Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 03-18-2012 - 03-24-2012

meeseman

Email price changes on billing

by meeseman on ‎03-24-2012 02:06 PM

I just got surprised when my promotional price ended on my bundle.  Since consumers lead busy lives, it would be nice if Verizon emailed us the month before a price increase so we are prepared for it.  Getting hit between the eyes unexpectedly does not lead to greater customer satisfaction.  The consumer should be given options as to whether they want to continue the current package or negotiate dropping channels, etc to stay within a budget.

A simple email that states -  Don't forget!  Your bundle special ends in 30 days.  Please call Verizon if you want to change, upgrade or modify your current account.

That is what customer service is all about.

Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure this gets seen by the proper team within Verizon!

Verizon, I feel like you're wasting my time with this nonsense.  I switched over to paper free billing and all I did was move from using Verizon's Bill Pay Vendor to paying my Verizon bill on line through my bank.  As a result of that, I automatically got removed from paper free billing.  I received a paper bill in the mail and I had to register for paper free billing all over again and for what reason?  This is fairly minor but if you ask me, that's dumb!  What does Verizon care if I pay my bill with Verizon's vendor or through my bank, as long as I am paying my bills on time?  I never heard of such a thing and none of my other vendors do this.  That's just a lack of common sense with customer service.  Can't that part of the system be fixed so it doesn't keep happening?

I shouldn't even be taken off paper billing unless I choose that myself.  Here I am doing my part to help the environment and to make my bill payments cheaper and more efficient and I get penalized just because I no longer want to use Verizon's Bill Pay vendor? 

And mind you, I keep emailing Verizon's customer service back and forth about this asking if I'm going to be thrown off paper free billing again and if I have to keep re-registering for that and nobody there can give me an answer.  I'm about to give up on that because it's a useless conversation that goes in circles.  All I get are these empty apologies for the inconvenience which don't mean anything if I can't even get a direct answer to a simple question.

I'm sorry for your frustrations! I'll make sure this gets brought to the attention of the proper team within Verizon.
sirauron

Please bring Fios to west philly ASAP

by sirauron on ‎03-23-2012 01:16 PM - last edited on ‎03-23-2012 05:45 PM by Moderator

I am a comcast user and had it for 47 days and dont like it, I wanted FIOS and it isnt in my area and I would like to know when will it be in the West philadelphia area. Is their some kind of estamated date or year or somethin any kind of info for west philly would be good. I know its in south philly but thats about it. West Philly needs FIOS ASAP!!!! I am hoping in the late 2012 year or early  2013!!

8of12

Mark Phone Numbers as SPAM

by 8of12 on ‎03-23-2012 03:31 AM

I;d like the ability to log in to my Verizon account to look at the phone numbers from which I have received calls and  to mark calls from telemarketers as SPAM. Future calls from those same numbers would be sent to a special SPAM voice mailbox or hear a recording that I no longer am willing to receive calls from those numbers. Most importantly: phone calls from those numbers would never ring on my home phone (or wireless) again.

We don't currently have the technical capability to do this and do not anticipate doing in the future. You can use your Call Block feature to block calls but typically telemarketers use multiple numbers and it's impossible to block all of them. You might want to consider registering for the national Do Not Call list. I found that greatly reduced telemarketing calls and I tell any that get through to put me on their DNC list. I believe that charities and politicians are exempt from the list but it does greatly reduce the number of calls.
cawall

My FIOS App

by cawall on ‎03-22-2012 07:08 PM
Love the new My Fios App but can't believe you left out the option to pick a date & time in the TV listings that was in the My DVR app  It only has jump to channel. Please put the calendar back in.
Thanks for your feedback! I'll make sure your suggestion gets seen by the proper team within Verizon.
Torch64

A better front page

by Torch64 on ‎03-22-2012 12:30 PM

There are a lot of things to choose from when setting up your home page for Verizon, which is a good thing, but why make me look at verizon perks, when I don't want too?  Everytime I remove it from my front page, it comes back again.  Or how about an email box that does not take up the first quarter of the page?  Or how about getting rid of the advertisements that are there, and letting me add the things I like to my home page?  Sometimes when I place something in a column it never shows up, how about fixing those bugs? How about getting rid of the community column, it is a waste of space for me.

I have also had the same news on my front page for two days now, did nothing happen in the world?  I think not........

I have to say I am a recent subscriber to FIOS coming off of comcast.  Yes it is a lot cheaper, but comcasts home page, has a way better set up then verizon, and I do miss it. 

I'm sorry you don't like the My Verizon site. I'll make sure you're suggestions are seen by the proper team within Verizon.
Gee_60

Account Overview

by Gee_60 on ‎03-21-2012 09:15 AM

I would love it if when I sign in my account overeview would inform me if I have payment scheduled for a future date.

Then I wouldn't have to look for it.

Thanks for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets to the proper team within Verizon.
Erin32

Make Customer service better.

by Erin32 on ‎03-21-2012 06:00 AM

Yah, thats all I have to say.  Actually give a water blockage device about things we have to say. Also, when a customer needs help dont just send me to the unhelpful online agent. Nothing on this website has helped me in anyway shape or form. I am still haveing the same problems that I had when I  signed up and I still haven't heard a thing back from verizon.

I'm sorry for your frustrations. If there is anything specific I can help you with, please feel free to send me a Private Message or create a thread on the Forums.

The pop-up asking if I want English or Spanish every single time I log in is ridiculous. You should be able to detect the language settings on my browser. If I wanted Spanish, then my browser would be set to Spanish. Please remove this, it is extremely annoying and unnecessary.

Thanks!

Please make the TV Central website much cleaner and easier to use.  If you look at what Comcast has for their Xfinity offering, it's cleaner, easier to search, and fast, with out all of the heavy Java interfaces.

Also, please fix the constant remote DVR issues.  I feel that it's a constant problem, and you should have a system in place to cache commands, so if the STB is not functioning at the moment, usually due to communication issues, cache the commands, so when the STB is back online, it recieves all of the commands that were issues, such as setting recording series.

can you tell us more about your remote DVR issues? We are getting reports of some customers having issues but have not been able to replicate it. If you could DM me with your account #, a contact #, and some details of what issuwes you are seeing it would be most helpful.
Steves72camaro

Email whitelist

by Steves72camaro on ‎03-19-2012 11:32 AM
The Spam system needs a user controlled white list feature. Too much legitimate email is getting caught and flagged as spam. And, marking the email as "not spam" does not seem to help. Please add a user configured white list feature.
1133club

Weird'o @ the front door!

by 1133club on ‎03-19-2012 07:06 AM

All kinds of weirdo's are knocking on our door these days, some legitimate, many others just checking to see if anyone is home. If no answer they may find it easy to enter and burglarize. If you answer they use various identities like from the water company, the fire department there to inspect some fictitious non-existent problem. They use various reasons to distract you, or to convince you to go into another room to test a water faucet, light fixture, smoke alarm, or in our case to lure us outside and around back with some sort of property line clarification for a fence a neighbor was supposed to be installing. We unknowingly went out back but quickly got wise that the lure was to get us away from the front door so his accomplice could could enter our house while we were distracted. It didn't work this time, thankfully.

I would like a FIOS channel with big loud barking dogs where I, and others alone, seniors, etc. could switch to when anyone knocks on our front door. We could leave the channel on until we crack the door open a bit to identify who the person is. This idea would certainly scare the hell out of anyone knocking and provide a good sense of security for the home owner. I would put an extra speaker close to the door just to amplify the effect.  

Let's do it Verizon!

PatA

Viewing Free On Demand from My Verizon TV

by PatA on ‎03-18-2012 10:17 AM

When I set up the DVR to record from MyVerizon online, sometimes I have a scheduling conflict.  It would be nice to see if one of the conflicting programs is on "Free On Demand".  This way I can make an informed choice on which show to cancel if there are more that 2 shows that I want to record.

This is a repeat of an idea we've seen before. We like the idea and will see what we can do.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools