• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 10-09-2011 - 10-15-2011

jbwilcoxson

DVR to Run Concurrently with Widgets

by jbwilcoxson on ‎10-15-2011 01:56 PM

I am recording a college football game on the DVR for my fiance while he is at work, which I would rather not watch. I attempted to turn on Pandora using the widgets on Verizon Fios while I do my house cleaning. It showed a prompt that said I would have to stop my DVR recording in order to use the widgets. Needless to say, I am unable to listen to Pandora.

Perhaps you guys can fix this. Us women would greatly appreciate it.    =)

dawniegirl

Using the DVR

by dawniegirl on ‎10-14-2011 06:55 PM

To me trying to record is a bit complicated & it doesn't have to be.  Sure recording 1 episode of something is easy BUT trying to set up to record on a daily or weekly basis is not so easy.  It looks easy.  Why all the questions:  record series, record series with options, etc.  It could be a little more cut & dry.   The record series makes sense...you should only be getting new episodes of the series BUT if you record series on a channel that plays the program more than once....you get the same show over & over.  I have also tried record series with options so this doesn't happen however the options don't even make sense.  Why would I want first run & repeats?? And if this option is selected how is it possible to have the answer to duplicates be "NO".  Isn't a repeat a duplicate?  The problem is I don't only record  new first run episodes & I sometimes need to record a show at a later time or a different channel due to scheduling conflicts.  Half the time I get the same show multiple times or I miss a show.  Maybe I'm the idiot but I never had this much trouble with my previous carrier:  Dish Network.  It was very simple - all I had to do was select the show & then it asked me for daily, weekly, monthly,  - it didn't need to ask me what channel since I selected it from the channel I need.  This whole thing needs to be simplified. Most of the time I just find the show I want & every week I just use the "record episode" option since I'm never sure what I'm going to get if I do it any other way.

dawniegirl

DVR

by dawniegirl on ‎10-14-2011 06:14 PM

I had a multi room DVR which is a great thing BUT I wanted to be able to record from BOTH DVR's & couldn't since only one can record but both could play back.  So I had to switch the set top box that doesn't record with a 2nd DVR set top box - unfortunately once you do this you lose the multi room function.  So now I can record from either set top box but can only watch what is recorded in each one separately.  I was told that the new version 1.9 would fix this problem but where's the new version?? And does it fix this problem? 

Bottom line:  at this point in time every box should record & with technology today the multi room function should be enabled no matter what.  If I record something in the living room I should be able to watch it in the bedroom & vice versa.  We should have the ability to record anywhere & watch anywhere.

With Time Warner Cable I used to upgrade my dvr every year so I can get a higher capacity one that records more. I used to also change my modem every time they made a smaller and thinner one. Verizon charges you $40 to upgrade your equipment! That really is unfair for customers. Cable companies don't charge you to swap out your equipment. If Verizon wants to be competitive then they also shouldn't charge. People are renting the equipment so they should be able to change it whenever they want. If Verizon is claiming they're better than cable then why aren't they acting like it?

minnatdyson

Allow a particular (Sub-account) user to view and pay on "Bill-Pay"tab

by minnatdyson on ‎10-12-2011 11:10 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2011 02:34 PM by Moderator

As the "primary" on my account, I would like for Verizon to come up with a way that I can allow my wife (who is a sub-user on the account), to go in to the "verizon.com" website and "sign-in" under her own "username/password" and be able to view the "Bill-Pay" option without using my password/username.  The problem is that when she uses my "username/password" it then exposes my emails to her.  Now before any body says "well you should not have any emails that she can't view" just understand that I have a business that I run from the home, and many of the emails that I receive are "confidential".  Because of the customers "Right to Privacy Act" I can not expose that sensitive information.  Which leaves me in this dilemma.  I Verizon would somehow allow the Primary Account Holder to have the option to give "a" subuser the authority to use their own username and password to view the "Bill-Pay" then it would eliminate me from having to give my username and password to my wife (or who ever).  As a truck driver (owner/operator) who leaves on Monday's and returns or Fridays, she should be able to have access to the billing information since she has to pay it while I'm gone most of the time.

If there is anyone who has figured out this problem or if Verizon has an answer for this problem, please feel free to contact me at "minnatdyson". which is my community name.

Thanks and God bless'

usshall

APP Update to support new 1.9 features

by usshall on ‎10-12-2011 07:30 AM

1.9 version allowed for multi-hub for your DVRs. It seems it is time to allow a device and the APP running on it to support more then a single DVR. The App should really act like a STB and be able to look at any DVRs and manage them, choose where to record from, etc. It is time for the app to catch up to the service.

WHEN SOMEONE USES MY VOICEMAIL, I HAVE IT SET UP SO IT E-MAILS ME, AND THE HEADING ON THE E-MAIL READS:

"CALL NOTIFICIATION FROM"  AND IT GIVES THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE CALLER!  I DON'T NEED THE "CALL NOTIFICIATION FROM" WHAT I NEED IS THE CALLERS NAME !!  SO WHEN I LOOK QUICKLY AT MY E-MAILS, I CAN SEE AT A GLANCE WHO CALLED ME AND WHAT THE PHONE NUMBER IS , WITHOUT MOVING THE MOUSE!!  

I DON'T WANT TO MOVE THE MOUSE OVER EVERY HEADING TO FIND WHO CALLED ME, I WILL BE THERE ALL DAY DOING THAT. SO WILL SOME SMART VERIZON PROGRAMMER PLEASE CHANGE THE PROGRAM, AND MAKE IT DO AS I ASK??

SOME TIMES IT WILL SAY IN THE SAME LOCATION "NEW MESSAGE FROM" AND GIVE THE NAME, BUT NOT THE NUMBER!!

I DON'T NEED THIS ONE EITHER!!  I STILL HAVE TO USE THE MOUSE, SOMETHING I DON'T WANT TO DO!!

AND SOMETIMES IT GIVES ME THE PHONE I HAVE TO CALL TO GET MY VOICE MAILS,

"CALL NOTIFICIATION FROM 888-234-6786" SOME USELESS INFO THAT DOES ME NO GOOD EITHER!!  I ASSUME THIS MEANS THE SYSTEM DID NOT DETECT A CALLER ID FOR THE INCOMING CALL!!

AND THE OTHER FEATURE, IS THE CALL SCREENING??  I TURNED IT ON, MY PHONE RINGS, AND I HEAR THE CALLER LEAVING A MESSAGE, HOW DO I GET TO TALK TO THEM?? WHAT KEY(S) DO I HAVE TO PUSH TO TALK TO THAT CALLER??

NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW, AT LEAST NOT ME!! 

WHY VERIZON DOESN'T JUST PUT A KEYPAD ON THE SCREEN TO MAKE OUTGOING CALL WITH, AND U USE UR HEADSET OR SPEAKERS AND MIKE TO HEAR AND TALK WITH, AND MAKE THE COMPUTER RING, OR SAY " JOHN DOE IS CALLING FROM 813-123-4567"  AND ITS UP TO U TO ANSWER.  IT COULD ALSO HAVE VIDEO WITH IT, SO U CAN SEE THE PARTY WHO IS CALLING, AND A CHOICE TO LET U BE SEEN OR NOT, IS BEYOND ME. SKYPE HAS COMPUTER PROGRAM THAT IS COMPUTER TO COMPUTER FOR FREE- SO THEY SAY, WHY VERIZON DOESN'T DO AWAY WITH WHAT WE KNOW AS THE HOME TELEPHONE IS BEYOND ME, THE TECHNOLOGY IS THERE, WHERE IS VERIZON??   EVEN MAGIC JACK HAS IT!!  THEY HAVE A UNIT NOW U JUST PLUG INTO AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET AND  MAKE CALLS, NO INTERNET LINE AT ALL, ITS AN 110 VAC OUTLET!!  ITS CALLED MAGIC JACK PLUS!!  AND ITS CHEAP!!

I JUST GOT ONE,   WHY NOT?  ITS ALL ELECTRONIC TODAY!!  THANKS,  10-11-11

Yenco

Local Programming options for DVR

by on ‎10-11-2011 12:53 PM

Hello.  Well, some local elections are coming up soon and so some debates are being held... and broadcast on local access channels.  I'm going to be out during one of these so I figured I would just set my DVR to record it... but how?

The guide doesn't have any of the shows listed (just says "local programming" - oh yeah, THAT is a big help (not)), but that wasn't much of a problem...  I just went to the website for my local access channels and found the schedule there so I know I want to record something that is on at 7:00 PM on Wednesday for 1:30 minutes...  but wait...  I can't seem to do that with the guide.  Oh, I can record from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM and then record from 8:00 PM to 10 PM...   seriously?  In order to record something I want to see I have to put 4 hours on my DVR just to get the hour and a half I want?

So, here is my idea...  the guide either needs to somehow get the local programming schedule so I can record the shows I want (like I can with almost any other station), or maybe there needs to be some "manual" option to set a recording for situations like this.

suba

service and support

by suba on ‎10-11-2011 04:20 AM

need to have add on feature option to parent controls; 

spending limits online for children and way to block  unauthorized spending; 

my son is getting new credit and debit cards and using my bank account for spending on gaming

of course i have attempted measures to correct; he is autistic; and sneaky; 

parents dont have 24/7 control over kids now; times very busy; and stress is high;

if there was a general way to block any spending or set an amount for a child to have ; or a way for parent to see all spending a child does; as they have websites we dont even know about for games; and these websites often have no spending controls;

just like we can control the ratings of web content; it would be nice to need a pass word to spend any money online if it is possible to do so; 

thanks!

tns

EAS alerts should not disrupt Recordings.

by Silver Contributor V on ‎10-11-2011 02:30 AM

There are some DVR's for some providers which display EAS, while continuing to record.  On playback the alerts are not displayed (except where a local station also put up the alert).

It would be nice if FIOS could also do this.  Don't know if it is a restriction of the boxes they use or just of the way FIOS does the alerts

we work hard to comply with Federal Regulations because we want you, our customers, to be safe. As these regulations evolve over time we will continue to work to minimize the impact these have when they are simply a test, but need to do so in a way that will allow us to deliver the message if and when you are ever actually in danger.
magnusfl

3 or 4 stream DVR

by magnusfl on ‎10-09-2011 10:42 PM

It would be nice to be able to record 2 streams plus play out from the muti room dvr in two or three streams from the dvr

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements