Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 10-30-2011 - 11-05-2011

cmonhollan

Box Keyword

by cmonhollan on ‎11-05-2011 08:52 PM

I have the Verizon Fios package and myself being the huge hockey fan that I am, I don't always know when a game is being televised on another channel, say Versus or a college game. I think there should be a way to give your box a keyword and when said keyword is in the program description, the box asks if you want to flip to that channel? Kind of the same way when you set a reminder, how a box pops up to ask if you want to turn the channel on.

For example: My keyword would be hockey. So like tonight, the Big Ten Network played the Minnesota-North Dakota college hockey game. I had no idea it was on until I happened to scroll past it while searching the guide. If I had the keyword set up, I would have known at the beginning of the game instead of missing half of it.

That is kind of a cool idea. Kudos. We think of things like that in terms of playlist functionality. Would you want to input the keyword and then get a look ahead to see what the box was going to show you, so you could edit it? of course, the results will only be as good as the search term used, so we have to ask: in this case did you search on 'hockey' or 'game' up front and if so, did the game get missed by the search engine?

I know people have probably posted this, it fios seems doesn't like 802.11n dual band routers but I asked tech support when I called Verizon Fios is some type licensed company that I can't remember the name of and a lot of the fios tv services are processed through the fios router

fios just get a wired modem only not a modem/router combo option cuz u need to liscensed to your own fios made wireless n router

wired modem would do the following

no wireless component wired modem only

process fios services espcially for tv

can use own 802.11n wireless router so fios for that time being till fios gets its own wireless router and is liscensed to use wireless n frequencies

has LAN ports for wired connections and internet port for router

its so simple to just to get a wired modem that should have been there from the start and it would end the constant request for wireless n router from verizon and as i suggested it can process the fios services info and we can use 802.11n router

Sromy2000

Notification of shows available onDemand

by Sromy2000 on ‎11-05-2011 04:04 PM

Dear Verizon<

Since you guys now have a large library of primetime shows that are available on Demand, It would be nice if they were "noted" somehow in the guide (perhaps OD) as being available on demand, that way we can reserve our DVR spaces for shows that are not available onDemand.

scots

Reporting Violators of Florida's No Call List

by scots on ‎11-05-2011 01:20 PM

I just went online to get the number of a company that called so that I can report the violation to the State of Florida.  It occurred to me that it would be great if we could send the number and call information directly to the Division of Consumer Services from this website by putting a check by the number of the caller and having it automatically sent. to the Department.  The violations are getting more and more numerous.  This would make it easier to report a vioation.  Maybe it would also encourage customers to keep their landline since it is harder to solicit a cell phone which makes a cell phone for home service more desirable.

microconsulting

On-line Calendar

by microconsulting on ‎11-04-2011 08:57 AM

Why not provide as part of  email a printable calendar similar to what is provided in Microsoft Office?

JSmith363

Update TV Remote Program Codes for VIORE TV

by JSmith363 on ‎11-04-2011 08:00 AM

Recently I purchased a VIORE LCD24VF75 24" TV/DVD Combo Television.

When I tried programming the Verizon TV remote with the FIOS TV code of 3252 IT DID NOT WORK.

I went to VIORE Technical Support and they suggested that I try using one of the Samsung codes listed on your program guide.

I found out that code 0729 WORKS.

Chilly4

Reporting Phone outage during a Storm

by Chilly4 on ‎11-03-2011 05:36 PM

Please consider a new way to report a landline phone outage during a storm. Currently the only way to report a landline problem is to go through an automated phone system or go online and there is no place to indicate that it could be storm related. I recently had to report our landline phone being out and it made me actually schedule an appointment for a technician to come out to the house. Obiviously the problem was corrected as the storm related wires were fixed. I still had an appointment scheduled for a week out. I received a call from a Verizon rep today asking if we were still experiencing the problem and to call back to indicate if we still needed a tech to come out to our house. Since I didn't have time to waste on the automated tech line, I went online and cancelled the service repair. Seriously, this could all be avoided if Verizon used a similiar system that National Grid uses to report outages. National grid let us report our address outage on the phone and then indicated which towns were still out and an approximate time that power would be restored. Can't verizon figure out a way to do this automatically instead of having customers wait in frustration trying to report a landline outage and wasting a scheduled appointment? 

Just a thought.

0 Votes
marshg246

Quit over subscribing!

by marshg246 on ‎11-03-2011 05:01 PM

The FIOS service is so oversubscribed that our guide sometimes takes 30 seconds to show/move.  My wife askes me to switch back to DirecTV on a daily basis.  Either increase the capacity, or quit selling new customers!

BeckyCA

Additional email features

by BeckyCA on ‎11-03-2011 04:29 PM

Provide Blind email receipt for read messages sent

Rick30us

An HD Channel to add

by Rick30us on ‎11-03-2011 04:18 PM

Please add the HD version of History 2.  The History Channel is swiching many of its series to History 2.  I can see that these shows were recorded in HD by way it is formatted on the screen.   Comcast in my area has the HD version of History 2.  I don't think FIOS should be outdone by Comcast in anything.  Please add the channel!!

HankB

email alerts

by HankB on ‎11-03-2011 02:18 PM

This has probably been addressed before - why does't Verizon email services include email alerts?

HelenWoods

E-Mail Reverse Order

by HelenWoods on ‎11-03-2011 12:53 PM

Your new web e-mail system will not allow me to read messages in order.  When I read and delete an e-mail it takes me to the previous e-mail rather than the next e-mail.  I can change the order that I view the titles of e-mails by clicking on the date on the main page but this does not change the order in which e-mails are presented to me when I read and delete individual e-mails.  This is very frustrating.

There was a setting to fix this on your old e-mail system.  I would like you to either fix this problem or switch me back to your old system.

Thank you.

Helen

I wish I could unmark a recording "watched" when I played it momentarily but decided not to watch it.

I like that the DVR now colors recordings yellow when you've watched them, makes it much easier to sort/delete things.  But sometimes when I record 2 back to back 30 minute shows on the same channel, they arent the best at ending each program at the right time and instead make sure they end correctly after the full hour.  I mean the end of the first program runs into the start of the second recording, so when I want to see the last few seconds/minutes of the show I have to play the beginning of the 2nd recording.  This cause the second program to be mark as watched when I really haven't watch it yet.

That's why I would like a way to unmark it yellow, so when I'm looking at the recordings later I know I haven't seen it yet...

Thanks

as62

Future info in Guide

by as62 on ‎11-03-2011 10:28 AM

Since the guide does not move foward until the exact time is reached (i.e. it shows 9:30 up until the clock reaches 10:00), can there be an option to go to a particular channel even if the program occurs in the future.  Example:  If it is 9:58, I move the guide forward so I can see the prgrams at 10:00.  However if I want to go to that channel I have to move the guide back to 9:30 and then press Ok.  Why can't there be an option of  "Go to channel now"?

SimpleIsBetter

Website could use a total overhaul

by SimpleIsBetter on ‎11-02-2011 06:12 PM

The one thing that Steve Jobs taught the world is that simple human interfaces are better.

Why do people set Google to be their home page?  It is SIMPLE and loads quickly.

The verizon website is NOT simple.  It is cluttered and littered and very inefficient.

I loose patience with it every time I try to do anything.

I have to visually search very hard to find anything on any page.  Nothing is obvious.

Then I have to click and click and click to get to the information I desire.

For example, when I go to look at my cell phone calls, it gives me this little tiny window that I have to scroll around.

But that's only one of 15 or so windows.  I have to click and click and click to get to the one I want.

Very cute.  Very inefficient.  I would like one very long listing.  My browser gives me a way to scroll.

Why does Verizon have to put a scrolling window inside a scrolling browser?

Maybe someone is trying way to hard to earn their paycheck.

And then it times out and resets.  Very secure.  So secure it discourages normal users.

Grrr...

btm231

Single-click full info

by btm231 on ‎11-02-2011 12:24 PM

One annoyance I have with Verizon's guide (even the old one had this issue) is when I'm browsing the guide, I have to click info TWICE to view full info. Shouldn't the full info be the default view when pressing Info? Instead, I have to either hit info twice or scroll to "Full Info" to view actor, director, etc.

Can we get this retooled in any future updates? :smileyhappy:

possibly.

How can I record all Washington Capitals games if the title just says 'NHL Hockey'? The DVR's record series feature only looks at the TITLE. I had this capability 15 years ago with DirectTV.

will pass this comment along to our metadata team.
0 Votes
MaxRossLinden

If we have Verizon Wireless and Fios Triple Play...

by MaxRossLinden on ‎11-02-2011 12:25 AM - last edited on ‎11-08-2011 05:55 PM by Moderator

I know this may never happen but I think we should get a couple of perks.

*$10 dollar Data plan for free. (You need to have the triple play for you to get it for free) 

*DVR Apps that are not only for smart phones... Ones that work like The Mobile IM App and/or Backup Assistant... And its a free downloadable app.

*Can recieve and send text messages on any box that you setup your Verizon mobile phone to. (It will be more useful when we get keyboards working for the boxes)

I can't really think of more perks, but I these are perks I would like and maybe other people.

UnnDunn

"Charlie Chat" for FiOS

by on ‎11-01-2011 08:36 AM

So Dish Network produces a monthly program called "Charlie Chat" wherein their CEO, Charlie Ergen, takes live phone questions from Dish Network customers and answers them (within the bounds permitted by their PR strategy, of course.) They also produce a "Technical Chat" where their technical VP takes questions about topics like installation, how they allocate satellite resources, relatively geeky lower-level stuff (again, within the bounds of their PR strategy.)

Both shows are fantastic PR tools because, while there are obvious limits on what they can say, they are pretty good about dropping enough nuggets of information to make both programs seem quite valuable.

Right now, there is a general tone of frustration permeating most forums where FiOS TV is discussed. Complaints range from the lengthy wait for IMG updates, to the perceived lack of additions to FiOS TV's HD lineup, to the color scheme IMG 1.9. But underpinning the frustration is a perceived lack of communication from Verizon about these issues. Joe Ambault is perceived as an unreliable mouthpiece, the blog and YouTube channels are thought of as channels for condensed PR releases, and so on.

I believe people are frustrated because they see that the FiOS technology and infrastructure plant is so clearly superior to Cable, but the FiOS TV service is handled like it's a cable company TV service, not as if it were something fundamentally superior. FiOS is clearly one of, if not the best residential communication networks in the country, but yet it feels like FiOS TV could just as easily be run over normal cable lines without any real loss of functionality or quality.

I think a Verizon-produced show in the "Charlie Chat" format would do wonders to help change this perception, especially in the eyes of FiOS' most ardent fans. It doesn't necessarily have to be on FiOS TV itself; it could be a show on YouTube or something. But I think the live element of the "Charlie Chat" format is key, and something like that would only really be well received if it were on FiOS, on channel 131 or on FiOS1. With FiOS1, Verizon's already got the production resources for something like this.

It doesn't have to feature Lowell McAdam or Ivan Seidenberg (in fact, it probably shouldn't--those guys are probably too far removed from the day to day operation of FiOS to have any input that consumers would care about) but it should feature someone high-up in the FiOS organizational hierarchy. And it can't just be another outlet for PR or inaccurate, unreliable information. It has to deal in providing specific answers, even if those answers are "I don't know" or "We can't answer yet." Of course, it still does have to drop some good information, otherwise it'll just seem like a cheap PR vehicle.

I'm hoping this idea receives real consideration, especially in light of the frustrations people are expressing on the forums.

there have been a lot of comments here about how Verizon might better communicate with customers. we appreciate that feedback. This particular idea is interesting and highlights the different approaches different companies use; we all can learn from the successes of others, and Charlie is certainly successful.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools