• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 02-05-2012 - 02-11-2012

sweaverit

Flex View Packages/Add On

by sweaverit on ‎02-11-2012 07:04 PM

I think there should be an option where you pay so much a month and can rent so many on-demand movies/shows/etc. for that price!  Taxing for each movie on-demand is ridiculous.  Example: Flex View Package allows you to rent 3 on-demand NEW RELEASE movies + 3 on-demand movies (not new release) + 3 on-demand TV-shows PER MONTH for $19.95 + tax. Flex View NEW RELEASE Package allows you to rent 3 NEW RELEASE Movies PER MONTH for $8.95 + tax.  and onward...

0 Votes
rswinson12

Expansion!!!!

by rswinson12 on ‎02-11-2012 06:28 PM

Expand to Amelia, VA we only have one internet provider and people are getting ripped off. I'm paying for Mbps and I'm getting 0.50 most of the time and it has been 2 years and they will not fix it and other people have complained about it and the results are the same. We need better options and availability to choose different providers. More people have internet than they can handle. PLEASE COME HERE!!!!!

0 Votes
artelpinoy

Billing

by artelpinoy on ‎02-11-2012 04:23 PM

Suggest to provide payment section on line when a payment date were entered incorrectly to be changed or cancelled.

And then reentered with the correct or appropriate date prior to due date.

Please advise.

Hello artelpinoy The Idea Exchange is for the posting of suggestions. Yours has been noted. However, if you are looking for input on a specific payment issue that you have, please contact Verizon directly through one of the options available here: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
scarly

Some Ideas for Verizon Management:

by scarly on ‎02-11-2012 12:41 PM

Some Ideas for Verizon Management:

Escalation Procedures should be in Place to Preempt Long Standing Issues: - If a Verizon FIOS customer calls repeatedly (equal to or more than 3x) for the SAME ISSUE, said issue should immediately be escalated and routed to a supervisor. The issue should be handled by the supervisor until the issue is completely resolved. We have had the fortunate experience of working with Supervisor Mr. White (Andover, MA Call Center) who was able to resolve all issues and actually took ownership of the problems.

Customer Memory and Respect: - If a FIOS customer calls and logs several but different complaints (e.g. dropped phone calls, no active phone line, STB activation failures, billing issues, appointment scheduling issues), this again should get flagged by Verizon supervisors. Similar to the escalation procedures, this could be tied to a certain number of complaints over a finite term (e.g. 6 months). This would go a long way with FIOS customers and may be a good learning lesson for support staff

Call Center Routing / Automated Prompts and Interface with Live Support Staff: - Stop asking for the same information multiple times. The automated prompt asks for account information. This same information is requested AGAIN when talking to a live person. If you are transferred, you have to repeat the same information again. This information should be captured 1x and routed directly to support

Valid and Appropriate Billing: - If a customer's bill is greater than or equal to 5X the expected monthly amount, this should be flagged for internal review prior to posting said bill. We received one bill in excess of $600

Customer Experience: - Ensure that all your (call center) support agents are trained and can provide a consistent, thorough level of support. Last week, we placed a phone call to ensure our STB box would be activated. We unfortunately overheard the call center representative speaking directly with technical support (we [the customer] were supposed to be on hold). The call ended up with the technical support rep hanging up on the service center rep. This is not a professional experience and should not be tolerated by Verizon. Local MA Verizon technicians have even commented on poor quality service

0 Votes
Poisyn

Please Bring Internet To My Area!

by Poisyn on ‎02-10-2012 04:31 PM

I just recently moved to an area in western PA where the only internet available is Windstream.

Its horrible. Aboslutely TERRIBLE.

The best download speeds we get are dial up or worse, yet Windstream promises at least 3 meg. We got our service connected on January 31st and have not seen anything close to 3 meg. My parents have had Windstream service for the past 3 years and have told me that they have never seen that speed on their internet.

Windstream is taking advantage of being the only internet service proivder in our area and are treating their customers like crap. I know of at least a dozen people maybe more who would gladly leave Windstream.

Please bring your internet to my area! I know you have cell phone service here. Internet would be nice!

dkhieu88

Modify LOCATE ME feature for home phone

by dkhieu88 on ‎02-09-2012 09:09 AM

Currently, when the LOCATE ME feature is turned on with, say 3 rings, then the home number rings 3 times, then a "THE PERSON is being LOCATED" message comes on, before the so-called located phone number rings.

Is there a way that we can turn off that message. I think the call-forwarding action should be completely seamless. The caller should not need to know that the call is being forwarded.

Appreciate your feedback. We probably would not eliminate the message because most callers are used to calls being answered after 3-5 rings with voice mail or answering machines. With Locate Me, they could hear considerable more rings and hang up without an alert that the system is trying to locate you. You could use Simultaneous Ring so your callers won't hear any kind of message but the ringing cycle would be like they are accustomed to.
Ishkott

Fix your "Dry Loop" Scripts

by Ishkott on ‎02-09-2012 08:49 AM - last edited on ‎02-10-2012 02:24 PM by Moderator

I have Verizon DSL and have experienced two incidents in which I loss my ability to use my POTS line to answer or make calls. That is a "Dry Loop"- in which the ADSL and Voice lines are not bound together - look it up on the Internet. Seriously, because the technicians Verizon has sent to my apartment on both those occasions denied the fact and tried to say my phone cord or telephone itself needed to be replaced. Both times, Verizon technicians troubleshooting my connection remotely insisted the problem was with my equipment - and both times, the problem went away when my setup and killed at the Verizon office and completely restructured.

Now, contracted technicians should never be sent to "fix" a dry loop because they obviously are not aware of the symptom and they can't fix it anyway - the provisioning must be done on Verizon's back end. I assume your in-house technicians use a script to verify connections - and that script has a bug. I've twice loss my Voice line in two years and danced this dance. Fix your script or simply put the elementary puzzle together - 1. Customer has no Voice but phone rings. 2. Customer has functional DSL 3. Customer verifies physical setup in home 4. Re-provision the account.

This saves money and time - and more money because time is money. And send an apology for having screwed-up because it is Verizon's fault (ie stop implying the problem is my fault). Seriously, this is low-hanging fruit - if I'm sent into the Polka again, I'll just leave this dance.

PS - You can also create an online Trouble-shooting Wizard instead a form that automatically summons a helpless Technician to home. Once the "Dry Loop" scenario is specified, the reset connection can then be accomplished automatically.  Stop favoring your pretty and young Wireless and show a little love for your loyal customers. Don't take me for granted, I'm ready to kick you out of bed, you ungrateful ...

{edited for privacy}

onedirtydog

Fax line

by onedirtydog on ‎02-08-2012 02:14 AM - last edited on ‎02-08-2012 02:47 PM by Moderator

As it is now ...your offering as a bundle...FiOS TV, FiOS Internet 15/5, and Verizon Freedom Essentials. Now, since I use my cell for all my communication with the outside world, I don't have any use of the phone line coming into my house but still I pay for that line every month. Oh! So that I don't get all those unwanted phone calls, I don't plug my phone into it. To me it's just a dead phone line coming into my home.

My idea is this, since most printers you buy today come with the capability of using a fax line, why not make your bundle include this as a option instead of a phone line, why not offer a FAX line. I'm pretty sure there are other out there who feel the same way and would love to have FAX line.

{edited for privacy}

The Fios DVR app for motorola xoom should have the same functionality as the iPad app. The android version doesn't support landscape on the xoom, and the remote control doesn't work at all. Also, on the iPad app, you can change channels from the guide. It doesn't work on the xoom. Given the amount of time that's passed, and the amount of money we've invested, it's very surprising to me that we don't have this functionality for the xoom yet.
we are working on improvements to our android apps. because they use different technology than the Apple (iOS) apps, they are on a different timeline.
red

fios digital voice

by on ‎02-07-2012 11:01 AM - last edited on ‎02-07-2012 04:55 PM by Moderator

Verizon should allow fios digital voice customers the capability to initiate a call online through their computers either voice call or video call to do so Verizon should work with skype skype is a paid phone service it offers free video calls but does not offer free computer voice calls which I find extremely more important this is an idea for later down the line its just a suggestion.:smileywink: thank you for reading this.

Thanks for the suggestion. in the meantime you can initiate a call back from your FiOS Digital Voice missed call log or phone book on your web Account Manager, but the call will be placed using your phone line.
Pooleside

Playing fair

by Pooleside on ‎02-06-2012 05:43 PM

I've just cancelled my DSL after years of reliable service, for which I was happy to pay.  You see, I've moved, and the package deal for the cable modem at the new place was much better.

Having cancelled my service, and paying what I thought was my final bill, I got billed for an "early cancellation" fee a month later.  An early cancellation fee on a land-line DSL.

Now, this is total bull.  Oh, I've paid, only because otherwise you will attempt to destroy my credit rating, but if your service is so crappy that you must threaten to charge customers for actually NOT using you, then you've got a problem somewhere.

So, my idea is, drop the cancellation fee.  Simple good will.

Thanks

red

Tv online

by on ‎02-06-2012 02:14 PM - last edited on ‎02-06-2012 04:49 PM by Moderator

Verizon needs to get movie plex online since movie plex combines retro plex and indi plex this would be a great addition to the current TV online premium channels retro plex brings back classic movies from the 70's and 80's as well as other classic era's and indi plex is great for watching independent movies Verizon also needs to get the movie channel online for the newest and latest action and sci fi movies ifc online for indpendent movies and TV shows flix TV online sundance online and at some point Disney family movies online along with some more sports TV online content NFL redzone online BTN 2 go online MLB online MHL online PGA golf online and more online TV shows like Disney bio history abc etc. Just some suggestions thank you for your time.

tropicalgal

Image Resizer

by on ‎02-06-2012 06:20 AM

It would be a great feature if Verizon Webmail would give the option to  

resize a image within the email such as other even free webmail AOL does.

The ability to reduce multiple images sending content would greatly benifit all.   

So I went to the HP section in My Perks, looking for ink. If I were to buy 1 each of the color cartridges, it would come to nearly $40. The same 3 cartridges at BJs are $32.

Some perk. Why is Verizon trying to cost me more money than a retail store?

Like many families, we have many devices wirelessly connecting to our FIOS router.  We have 2 iPhones, iTouch, Wii, Xbox, DSi. 

I would like to divide these up into Adult and Child access, with the ability to set time of day limits on the Child connection.

Adult connection: Has its own wireless access code, not printed on the router.  This one is available 24x7 for the PC, iPhones, and is used by FIOS TV and Phone.

Child connection: The wireless access code is the one printed on the router.  This one defaults to 24x7 but is passcode protected and the administrator can set a grid of which times this connection is on / off.  My grid might look like this:

(Part 1 - Mark School Days on Calendar)

This allows for "Weekend" settings on holidays or Spring / Summer break, etc., without parental intervention.

(Part 2 - Set Access TImes)

Nights before school: Off at 10pm.

School days: Off until 6pm.

Weekend (Fri 6pm - Sun afternoon, because Sun night becomes "Before School") Allow until midnight, then off until 7am.

With our current setup, we have to do one of the following:

(a) Turn off router at midnight - but teenager knows how to turn it back on.

(b) Stay up until midnight, and take the controllers and iTouch away at that time.

We looked into XBOX settings, and they limit number of hours per day or week, but not time of day.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements