• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 10-31-2010 - 11-06-2010

franklins

Video Streaming through Media Manager

by franklins on ‎11-06-2010 08:11 PM

I enjoy displaying the photos, videos and FM radio from my laptop on the TV. 

It will be nice if there is an option to add an online video streaming link to media manager and access that online video from TV using Media Manager.

This might be a great value added for Verizon Media manager.

If you have a Windows computer - Already Exists. We have a solution coming for Mac OS homes.
0 Votes
franklins

Media Manager on Mobile

by franklins on ‎11-06-2010 08:05 PM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:31 AM by Admin Emeritus

How about a Media manager for smart phones. So that when I connect my phone to Verizon router using wifi option on the mobile, I can display my pictures from the mobile phone on TV?

Download FiOS Mobile remote... you can fling pics at the tube with a gesture... it's pretty hot..

Dear Verizon,

Love the service.  It is the best. 

But Bill paying online is one of the worst I have ever seen.  I never found it harder for a business establishment to take my money.  And then if it is late you hammer me with a late charge.  Multiple web sites and browser upgrades that are unable to access.  Pretty unbelievable how bad the method is to simply pay a monthly bill.

Which brings me to another point.  How about a  customer loyalty break on the bill.  It keeps creeping up and now around 150 bucks a month for the basics.  While you offer newcomers 90 bucks for the same service.  Thanks for listening.

Iggy100a

0 Votes

Many people, like me, live in rural areas where there is no DSL and the only source of internet is dial-up or satellite. I love my USB760 wireless modem, but the price for such a small amount of bandwidth is steep. Since this in the only means of decent internet most rural people have, I propose to categorize how people use their mobile broadband (Cell phone, home internet, internet on the go, etc.) and offer different prices for each, lowering the cost if they use it solely as home internet.  

thetick1234

Please renew contract with RFDTV

by ‎11-05-2010 03:31 PM - edited ‎11-09-2010 11:57 AM

Below is an email I received an email from the RFDTV CEO and sounds just awful.  Granted RFDTV is not the best programming but there are a few shows I do enjoy.  The cost is EXREMELY low and they claim Verizon would not accept the same existing contract... a ZERO percent increase!  Please continue to include RFDTV in our lineup.  It will not cost Verizon or any of it customers any more dollars.

<BEGINNING of EMAIL>

November 4, 2010

To: All Verizon FiOS TV Customers

Fm: Patrick Gottsch

Re: RFD-TV Status on Verizon FiOS TV

Thank you for responding to RFD-TV’s message to FiOS TV viewers of this channel. Please know that we would not bother you if this was not very, very important.

Unfortunately, RFD-TV has a critical situation developing here with FiOS TV that needs to be brought to your attention. A program executive with Verizon FiOS TV notified RFD-TV that it was going to remove RFD-TV from the FiOS TV lineup “over the next two weeks”.

For the past several months, RFD-TV has been working hard with executives of FiOS TV to renew and extend the original Affiliation Agreement that expired earlier this year, which had been the basis for their carriage of RFD-TV during the past 2 years. Unlike most other channels who are asking for rate hikes from their carriers when renewing, RFD-TV DID NOT ASK FOR ANY RATE HIKE WHATSOEVER, and in fact, simply offered to extend our original agreement under the same terms and conditions. RFD-TV does receive a small, monthly subscriber fee from FiOS TV (a few cents each month), which is very similar to the amount received under other long-term agreements that RFD-TV has in place with our other distributors including DIRECTV, DISH Network, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Suddenlink, Charter, Bresnan, Mediacom, and others.

FiOS TV instead has chosen to play “hard ball” with RFD-TV, and is trying to force unreasonable terms for extending carriage for five more years, including demanding a 70% rate reduction, carriage for the next year for free, plus FiOS TV wants to move and limit RFD-TV into their Ultimate or Prime packages only, which would force many of FiOS TV customers to have to pay nearly $20 extra each month just to get RFD-TV. Please note that RFD-TV even offered to lower its rate to FiOS TV if they would only put RFD-TV in their most penetrated Ultimate package so that every FiOS TV customer could receive RFD-TV at no additional charge. FiOS TV flatly rejected our generous offer, telling us again to take their terms or be removed from all their systems nationwide, which leads us to where we are today.

As an independent channel, it is difficult for RFD-TV to fight such unfair tactics, as we don’t have the leverage of a Fox, ESPN, or Discovery channel, which are owned by large media conglomerates and have the power of many channels being distributed by those carriers. RFD-TV has to depend on its audience to raise their voices and help convince companies like Verizon FiOS TV to carry this family-oriented channel. At this time, we ask that you do the following in order to help keep RFD-TV on FiOS TV:

1. Send an e-mail and call the key decision maker at Verizon FiOS TV on this matter and tell him your personal thoughts on this matter. Please copy Info@rfdtv.com with any e-mail sent.

2. Contact your local Verizon FiOS TV office and encourage them not to drop RFD-TV from their program lineup, and ask your friends and neighbors on FiOS TV to do the same.

3. Spread this information and suggestions to others through your personal options (Facebook, Twitter, e-mail lists, etc.) and ask them to join in this effort.

RFD-TV’s ratings continue to climb and now beat many of the other basic cable channels in both daytime and prime time periods. RFD-TV is the #1 cable network serving 50+ year-old viewers as a percentage of our audience, all of which is confirmed by Nielsen. RFD-TV is about to celebrate our 10th Anniversary on December 15, and we are proud of what we have been able to accomplish over the past decade.

FiOS TV claims that they do not believe that many of their customers watch RFD-TV, or will miss this rural channel if it was removed from their mostly urban and suburban systems. We hope that RFD-TV can get your help to prove them wrong, and turn FiOS TV’s executives’ attitude around on this ill-advised decision that they are about to make.

On behalf of everyone at RFD-TV, along with our 93 independent programmers, I thank you in advance for any support with Verizon FiOS TV that you and your friends/neighbors may provide for us at this time. We will keep you fully informed as more news becomes available during this crisis through another e-mail or scroll on RFD-TV.

Again, please copy me on any emails sent to Verizon so we can keep it for our records, which helps prove the passion of RFD-TV’s audience.

Sincerely,

Patrick Gottsch

Founder & President

RFD

Verizon does not comment on the details of contract negotiations, as we don’t want our customers to feel caught in the middle. However, we do want our customers to know that we’ve been negotiating with RFD in good faith for nearly a year. In that time, they have repeatedly rejected our fair and reasonable offers to keep the channel on the FiOS TV channel lineup. We hope to be able to continue offering the channel, and hope that RFD will agree to negotiate a fair contract that best serves our FiOS subscribers.
0 Votes
angeloalberico

HDMI (SD Override) Bug

by angeloalberico on ‎11-05-2010 12:36 PM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:31 AM by Admin Emeritus

I've have FiOS TV for a few years now and I have 3 STBs (2 QIP-7100 and 1 QIP-7216 HDDVR) each hooked up to different TVs and AVRs via HDMI.  

For a long time now I've noticed an issue with the box during the HDMI handshake.  It seems that when the box is left on an SD channel and then when the TV is turned off and the box goes into standby (usually over night) and when I turn on the TV and then wake up the box (it has to re-handshake the HDMI) it resets the preference for SD Overrride to 480i.  

I perfer my SD Override to be off (let it just send the signal as is with no stretching) and each time this new handshake happens it gets reset.  It does not get reset if the channel that was left on before it goes into standby was a HD channel.

I just found out this is the place to post bugs to, if it is not please let me know where to post/who to contact.

This is a place to post changes to the software you would like to see... but is not the place to get support

Currently the Outdoor Channel is only available with the most expensive plan that includes all of the major sports channels. Without the "big money" sports programming (i.e.: NFL, MLB, etc.), couldn't this channel be available on the cheaper channel lineup plan? After all, The Outdoor Channel is something the entire family could find programming on of interest. It is not tailored for the "stick and ball" game fans whose players earn millions per year. Naturally those channels with those players need to make money every place they can to maintain their salaries....whatever. But, The Outdoor Channel offers shows about Conservation, Off-Road, Hunting, Fishing, Adventure etc - in other words sports any family member could do  and would be interested in. Mom, Dad and the kids are concerned with nature and its conservation, the adventure of the outdoors and many of us hunt, fish and off-road.

So how about it? What about us poor "guys"? I shoot, fish and go off-roading in my Jeep - and I'm a girl!

We continue to look at the best ways to offer content that satisfies as many of our customers as possible, while taking our content partners desires into consideration (slightly less)
CRobGauth

Have Custom Record Schedule Survive DST

by Silver Contributor III ‎11-04-2010 08:25 PM - edited ‎11-05-2010 08:43 AM

I have some custom recording times configured (can only watch the beginning of Tonight Show but no need to record all of it).

But will have to redo it after Sunday because fall back from DST causes it to record an hour earlier. My Outlook Calendar can figure it out, why not DVR schedule?

Please consider allowing customers to downgrade high speed internet service plans online. It is both time-intensive and customer service-prohibitive to not allow your customers to make a decision without having to call during weekday business hours. We pay for your service so that we can access our online content at the times which are convenient to us. When you only allow a customer to increase their consumption, then do not provide an opportunity to scale back in the same manner, you both confuse and frustrate us. Give us the freedom of choice and we will give you our continued business.

0 Votes
cyber

fios tv

by cyber on ‎11-04-2010 06:49 AM

fios tv fo honeybrook pa 19344 ive been livein here for over a year now and still no fios tv

we continue to build out FiOS TV to more and more households
Joeg679

Flex view for iPhone

by on ‎11-03-2010 11:42 PM

When will the iPhone app be available?

We never get to give out dates... so I can't answer "when"... but our goal is to enable the FiOS On Demand's Flex View capability on as many devices as possible.
0 Votes

Have a station that lists all the games (with the announcing team) on a screen that actually lists the Fios channel it will be on rather than Game 1, 2, 3 ect (which doesn't help at all).  In this should be listed if the game is on Versus or a local channel, or the NHL network.... it's a mess trying to find a game, and it shouldn't be this difficult.  In addition some games are on two channels and it would be nice to list which is with each teams announcer (this would be a huge help when using the DVR, as if we have the choice it makes a HUGE difference to hear the game with our announcers.

There are so many ways to find games... you can search for NHL or the team (type key word or click through categories), you can set your guide to "sports mode" and then all you'll see is the games in the guide (right arrow brings up mode selection), you can access the sport's widget and see the games schedule... The second portion of your idea is interesting... not sure where to get the info, but we can look into figuring out that one...
dslr595148

Please deploy full SSL.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎11-02-2010 05:25 AM - last edited on ‎11-15-2010 12:20 PM by Admin Emeritus

The flaw that is addressed in http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-272.htm which is Security Now! with Steve Gibson, Episode 272, recorded October 27, 2010: Firesheep puts a lot of pressure on you to deploy full SSL.

For example by Full SSL, I don't just mean to log-in with. I mean,

#1 The site must allow users to browse & post while using SSL.

#2 For sending and receiving e-mail (it could be by web based e-mail or SMTP/POP OR even an IMAP client on their computer) using SSL.

#3 The site must allow users to browse, pay online while using SSL.

We are currently implementing SSL. We expect to be done over the coming weeks.
xmnj

FIOS Digital Voice Mobile App

by xmnj on ‎11-02-2010 04:59 AM

How about a mobile app for Digital Voice?  The app would allow the customer to:

-check voicemail

-change feature settings, such as turn on call forwarding

-sync contacts from the phone to the Digital Voice portal

Comcast has an app like this but for the iPhone and Blackberry.  Too many times I'm on the road and would rather be able to manage the functions without having to use a web browser.

I had brought up this idea before, but it was removed and stated that it should go under Verizon Wireless.  Just like the Remote DVR mobile app, this is not Verizon Wireless specific as there should be an app for the various platforms on the market, and as everyone is not a VZW customer.

Currently available on Blackberry Storm 2 and most Droid devices. Check your app store.

Now this must be done manually for each show or series after first setting it to record. I'd rather use up a few extra minutes of recording time than to to miss the beginning (or, more likely, the end) of a program I'm looking forward to watching.

I like both the ideas... default start / end time... as well as auto prompt for live events... we'll see if we can fit them into an upcoming release
charlesjwalter

Ability to control audio reciever

by charlesjwalter on ‎10-31-2010 07:31 AM

I just switched from Time Warner yesterday. Everything looks great! However, I do miss the ability to have basic controls for my audio receiver. It would be great if this could be a feature request for a future remote control, or if one of the Verizon iPhone apps enabled programming of different audio receivers (I haven't checked these out yet).

Very pleased so far!

I would love to make the smartphone apps control more traditional A/V equipment... but that equipment has to speak IP or your smartphone has to put out infra red signals... right now neither do that. We will keep this suggestion in mind when we design a new remote control
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements