Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 12-12-2010 - 12-18-2010

0 Votes
susan-tampa

POSH TV - PLEASE ADD

by susan-tampa on ‎12-18-2010 10:46 AM

Please add the new shopping channel POSH TV to the FIOS lineup.  It is presently on Direct TV - Channel 314.  It is a much better jewelry shopping channel than JTV.  I  watch on the internet - PoshTV.com - but it's very annoying. 

ABCMD

Switched from Directv, miss some of their features!

by ABCMD on ‎12-18-2010 08:30 AM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:19 AM by Admin Emeritus

We recently switched from DTV to FIOS, which we overall are very pleased with.

However, DTV had several  features which we really miss, some of which have been mentioned in other posts, which seem like obvious needs:

1) Multiple recorded episodes of a show can be grouped into a folder, sorted by date (optional)...much easier

2) Option to hide duplicate SD channels ...on my high def TV's, I have no need to scroll through the duplicate SD channels, and it is difficult to tell which channels below 500 are duplicates or the only version....

3) For any show/movie...detailed info with bio and pictures of actors/guest stars/directors/producers/cinematographers etc, which is really neat for those interested.

4) Better info on scheduled or recorded shows...

Thanks...

Hope these make it into a future IMG.

Alan

Hard to respond in this site to ideas with multiple parts... #1 - will be available in IMG 1.9, which is in the wild now for a few customers #2 - you can do this today with favorites, but get your point that a one click "hide SD" might be a nice feature addition #3 - future release, but consider that idea accepted #4 - in progress

A nice feature to have would be to automatically go back a few seconds after fast forwarding through a commercial and hitting play.  I constantly have to rewind or hit the replay button when I fast forward through commercials on my DVR so I don't miss the beginning of a show.

You can customize the duration of replay and skip - check out settings and let me know if the values available don't solve your problem?

How may times have you asked for one thing and told the CSR that now I do not want that! Like I told them, "No I do not want free HBO and Cinemax, because I will just need to cancel it, or something in billing will get messed up,and I will get charged". NO I DO NOT WANT IT!!! Guess what just showed on my account

Need a third party verification process on all orders, and also a second secrete password for any account changes.

It should be like when you want to change long distance providers. The FCC forced that and now someone needs to Force Verizon to stop cramming on FiOS accounts! It has been a Very rare, or not a none existant occurance when an order is place and you get what you ask for and nothing else.:smileymad:

Now I must call them, and say remove it, I never asked for it, will not pay a dime for it, and do not want to even see the names on any bill! Yes new hardware was install, new parental controls, seperate purchase pin, and promotions blocked. The second after each box was activated. So If the try to say someone ordered it from a STB, I will say the system is broke or someone is full of it..

jweiland11

SET TOP BOXES

by on ‎12-16-2010 03:29 PM

TVS WITHOUT SET TOP BOXES.

VERIZON FIOS NEEDS TO COME UP WITH A WAY FOR TVS TO WORK WITHOUT A SET TOP FOR EACH TV THAT THEY USE. I WORK WITH SOME PEOPLE THAT HAVE BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS THEY DO NOT WANT TO SWITCH TO VERIZON FIOS BECAUSE A SET TOP BOX IS NEEDED WITH EVERY TV THAT THEY USE. WITH BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS & COMCAST YOU  DO NOT NEED A SET TOP BOX. SOME PEOPLE AT WORK SAY THEY LIKE TO TAKE THEIR TVS OUTSIDE  TO WATCH USING A SPLITTER & CABLE. WHY IS IT THAT WITH VERIZON FIOS YOU NEED A SET TOP BOX WITH EVERY TV YOU USE?

Some cable systems still serve analog video, but that is expected to be reduced over time to fit more content down the network. The FCC required FiOS to remove all analog video, so of course we did... Keep your eyes out for CES news on this topic.

But as a point of order, you'll need a TV that is broadband enabled.. unfortunately old school CRT's that can't connect to the home network still won't play without some other device.

bikeva

Plan length and auto-renew

by bikeva on ‎12-16-2010 10:51 AM

Verizon does not tell you that at the end of your one-year commitment that they automatically auto-renew your contract for another year.  If you call and they make a change, they never tell you that your contract is extended again.  It would be helpful for customers to be informed.

rtg2

new e-mail format

by rtg2 on ‎12-15-2010 09:00 PM

I wish you would go back to the old e-mail format . The current one requires moving advertisements and changing from split pane to single pane for each e-mail in order to have room to see them. Very fustrating !!

0 Votes
Please provide more detail so we can properly route this, thanks.
Gerry

List programs not recorded due to priority

by Gerry on ‎12-15-2010 11:15 AM

Have a first level selection on the DVR called "Not Recorded " or whatever, that lists the programs that were not recorded due to priority. After selecting a program from this list you could select  Play the program On Demand  if available in which case it would switch automatically to On Demand and start playing the program, or Search for a rebroadcast in which case it would give you a listing of rebroadcasts.

DVR "History" is the feature in IMG 1.9, where you can see all activity on the device and what happened. "upcoming episodes" already exists. And in a future version we link On Demand as you suggested. So it is "in progress", "already exists" and "accepted" for your 3 ideas...
0 Votes
FamilyMan

Service and Support

by FamilyMan on ‎12-15-2010 09:22 AM

To the Supervisor of Diane Savage from the Dallas area,

Wow! What a great employee you have on staff.  I would like to share the conversation I had with Diane today.  I started out by telling her that I was laid off from work after 13 years of service.  I told her that this Christmas was going to be hard on my family.  I told her I needed to cut expenses and I needed her advise.  We talked about cutting services but because my services were bundeled the savings would not  be much.  Soon after, she and her Supervisor came up with a discount schedule that was going help relieve some of the financial pressure.  In these rough economy times, it isgreat that a company as big as Verizon could reach out to a someone like me and help.  Diane understood my situation and she help my family in more ways than she will ever know.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding

FamilyMan

This really isn't an idea for a new product or service, but we love hearing great feedback like this! Thank you, I'll pass this on!
prettieroses

Windows Phone 7 Remote DVR App

by prettieroses on ‎12-14-2010 02:41 PM

I love the ability to schedule a show when away from home (on the PC), but the mobile site is horrible (even though I did use it while out to eat on my WP7 the other night (and it took much longer than it should of)).

I know VZW won't be getting WP7 for another couple of months, but the same is true for the iPhone, yet you've had the iPhone app out for 9 or so months now but it won't be coming to VZW for still another few months.  And Microsoft has set pretty strict requirements for HW vendors, so I would think publishing one now that works for the current WP7 phones, would still work on the VZW WP7 phones in a few months.

Also, being able to delete shows from a mobile device as well as have the ability to register more than 1 phone (even though I'm the only one in my household).

Thanks.

We invested in WinMo 6.5 app and it got little to no use. If we see volumes of WinMo 7 across all carriers grow and turn the market share trajectory around... then we will definitely add... for now the focus is on Android, iOS and some RIM devices, because of how many customers have those devices. Sorry this approach is based on pure economics... cost money to develop and we need enough people to use it to get a return on the investment.
Gerry

Go directly to the highlighted program

by Gerry on ‎12-14-2010 02:20 PM

When in the View Schedule menu in the DVR it would be great that if you selected a program and hit the Guide button it would bring you to that program in the guide.

Interesting one to put on the list... but higher priority for me is the suggestion from nascar...

I often want to look at the episode information (like the name of the episode) of programs that are scheduled to record on the DVR but the Info button doesn't work. I believe that the only way to get the information now is the find the program in the guide.

fair enough...
0 Votes
cleve_marsh

Advertising Verizon

by cleve_marsh on ‎12-14-2010 08:42 AM

Well with all the new hype about advertising with tattoos I think Verizon would be a great company to be involved with this idea and as a Verizon Wireless customer I would love to be a part of it

0 Votes
eglet

simplify channel lineup

by eglet on ‎12-14-2010 05:57 AM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:27 AM by Admin Emeritus

somebody from verizon should look over the channel line up. it is waaayyy too confusing... just put non hd channels together, all hd channels together so you wont have to go searching in the 400's, 500's or 600's for your hd program lineup for regular channels... time warner had all regular channels together (i.e. 2, 5, 7 etc) then hd channels together (702, 705, 707). that was way easier...

The channels are currently grouped by genre - all the sports channels are together... all the movie channels are together. What I would really like to do is let you pick your own channel assignments... then everyone's preference can be covered.
scotmansr

Senior/Low Income Discount

by scotmansr on ‎12-13-2010 10:32 AM

This may not be a new question but here goes. Recently we tried to take advantage of a Triple Play Package on line priced at $74.99 for one year. We asked of the price after the introductory one year agreement and it jumped to over $105. Now being retired on a fixed income we do not see income increasing . So now we're stuck with slow internet speed and only 60 chanells on tv.  What's the story?

This is an account specific issue, so I recommend you contact Verizon directly. Here are links with all means to contact Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/. The Chat link will load after the page is fully loaded.
sansid

Start over

by sansid on ‎12-13-2010 09:52 AM

Why doesn't verizon have a start program over feature?  This feature is really nice if a program has started and you missed the beginning ot it.

We are adding a link from the live show if that show is also available on demand... but we are primarily focused on just making it all available on demand on any screen... making Start Over a bit limited in scope compared to everything on demand on any screen... 2011 should be very interesting on this front...
ktm1977

STB Clock

by ktm1977 on ‎12-12-2010 05:44 PM

Can you make the colon on the STB display clock stop blinking?  It's distracting.

Hear you... but on the to do list have to put this lower than some of the other items

I would like the ability to put movies and shows that I have dvr'd, into folders.  I currently have about 6 Christmas movies saved and would like to put them in a "Holiday" folder and put comedies in a "comedy" folder, etc.  This would make scrolling through the saved movies/shows, much easier. 

Tough to implement and still make it usable... next step in IMG 1.9 is folders automatically generated, but enabling a remote control to do what is basically file management is pretty tough... I could see our mobile and tablet remote control apps doing something like this though
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools