Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 12-25-2011 - 12-31-2011

Probably related to the post about not being able to back up after a show ends.

I was watching a show live and had paused the program (so it's recording). So now I'm 15 minutes behind live.
At the scheduled end of the current show, I had two programs set to record. I was prompted to either cancel one of the two scheduled shows or Do Nothing. Since the show I was watching was 'over', I selected "Do Nothing".

At this point, the show I was watching terminated without my being able to watch the last 15 minutes.

Seriously? You don't have a Use Case Test Case for this? Seems like it would happen quite frequently.

What he said. Pause is tied to a tuner. When the tuner gets reallocated, it takes the pause buffer with it. Sounds like we maybe need to update the messaging so that is more obvious...

Provide a method to "order" your favorites so it would be easy to use the channel up/down button on the remote. That way it would be easy to keep an order to your favorite channels although they might not be sequential in the GUIDE. As an example, order NBC (HD), ABC (HD), CBS (HD),  FOX (HD), Local Programming, Sports Channel, PBS, etc. This would be equivalent to an old remote from off the air viewing.

destinysmomm

On-Demand movies

by destinysmomm on ‎12-30-2011 04:44 PM

Will you please add The Sixth Sense (Bruce Willis) to the available on-demand movies? Currently it is only available for purchase as a flex-view, and all I want to do is be able to watch it on my home tv. This movie is over ten years old, and I can't think of any good reason that it shouldn't be available. Please!!!

BigDog1

Program Guide Time Option as "Favorites"

by BigDog1 on ‎12-30-2011 12:13 PM

Verizon hit the mark with FIOS by providing crystal clear reception. The bandwidth provided by F/O technology leaves all others behind.

When it comes to user interface...the program guide in particular...things are somewhat bad. The last iteration of the program guide was terrible! It made the guide hard to read and even introduced an error when going from "all channels" to either favorites 1 or 2. What happens in 1 and 2 is that the current channel being viewed is displaced by a few channels when engaging the program guide. These  need to be fixed as they are very annoying.

The program guide (which is the most used feature by the user) should be simplified and made instantly readable. All the other niceties that were added are Ok but not really necessary.

One feature that should be added and be extremely helpful would be the option to view only programs that start at a given time. For example when searcihng for  movies, only display movies starting at a given time when that time is selected. Seeing all movies including those that started earlier results in a confusing mess. When all I want to see is what started at 8:00 PM, I should be able to only see those that start a 8:00 PM. This could be incorporated as a "Favorite" feature and the All channels option could retain all start times as it is now.

Another feature that would be helpful is if the reminders stayed on for the duration of the selected program. If I am called away for whatever reason when the reminded programs are about to go on, I lose the ability to select  because one is selected for me. It would also be very helpful in the event that I want to be able to toggle between reminders to select a final choice after a quick evaluation of the selections. This requires the reminders to stay on instead of disappearing.

Like I said, your video presentation is excellent but to make the TOTAL FIOS experience exvellent as well needs a bit more work.

Thanks

Hank Gruen

thanks for the great feedback
hwass11

CUNY TV format

by hwass11 on ‎12-30-2011 04:12 AM

I am a fan of CUNY TV (Channel 30). It has artistic programming and movies, and current events that

you will not find anywhere. I realize this will never be a mass market station, but couldn't you take it out of the

community access area and put it in the main area the way your competitors do. It took me months to stumble upon

the channel.

As it is  now there is no listing in the guide for its programming merely a local "programming heading."

Every time I want to watch I have to go to the CUNY website to find out what is playing. It I want to record a movie, I

have to to record in segments. Your competitors have no problem;why should you?

Many thanks.

we'll look into it
0 Votes
SandraT7

FIOS Triple Play

by SandraT7 on ‎12-29-2011 04:02 PM

Hey Verizon....You guys should bring FIOS to Lancaster,PA  and if you you do it'll result with the you guys getting your favorite customer to sign up for the FIOS Triple Play :smileyvery-happy:

njh2oskier

Billing convenience fee!!!!!!

by njh2oskier on ‎12-29-2011 12:34 PM

Are you serious!!! 

You want to charge us for paying our bill?

You better,  

1. hire more people to go back to opening paper payments,

2. hire more people to log the paper payments,

3. pay more to mail my bill because I'll be signing back on to getting paper bills if I have pay postage to mail my payments (just 

to make this whole deal more costly for your company),

4. wait for my bank to cash my paper check before you get my payment.

5. OR fire the genius that came up with this convenience fee plan!!!

Sincerely,

One hot customer

Kt4ever

Free multiroom DVR for life?

by Kt4ever on ‎12-29-2011 07:41 AM
I recently saw an add on TV for FIOS . It offered free multiroom DVRs for LIFE! Why am I paying $19.99 a month for mine? How about rewarding your longtime subscribers with a free DVR for life! My bill is over 200 a month! How about rewarding me!
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets to the proper team within Verizon.
Kt4ever

Activate USB port on FiOS modem

by Kt4ever on ‎12-29-2011 07:36 AM
I would like to be able to hook up my HP Laser printer to the FIOS modem so all the computers in my home could wirelessly use it! I now have an Apple Airport connected to the modem with am Ethernet cable. the airport has a USB port that the printer is connected to. It would be much easier if you would just activate the USB port!

I love sports and from time to time I don't make it home to watch my favorite team. So I go to my iPhone app (DVR Manager) and setup the game to record on my DVR. However the games always seem to run later then the scheduled end time. I want the ability to add time to the recording from my iPhone app. Wait, the FiOS DVR Manager app for the iPhone can't do that. I'm new to FiOS TV and had this feature on DirecTV's iPhone and Android app. I'm still in my 30 day window of FiOS TV and this just might be one of the deal breakers for me to stay with DirecTV.

we have a bunch of requests for this, it is on our radar.
djnzlab1

NEW THREATS TO SERVER SECURITY

by djnzlab1 on ‎12-28-2011 02:16 PM

Dear Verizon,

I was reading a recent article in a Popular Mechanics Magazine, concerning,

hardware manufacturing processes for flashdrives in Asia has some serious threats

being installed in their hardware at the plant when the item is made.

Numerous IT savvy people use flash drives to back-up email, important documents,

and even file cleaners to remove activity on their work systems so they can surf

without leaving a trail on the work PC.

This article describes a process where encrypted spyware exist on the

new flashdrive, that may no be detected by many anti-virus/spyware defensive

systems at the work station.

The way windows software will rapidly install a new flash drive without

allowing the defensive system to scan for danger. This occurs inside the

mainframes . Most firewalls look for instrsuions outside the server, not from

attacks inside there server, even if the purpose is to steal emails and

passwords, this may allow the installed hardware to export copies of your emails

to a third party.

This has allows them access to important bid information of major corporations

that are selling or buying companies .

In a High bid world this allows the hacker to provide this information to

their employers giving them a unfair advantage in the world market.

Maybe in the near future all installed new hardware should be sandboxed by

the current antivirus on the mainframe before allowing windows to decompress

the software provided by the manufacturer of the flash drive (hacker software) this may allow the

antivirus to now see the spyware cookie inside the hardware install as it decompresses.

This information should be forwarded to the government and  antivirus companies and

possibly black list the company trying hack the world internet.

Just a thought, be sure to scan that new usb drive, or flashcard, never install a new

flashdrive at work without secure wiping the  drive and checking for mallware and other nasties

don't assume its clean cause its new, there are numerous nations and hackers trying to

spy into organization and corporate structures.

Imagine how many new flash drives are shoved into mainframes without any worry about

infecting the entire system.

Doug

No1RavensFan

Calendar

by No1RavensFan on ‎12-28-2011 06:11 AM
Please improve the time function for Calendar events. The dropdown list is very awkward. The scrolling feature is slow. Also, it's very easy to mis-click and have to start over. Please consider showing all choices when displaying the times. (By the way, the day feature is fine.)
JuneRose

Caller ID blocking and unblocking calls

by JuneRose on ‎12-28-2011 04:46 AM

Verizon's online description of CallerID says that you can block or unblock "Private" or "Anonymous" callers, but the instructions on how to actually do that do not appear in the online description. At least I couldn't find them. I called Verizon and went through many voice mail menus to get to the answer which is that you dial *77 to block and *87 to unblock such calls. I suggest that you make this information more easily available to customers --both online and also in the telephone book, where I couldn't find it either.

0 Votes
Atk

Bring your service to Ridgecrest, CA.

by Atk ‎12-27-2011 07:23 PM - edited ‎12-27-2011 07:26 PM

Roadrunner and Mediacom are terrible. I would go as far to say that everybody would drop their Mediacom and Roadrunner service just to get FiOS, that's how bad their service really is.

I pay $65/month for 'up-to' 12mbps. (oh believe me they really do exploit this, they know how terrible their service is and they know the limit of their lines but let them overload to the max anyways)

1672428656.png

eLHFae

WFLA /Tampa also on chopping block

by eLHFae on ‎12-27-2011 05:39 PM

I'm guessing that more than just two markets are being threatened with the loss of NBC programming.

All the comments regarding WJAR apply here and I doubt Verizon could survive without NBC and its affiliates.

But PLEASE Verizon, try to settle this contract issue quickly!  As another new Verizon subscriber, I too would have to consider alternatives if this becomes a reality.

Daigor

More Emphasis on Fios Chinese: Cantonese, TVBe

by Daigor on ‎12-27-2011 03:54 PM

Hello Verizon,

I would like to make a suggestion an address the Chinese community regarding the international package. (Fios Chinese: Cantonese, TVBe). The monthly price for this one premium channel is $16.99 which I feel is outrageous considering that the majority of the other international packages come with at least 2 channels. Ex. Chinese (Mandarin) or Filipino. Some of the other international channels feature 2 or more channels and cost less than $16.99/month.

I also would like to mention that this single premium channel is not featured in HD. Charging customers for a single non HD program for $16.99/month is taken advantage of the large diverse Asian community who solely rely on this single channel as a form of entertainment.

My suggestion to Verizon is please add more channels to this package or lower the cost to justify having just one channel in the lineup. Thank you.

zagman76

Guide Suggestion

by zagman76 on ‎12-26-2011 09:15 PM

Hello - I think a great feature for the Guide would be to have the ability to 'jump back' to the channel you are currently on.  This way, if you've scrolled several pages 'down' you could 'jump back' the the current channel, rather than having to scroll all the way back up.  Thanks!

rl22

Thoughts from a new customer

by rl22 on ‎12-26-2011 11:22 AM

Just switched from Time Warner.  Verizon customer service far superior, at a price that is 40% less.  Quick TV suggestions:

The program description that pops up on the bottom on the screen when changing channels is FAR too big.  Should be half as big and only include title and run time of show.  If you want more info, you should be able to hit INFO, not have it take up 1/3rd of screen as a default.

You should be able to set the GUIDE so that when you click it, only the channels you subscribe to pop up.  You shouldn't have to hit OPTIONS to do it everytime.  I know what the thinking is..."If they see a show they don't subscribe to and want the channel, they will call to order it.  Let them see what they are missing."    But for many, it is just annoying to go through channels you can;t get.  if I had the $$$, I would have gotten them already.

Move the News Channels closer to the Sports channels (both in 500's), and follow them up with Lifestyle channels.  I do think Time Warner's channel placement and layout is much more user friendly, and "sensible" than Verizon's. 

prisaz

The grinding mill for recycled electronic components. QIP-6xxx and QIP-2500 hardware.

by on ‎12-26-2011 10:06 AM - last edited on ‎12-26-2011 01:45 PM by Moderator

The 6xxx boxes MUST GO. IMHO they should go to the recycle grinding mill along with all the QIP-2500. That would get them out of circulation! 

Verizon Go Greener campaign? Phase our the oldest hardware QIP-6xxx, QIP-2500, and send them to the electronics recycle grinding mill. After those are gone target the QIP-7xxx that are not Energy Star. Verizon could combine this with their new what ever percent of Energy Star boxes in use that was posted by them on You Tube. I think the percentage is a bit inflated.

Inevitable we will do this in time...
dangolds

Keep WJAR NBC in RI

by dangolds on ‎12-26-2011 06:46 AM
I realize this is likely a negotiating ploy, but I find last night's WJAR announcement that FIOS may be removing the RI NBC affiliate from its package to be unacceptable. I am a recent subscriber to FIOS, having switched over from COX earlier this month. I'm still within my 30 day trial period, and as much as I like FIOS's services and pricing, I can tell you right now there's no way in hell that I'm going to continue subscribing to a service that can't guarantee to broadcast portions of the NFL playoffs, the Olympics, the Stanley Cup playoffs/Finals, Wimbledon and the Super Bowl. If NBC is removed from my programming package, I will have no choice but to switch back to COX until FIOS and WJAR can get their respective acts together. Please resolve this situation immediately, as I'm sure this is not the impression that FIOS was looking to make across a customer base that's generally no more than 1-2 years old (within the RI region) and in some cases even younger, given the limited amount of time that FIOS has been available as an alternative to COX.
0 Votes
anarita01

Payment extension

by anarita01 on ‎12-25-2011 01:18 PM

We should be able to extend our payment date at least once, especially if we've been paying our previous bills on time. Why? Cause if somebody for example, has a due date on oct 12th but they're getting paid on the 15th, that individual should be able to request a change of due date, so they won't have to receive a past-due notice/fee. I know there's a payment arrangement,but that still doesn't allow you to change your date. So not being able to change the due date, makes it even harder on individuals needing the change. Now since that's not able to happen, that customer either has to: cancel their service and pay that late fee on top of that, or pay little by little and that excludes the next bill you're going to receive right after. Now what makes you think people have time to go through all that. Now I know verizon wants to keep their customers, so I seriously think customers should be able to get an extension on their due date. It's not like they don't have a record of our payment history, they do, which means................. they can track everything, so that should already give the representatives a visual of who is able to receive the extension. Now if you've been careless about paying your bill, and are always causing a problem, forget bout it....

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools