Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 02-26-2012 - 03-03-2012

The STBs constantly go into a sleep mode. The only way to get it back is to hit the FIOS button. That is difficult if you are trying to record shows with your Tivo Series 2. There is no way to turn off the sleep mode.

Please let us turn it off. You have a nice DVR, but it really doesn't compete with the Tivo. 

Verizon, give it a test drive. I'm sure you will agree. Tivo is the best. If you'd like, you can swap out your current DVR box for the Tivo.

Thank you!

Steves72camaro

Spam Detector suggestion

by Steves72camaro on ‎03-02-2012 06:48 AM
For the past several months I have received a lot of spam. It shows up every day and ALL of it comes from the .INFO domain. I have marked all of it as spam with little success. I have forwarded all of it to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net. That too has been a futile attempt to stop the spam. My suggestion is to add a user option to the spam detector to flag ALL emails from the .info domain as spam. You can control if detected spam is immediately deleted or sent to a spam folder. If you send it to the spam folder you could review emails to determine if too much is being flagged as spam.
NYIceQueen

SEC TV/Sunshine Network

by NYIceQueen on ‎03-02-2012 01:31 AM

I would like to see Verizon offer SEC TV to everyone.  I'm in NY But from FL and I'm stuck with the Big Ten Network and the LONGHORN NETWORK.  I can understand Big Ten but LONGHORN?  How close are we to Texas up here? 

As big as the SEC is in the sports world you'd think Verizon would find room for it.  Instead we're left with Fox Sports Atlantic and hoping that we can see SEC stuff. 

daforest

Verizon Cable Remote Panoramic Video Camera

by daforest on ‎03-01-2012 07:33 AM - last edited on ‎03-01-2012 03:05 PM by Moderator

Verizon,

I have been a long time customer and openly expressive about how impressed I am with your services. This being said, there are not many times when I will vocalize a concept or idea that I have to your marketing staff, but today, I was lucky enough to have our heavenly father, Jesus Christ, give me the most impressive idea I think you will ever hear. A Verizon Cable remote with an HD Optimized Laser Accurate Panoramic Thermal Video Camera TM. Yes, you read that correctly.

Picture this:

It's late one night, you've been watching a marathon of your favorite television show, Finding Bigfoot, on Animal Planet and you start to doze off. The trouble is, you live in the middle of the city and the living room, where your 21" Flat-Screen Samsung sits, is mere feet from the road and easily visible in the dark of night. "But it's been in this room for years", you whisper to yourself, "Why would someone take it tonight?", you ask. Ofcourse, you give it no more thought and being tired you and decide it's time for bed.

Cut to:

You've gone to bed, but John Doe, from next door has just started his night. You hear some noises coming from downstairs (you live in a two story house) but you blow it off as natural house noises; creaks and thumps are something you're used to having lived in this 70 year old house for over half a decade. An hour passes, you're still sleeping. Good for you. John Doe is in the process of stealing your 21". What now? Oh wait, you have left your cable remote sitting on the column shaped pedestal strategically placed in the middle of the room. Did you do that on purpose? Of course you DID! You're cable remote is a custom built Verzion HD Optimized Laser Accurate Panoramic Thermal Video Camera TM., that lasts 8 months on two double "AA" batteries. You have nothing to worry about. You'll tell the Police that you have video footage of a thief breaking into your house and stealing your 21", and remind them, as you do ever week, that you'll need it back before 7:30PM EST when the new episode of Finding Bigfoot airs.

You've done it again, Verizon. Not only have you provided superior lightning speed internet and first-class cable services, you've saved a man, who has continually neglected his home security system, from losing the only thing that matters in his life. The trust he places in your Verzion HD Optimized Laser Accurate Panoramic Thermal Video Camera TM. has far surpasses any trust he could ever place in another company.

You've outdone yourself Verizon. I think I speak for everyone that uses your services; You're that best in the business and we thank you.

Yenco

Count DVR recording

by on ‎02-29-2012 12:05 PM

I just heard from someone that DVR recording is not counted when Verizon is looking at viewership stats on different channels?!?!  If this is true, it seems completely insane and I strongly suggest Verizon change their system to count DVR recording. DVR's provide a great way for busy people to be able to time-shift programming content they want to watch to a time that is more convienent for them.  There shouldn't be a penalty for that.  If someone likes a show enough to spend the time going through the guide or searching to find it and then hitting record or even setting up to record an entire series, one can resonably assume it is because they intend to actually view that content.  It should most definitely be a factor in how viewership stats are measured or Verizon is getting an incomplete picture and any "popularity" decisions based on that could be entirely wrong.

I think it would be a good idea if Verizon could integrate checking the status of rewards that come with special bundles with our verizon.com accounts that each of us are signed into right now to post to these forums.  The rewards being the pre-paid visa debit cards of various amount for certain bundles, and w/e else is offered in coordination to a special promo.  As it stands Verizon sends out e-mails to select customers with these bundles that include a reward that gives us a special order number and password to check the status of these rewards via the rewards section of the site.  This however is not tied to our My Verizon accounts here on verizon.com, which is frankly frustrating when you accidentally delete your e-mail containing the credentials to check your reward, as there is no way to check it afterward.  The only solution is to call verizons customer support number, and speak to a CSR to have the credentials required to access the status of your reward re-emailed to you.

I pose this idea, because keeping track of the e-mail by not accidentally deleting it seems to be a problem, as some members in the forums here have asked for the status of their gift card rewards they got from corresponding bundles they ordered.

0 Votes
daver924

INSTALL IN EDISON NJ!

by daver924 on ‎02-27-2012 12:31 AM

Verizon needs to look into installing FiOS in Edison, NJ.. Cablevision isn't cutting it anymore! Edison has a higher median household income, which means better credit (prime customers instead of sub-prime), and more $$$ for Verizon

prisaz

Make the Community Search button and dialog box larger.

by ‎02-26-2012 05:19 AM - edited ‎02-26-2012 05:45 AM

Make the Community Search button and dialog box larger. It has always been overwhelmed by the Google Search. Many people may be confused about looking for answers here, and or finding them on the web. Make it larger and more dominant. Perhaps even change it to.

Community

Search

and make the red box larger. With all the discussion regarding people not searching, it could be better if this whole dialog was made larger, and shifted up and to the left a bit.

Search.JPG

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements