo on them available for purchase.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements