Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 11-21-2010 - 11-27-2010

dslr595148

Add the ability to remove Verizon WiFi Account

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎11-27-2010 10:52 AM - last edited on ‎12-03-2010 10:50 AM by Admin Emeritus

If an user latter on decides to change their mind, currently there is no way to cancel ( As need be, see sample screen shot provided to me by prisaz )

Please allow users to remove their Verizon WiFi Account.

Thanks.

pamu77

24 Hour Cricket Channel

by pamu77 ‎11-27-2010 05:50 AM - edited ‎11-27-2010 06:08 AM

Hi, I just got an email from "Willow TV" that they have started a 24 hour cricket channel on Dish Network and Direct TV. This will be the most desirable channel for millions and millions of south east asia cricket fans especially since almost ALL the cricket action around the world is shown on "Willow TV". This includes the "Indian Premier League" played every year and followed by milions. Additionally, the "Cricket World Cup" is coming up in Feb/March 2011 where all the top cricket nations of the world will be participating. Can this channel be added to Verizon Fios line up as a subscription channel or as part of the south indian channels package? Thanks.

This is so annoying it makes me sick.

bar.JPG

Make it a link some where stop pushing it on evey page that comes up. You must say no how many times?

I'll answer that, EVERY TIME A NEW PAGE COMES UP! Sorry for yelling.

Ok we are checking into this
0 Votes

I would relly like it if verizon came out with the ability for resedenshial custermers can have each room in there house set on a difrent extenshion number so when somone call is would automaticly forwared the call to an automated asiistant the would trasfer the call to the right room and voicemail system. Also i would likee to have each room to have a private phon number where only famly ans frends can dial into so they do not have to go throught the automated call assitant. Also i would like the ability to trasfer call to difrent rooms as well. Also i would like to have the paging ability and also the ability to use a intercome system the versionz would install. I would like to have the paging and intercome system desinged where at certnat times of the day is would only alow certan spear locasions to bradcast the info. Also i would like to have the ability to asjust theses setting right online. Also i would like to have the old home phone servers concerted to the fios digatal voice servas so i can enjoy more featuers.

This is a complex arrangement and more geared to a business application. Thanks for the suggestion.
tvlady

Free Movies on Demand

by tvlady on ‎11-26-2010 04:21 PM

Where are the Free Movies?  Even if you don't purchase the "Premium" channels they should provide free movies adult and children (not just the same shows which need to update every 2-4 weeks but are the same ones for  2-4 months).  The other service provider (Comcast) had several movies for free, easier to find on demand, and was CHEAPER.  After the promotions same ol HIGH prices.

Bring back the service, pricing, and availability that was advertised and your customers want..

nativeray911

FIOS iPhone app

by nativeray911 on ‎11-26-2010 09:02 AM - last edited on ‎12-03-2010 11:18 AM by Admin Emeritus

I love FIOS and the iPhone DVR app it works great. I also like the idea of the FIOS remote however I don't think its fair that it only works on the HD boxes. Please update so that it works with the non-HD boxes.

The fact that the mobile remote app only works on DVR's and HD STB's is not because we were trying to block cool features... quite simply the SD boxes don't have the horsepower to do the trick... so they won't be getting the feature.
asm20850

Expand ESPN Goal Line

by asm20850 on ‎11-26-2010 08:38 AM

Can you provide more detail as to why ESPN Goal Line is unavailable in the Harrisburg and Washington DC markets?  The only similarity that I can see is that both of the local ABC affiliates are owned by Allbritton.  Is there anything customers in those markets can do (i.e., call the local ABC affiliate) to expedite the availability of this channel?

Thanks for your feedback here.  It's a very useful forum.

The content is not available, because another provider in those areas has exclusive rights... and when they expire... we'll definitely offer the channel
0 Votes
SiezeTheDay

Detecting Theft of Services

by SiezeTheDay on ‎11-25-2010 09:54 PM

One method of detecting theft of services is intriguing and could possibly lead to a reduction of misuse.  At the network router, open IP packets to determine which browser version is in use. This will allow you to determine if the tethering feature is enabled illegally.  As you may know all smartphone's are vulnerable to bypassing the pay feature.  It's a fairly complicated process technically.  So, you may want to forward this to a network engineer.  I'd be happy to assist if needed. 

I also had an idea regarding blocking Google Voice.  In 3 minutes you can bypass the circle of friends loophole and enable 100% free calls - plus reroute all traffic/calls into an untraceable communication.  Again, this is a fairly technical topic.

Let me know if I can help.  Take care.

Cheers,

-Tim

Are these false positive indications, or true issues. It is bad PR for this to happen. Be it the other vendors' issue or Verizon's. I feel it justifies some investigation on Verizons part to prevent this type of false reporting, it if is indeed false.

Ad-Aware during In Home Agent Install.

MSG [7000] 2010/11/25 09:15:24: C:\users\mark\appdata\local\temp\msid424.tmp (diagnosis: Malware family: Trojan.Win32.Malware.a) => Block

Another post regarding MalwareBytes that remained un answered.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/backdoor-bifrost-trojan/m-p/149993

Perhaps if these are indeed false positives, there should be some indication on the web site for the software as to what may cause this. It is a big deterent to use a product that recieves these type of warnings.

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/inhomeagent?CMP=DMC-CV090267

Mark

PS. Not good for anyone.

prisaz

Some customers still on the old packages.

by on ‎11-24-2010 06:49 PM

Perhaps it is time to reach out to those customers still on the old Essentials and Premier packages. There is a new line up this month for November 2010, and it looks like some of the channels may have been removed from those packages. Based on what they are paying month to month, it may help them to switch, even if there is a slight price increase. With the newer bundles, it may be that they are paying close to the cost of the newer packages. I know at one time there was a transition period offered for those customer to switch at the same price as new customers. It has been a long time, but I went from Premier to the older Extreme during that period. Let's do it again. Incentive to make the old stuff just go away.

Happier customers, and Verizon with upgraded customers.

0 Votes
Joeg679

Ability to rearrange recorded programs

by on ‎11-24-2010 11:10 AM

I would like to be able to rearrange the items that I have recorded.  There are a few movies that I like to keep on my DVR year round and I would like to be able to move them to the bottom because now they are mixed up with some of the shows that I record and haven't watched or have saved.  This shouldn't be too hard to implement, maybe an edit button then selecting the show/movie and the use of the arrows. 

Maybe not exactly as you describe... but there are more sorting and filtering capabilities coming (e.g. by date)
TBL

FiOS TV Content: College Sports Programming

by TBL on ‎11-23-2010 07:36 PM - last edited on ‎11-24-2010 11:34 AM by Admin Emeritus

I'd like to see more local (Western NY) sports programming.  We have 4 Div I colleges locally (Bonas, UB, Canisius, Niagara) and very little broadcasts of their sporting events.  Channel 1 displays that its for local sporting events, however, its hardly programming anything.  My main interest would be in St. Bonaventure men's basketball and UB football, however, would be interested in basketball with any of these programs.  Time Warner offers much more local sporting broadcasts.  Please consider.  Thank you.

0 Votes
Narflar

Teletoon Channels

by Narflar on ‎11-23-2010 03:37 PM

Would it be possible to get the canadian Teletoon networks?  If anything the Teletoon Retro?  There is nothing like it here in the states.

Not sure... will have to ask the team...
0 Votes
Narflar

Overwrite Old Recordings

by Narflar on ‎11-23-2010 03:20 PM

I feel like I have to micromanage my DVR.  I see I can set it to record up to X number of shows.  Say I want to record the Daily Show.  I only want 5 in my DVR at any given time but I don't care if the oldest one gets overwritten.  I always want the most recient show.  What good does it do me if I only want 5 shows and it stops recording the most current ones?

Narflar

HD Guide and Menus

by Narflar on ‎11-23-2010 03:16 PM

For those of us with HDTVs can the guilde be made to display only in HD?  Every time I switch from an SD to HD channel the Guide changes.  Also, the On Demand and Menu resolutions all seem to be in SD so going to those from an HD channel just seem to slow the box down as it switches.

need a new release of the guide - IMG 1.9 suppports HD graphics canvas

Cut your loses on the .tv channels and use the QAMs for the content people want.

We have an obligation to distribute the channels. And we honor our obligations.
prisaz

Special one day FiOS deals for Black Friday.

by on ‎11-23-2010 09:13 AM

Perhaps a big subscription push with one day Black Friday Specials.

This user deserves all the credit for the idea.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Fios-Deals-on-Black-Friday/m-p/249483/highlight/fal...

This is a tough one...since Black Friday has passed...I know there are deals through the holidays, and there's a contest on Facebook related to daily deals through the holidays.
Little_Jimmy

Service

by Little_Jimmy on ‎11-22-2010 01:34 PM

My suggestion is that both Verison companies Wireless and Residential should combine bills online and, if necessary paper forms of billing; and, especially the category of Customer Service efforts of BOTH companies. Also, the vocabulary (e.g., "wireless" refers to the cell phone and its products only and the Residential service refers to those products and services regarding landlines and internet connections). As you can read my confusion and wholes in information are evident. I am not the only one having this problems. There are better ways of handling and balancing the two companies of Verison which would make customers dealings with Verison overall a much better experience and product.

Just trying to help others and Verison...William (Jim).

prisaz

Auto Spell Check when posting.

by on ‎11-22-2010 09:45 AM

Auto Spell Check by default or an option to turn it on. When a user clicks on the post button it could come up and run spell check like many Email programs. Fur peepol lick me hoo dunt speel weel. Some times what my head thinks does not make it out my finger tips properly.

This is most noticeable when posting in a blog where you can not go back and fix your post.

Submitted to Lithium as an idea for upgrade.
0 Votes
prisaz

Verizon Branded Products

by on ‎11-21-2010 02:23 PM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:29 AM by Admin Emeritus

HD STB that has all the features of say a verizon STB, Speaker Phone, and TV where you could mute the TV, all in one. Would be great for the kitchen. Yes it would still need a remote. What happened to the Verizon branded products? People might actually buy one of these.

We introduced a product called the Hub, which did pretty close to what you are suggesting... it got discontinued... but we always keep our eyes open for gaps in the consumer electronics market.
philip82

Ditch TechWizard.exe

by philip82 on ‎11-21-2010 10:21 AM

After installation, the techie insisted that he had to plug a memory stick into my PC and run a program called "techwizard.exe".  In itself bad enough - I wonder to how many virus infected home PCs all over NY this stick was attached before. But then "techwizard.exe" goes on and pops up a UAC dialog, asking for admin rights ?!?? 

I did a full forensics of the PC after the techie left ... the main reason for the admin rights seems to be so that you can drop completely unnecessary and certainly unwanted bookmarks to "verizon.com" into the browser settings for Administrator and All-Users.

Basic connectivity checks can be done by simply surfing to a Verizon web page, without requiring admin rights, and certainly without requiring yet another EXE from yet another potentially infected memory stick.  If something doesn't work right, _then_ you can bring out the diagnostics tools etc, but ideally they should then also be accompanied by a techie who knows how to use them.

diggadave

a separate phone line when it's VOIP data?

by diggadave on ‎11-21-2010 09:50 AM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:09 AM by Admin Emeritus

I get why Verizon wants to differentiate between phone and data services on wireless plans (bandwidth limitations have been more than ably demonstrated by AT&T's iPhone issues), but on residential services, it's just a rip-off.

The phone services is essentially a VOIP service and as such it's just data, which is more than adequately charged for under the internet service I pay for through FiOS. At this point, having wasted time and effort to try contacting Customer Service about dropping my home phone service (the office was closed for the weekend - inconvenient unless I want to call from work, no?) and worked through the Tech Support phone maze (enduring push ads for services I don't want before I even get to the menu options), I finally logged in to myVerizon, worked through the Shop options to see if I can Customize my own bundle package, only to find that I can't  do it online.  Presumably this is because I would be reducing my billable services.

You can see by that last paragraph that it takes too long to get anything done with Verizon or to find out they can't / won't do it.

If Verizon wants to retain me as a customer, then why not let me view the costs of a truly customized package? Rather than paying a Customer Service rep to have their ears bent by me (assuming I ever get hold of one), you would actually find out what I AM interested in, and you might find that I am happy with lower bandwidth on my internet connection, freeing up capacity for other customers. Verizon doesn't even offer the 10/2 speed we signed for any more, but it's perfectly adequate for my needs. Similarly, I'm fine with the TV package, but the landline can go and will, or you won't have a customer at all.

HuskerFan

ESPN Game Plan -- Do you have it or Not?

by HuskerFan on ‎11-21-2010 06:12 AM

Here's an idea!  The next time you advertise to your customers that you provide ESPN Game Plan and you don't, you may want to post it on your website and on the ESPN Game Plan channel!  What a debacle.  Nabil, the "supervisor" informed me at 7:30 p.m. that it had been down all day and the technicians were working on it.  Really?  How long can it actually take to correct the problem when the live feed to our computer was right there, crystal clear?  Nabil the brain surgeon, said that he'd been checking it every hour.  How good of him.  When he told me there was nothing they could do, there was very little, if any, apologetic tone in his voice.  Quite honestly, Verizon just doesn't care whether their customers are satisfied or not.  We left Cox for Verizon a long time ago for this reason, it could happen again.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools