Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements

Displaying articles for: 02-12-2012 - 02-18-2012

It would be great if I could see what is scheduled to record on the Multi-Room DVR in my den on the STB in my bedroom. Typically I watch TV in the bedroom at night, and never see that my shows are scheduled to record (even though they are on the Multi-Room DVR) - it would be terrific if I could see what is going to record on the STB guide (for instance, by showing the record icon on the scheduled recordings on my regular STBs).

Grayson Moore

We have seen this request before and agree it is a good idea.
tex_ka95

Deploy new DVR IMG's faster

by tex_ka95 on ‎02-16-2012 12:28 PM

I was looking up issues regarding IMG 1.9 and saw customers complaining about it a year before I got the update myself.  Why do I have to wait a year??!!  It's not like you have 20 different platforms to develop for.  You have two DVR's and maybe 2 different STB models.  Couldn't be much easier.  What do you have like 1 programmer in the whole company?

nascar

Vote against an idea

by on ‎02-16-2012 12:16 PM

As it stands now we can only vote for an idea.  I'd like to be able to vote against the idea.  There may be an idea with 8 votes for but 20 might not like the idea so it should be a -12.

Please add this feature.

What an interesting idea! I'm not sure if it's feasible or not, but I can look into it.
ferdoud

Do not drop Bridges TV Channel

by on ‎02-16-2012 11:36 AM

This channel is dedicated to minority Muslim community and this is the only channel we have dedicated to us so FIOS should not drop this channel!

animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
teal_c

How about providing jobs in the US

by teal_c on ‎02-15-2012 08:04 AM

I recently had an issue with my Internet service and I call tech support.  Not unusual, it happens.  My problem is that I could barely understand the technician and had to call 3 more times to resolve the issue.  Okay that happens too.  So today I get a call to see if my service was working and there were no more issues.  I explained to the person calling that my issues took so long to resolve because the technician had a heavy accent and had asked if there was someone else I could speak too.  I was told there wasn't anyone that I could speak to that spoke english better.   The person explained that if in the future there was this issue that I should ask to be transferred to someone in the US!!!! WHAT?!??!  i could not believe what I was hearing.  I have to ask to be transferred to someone in the United States.  It turns out the person who was calling me was in INDIA!!! I find this incredible that Verizon does this knowing that our unemployment rate is so high and our economy is in the tank.  

So my idea is this.  How about stop farming out tech support to another country because it may save money.  Or whatever reason they might have for providing such a disservice to our country.  The country they are based in and their customers are based in.  If I put in my phone number and its in the North East US then I should be speaking to someone here not 10,000 miles away.  Just a thought.  Maybe I am wrong and maybe I am just a jerk for saying it.  But I don't think so.  I think that all companies should hire people in the country their customers are.  Create jobs for those people who need them and perhaps use those services.  

Okay I will get off my soapbox and shut up now.  Have a great day America.

I know that you can jump to HD if it is available, but how about a set-up option that allows us to scroll through the standard TV list (i.e., the lower channels), and if the show is available in HD AUTOMATICALLY show it in HD.

we'll look at that.
rpmveriz

Marketing

by rpmveriz on ‎02-14-2012 07:33 PM

Here's a great idea. How about you stop spamming my other e-mail address? I have no business relationship with Verizon, don't intend to have one, and will never have one now. Spam! - in this day and age. How low class. Who sold you my address?

Blimpo

Disney Junior

by Blimpo on ‎02-14-2012 10:24 AM

Please add the Disney Junior channel to FIOS channel line up when it comes out in March 2012.

Verizon Launched Disney Jr. in March 2012. If you would like to vote for Disney Jr in HD. Please go here- http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Disney-Junior-HD/idi-p/478571
Terri188

Email follow up after telephone calls

by Terri188 on ‎02-13-2012 07:14 PM

I returned a Verizon cable card in August 2011 because it did not work on my TV.  I have the UPS tracking sheet.  Despite 3 calls and almost 3 hours on the phone I will not get back, I still am being charged 3.99 a month for the card.  Is this just a sneaky way to make more money?  It would be a good idea to follow up with customer with a simple email stating what action will be taken as a result of the call.  When you call, you have no written proof that anything has transpired and it is very frustrating to keep starting at the beginning with each and every call.  I'm exasperated.

Thank you for the suggestion, Terri188. It looks like you will need a Verizon agent to review your account details. One will reach out to you via the private message system, or the email associated with your account.

It seems that Verizon's commitment to provide better internet service to their customers falls short.   In my area Comcast appears to have more consistent speed availability.  I can say this with expertise because I just came off a Comcast plan.

What I mean is that Verizon's internet speed is not consistent at my house.  I have the 30/30 plan but it constantly bogs down.

My suggestion is to have Verizon provide an internet speed tracking meter at every residence that allows one to track service speed on a weekly/monthly basis.  If you pay for 30/30 but on the average you only get 10/20 speeds then your internet service cost is prorated as such.

Now what customer would not be happy with such a plan?

So how many times has the channel Line up been Updated, Modified, Revised now...  And it is still BAD_ VERY BAD. 

Listen up...  What if... Just what if customers had the ability to customize their own TV Guide,  with all the tech today it's possible... It's an easy solution to everyone unique likes and dislikes.. Let's customize like we do our smartphones.  We should be able to list the options that we care for, this will minimize much of the steps and duplicate options listed to get to what you want in a timely fashion without going to the doctor to evaluate how bad your trigger finger has gotten.

Example...  My Menu options would have at the most 3 categories.. DVR, Home Control, My TV ( a feature),  because I fell that there are duplicate categories on the menu screen ( featured on Fios is the same as Hot on Fios, DVR and VOD are similar, Media Manager and Games I feel should be deleted, ( Got a PS3, a Wii or Xbox )

But all these options would be what we would like, not what some computer person came up with and thought that everyone would understand ( How old are your parents / Grandparents?) 

Along with this- what about the remote?  Why does it have to be so big.  Why should the most used buttons be at the top.  Ask yourself, how do you hold the remote?  :smileywink:

thanks for the feedback

Last night at 12:15 right in the middle of a good program, my DVR reboots. OK I get to miss about 5-10 min of the program. I understand at times it is required to force a reboot, but why and when? How about a message that the STB needs rebooting, and let the customer do the reboot after the program?:smileymad:

not sure that was us; sometimes they do reboot on their own. If it was us please accept our apologies.
Roadking10453

FEEDBACK/REWARDS POST CARD SURVEY

by on ‎02-12-2012 03:16 PM - last edited on ‎02-13-2012 05:42 PM by Moderator

So, don't get me wrong here BUT, if a company (ANY company) wants my opinion regarding the purchase of their services and any of my ideas, why would they not also make the return post card postage paid??!? I mean really, I don't mind giving you ideas/opinions but if I'm going to take the time to do so in writing (not via this method), seems to me the least you could do is NOT CHARGE ME POSTAGE for the honor of helping you. My time alone is worth more than the postage.

sheesh...get a clue guys...

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements