• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements

Displaying articles for: 03-25-2012 - 03-31-2012

onekulemom

Who thought of this??

by onekulemom on ‎03-31-2012 04:58 PM

Everytime I get something from Verizon, I wonder if the marketing department has thought things through before they do it.  I get a postcard today in the mail asking for my opinion of my verizon service.   After I fill out the postcard, it then says to affix stamp before mailing.  

You want someone's opinion, but then you ask them to pay for it....   I am not sure what marketing genius thought of this survey.  Not sure who would even pay for the stamp.

janeen

Please put Bounce TV on FIOSTV in Maryland. Thank you.

by janeen on ‎03-31-2012 02:03 PM - last edited on ‎03-31-2012 03:42 PM by Moderator

Please put Bounce TV on FIOSTV in Maryland.  Thank you.

I love my fios service on TV and for Internet access, but Comcast Xfinity actually blows Verizon away when it comes to access to flexible access to content. As a Comcast subscriber, I was able to acces all my subscribed shows and channels through a single Xfinity app For FREE from my iPad and PC. With Verizon, I get access to a few channel individually, and would need to pay for each show/movie individually, even as a TV subscriber to the same content, with the Flexview service. It is absolutely terrible and I may actually flip back to Comcast as a result. Verizon, please update your mobile/internet TV content services to be competitive with Comcast!
0 Votes

somebody is using a tracking device to watch me on my desktop pc !they change my password accounts all the time ! verizon need a device to stop this a security rundll.exe securirty virus was puy on my desktop pc.when i first got my dsl router box no verizon security was download on my desktop pc !this security rundll.exe trojan had took over my pc! i use norton security it destroy the trojan security virus !i am using an open wireless internet now no verizon dsl for it verizon security suite was never no good

I have a synology networked hard drive and would like to get the TV receiver media player to recognize my music and play it over the TV.

mikehhhh

More flexibility in building bundles.

by mikehhhh on ‎03-30-2012 05:44 PM

Hello,

I have some suggesions in allowing customers more flexibility in building bundles.  I have just finished my 2 year contract, and I've been into the tool to build a new bundle about 5 times now.  

I want to drop or downgrade FIOS TV and upgrade my Internet and keep the digial freedom plan ( or some similar phone plan ).  Frankly because most TV programming just doesn't interest me anymore.  I watch almost everything now on DVD, or by streaming over the internet via Netflix, Vudu, or iTunes.

I have been in the build a bundle tool several times.  I can not figure out how to remove FIOS TV.  It seems there is no way I could find in the tool to downgrade to Double Play from Triple play.  In the FAQ, it says you can remove services, but I can't figure out how to do it.  A FIO's TV plan is always there.

Also, it seems I keep getting put into selecting a contract.  I've done a 2 year contract.  At this point, wouldn't it be better to offer customers month to month flexibility?  I mean, if the FIO's line is in an the main network interface box is already installed then why force long term customers like me to get into another contract?

Thanks,

Mike

Photoflash

Archaic login pages on Verizon.com

by Photoflash on ‎03-30-2012 03:16 PM

Jeepers... why is necessary to hit the Verizon.com landing page, login there, and then proceed to log in at least four more times to get to this page?????

This has been a problem for years.  What is your solution?

Thanks,  Photoflash

You need to go back to school on the web application. I tried for a long time to work through finding a way to make a change on my account and the website is so busy trying to sell me something that I couldn't get my issues resolved. You should have a stripped down version just for customers and another for potential customers.  BTW, I just found a great antenna for my TV so I cancelled FIOS. It has been a month and I have been fine - Netflix is amazing!  and the Redbox DVD's?  Such a Deal! 

nealz

Mute sound at Pause Timeout.

by nealz on ‎03-29-2012 05:40 PM

The biggest issue I have with the pause feature is when it timeouts on the pause is it goes to Live TV with Fully Sound on.  

Can the timeout at least go to a timeout screen for user to confirm and or go to live TV with sound Muted?

ShazamFTW

Making FIOS available for Xbox by itself.

by ShazamFTW on ‎03-29-2012 06:29 AM

So, long story short. I don't have a cable service right now. I don't watch enough TV to support it frankly. What I do have is a Hulu Plus account that streams through my XBox, and that does me just fine. But, I would like something better if it became available.

So I looked at FIOS, and I liked what I saw, but since I live in West Des Moines, the service as a whole isn't available. I really wouldn't want the whole package, I'd just like what's available through the XBox portion.

Have you folks considered putting together a small package that would be available just for XBox customers with no other aspects? (no home box or anything) Because I can't warrant dropping $80 a month for it when I could just go get cable if that's what I really wanted. Something like $20 / month for Xbox access would be perfect, but it doesn't appear that option exists.

Just a thought.

ej1

password option within ur email acct

by ej1 on ‎03-29-2012 04:58 AM

I feel there should be a password option within ur email account to gain access to ur sub folders that you choose to create. so if your email account is accessed by someone other than urself the information that you stored in ur folders is still secure by a different password or the option to use  a different password on each folder created

Fios already has channel 461, WUSA-TV Washington DC Live Dippler 9000 HD, but channel 461 is not a HD channel.

The WUSA-TV Washington DC Live Dippler 9000 HD source is a high definition channel.  I suggest adding a HD version of the channel that is available to all Fios TV subscribers with HD capability.

Thank you

rg3637

Channel Guide

by rg3637 on ‎03-28-2012 10:41 AM

Channel Guide should be sortable by channel NAME as well as by channel NUMBER.

Also, Channel Guide should be able to be ZOOMED so it can be seen by those of us who are near-sighted.

HUDAHARMAR

Spam Filter

by HUDAHARMAR on ‎03-28-2012 08:51 AM

How about fixing the spam filter so that when I turn it off it is actually off? Also, how about worrying more about my incoming spam and stop rejecting the same email i try to forward as spam? Your system needs lots of work. I see a new provider in my future.

If you're having an issue with your Spam filter, may I suggest posting it on the Forums to see if one of your peers can help you out? If they can't a Verizon rep may be able to.

This does not speak for the wireless service, but for its crap DSL (so called high speed internet) service.  First of all, VZ incorrectly charged me and I called in to get it fixed and explained.   The first lady was absolutely rude and her tone of her voice was unacceptable.  It was not like I was yelling at her or anything like that, I just explained the situation and she went on a rant and hung up on me in the middle of my conversation.  This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE as a customer service rep. This **bleep** me off, so I called again looking for the supervisor and the second lady was nice, but she placed me on hold for 30 minutes! This was again TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!  I just hung up and was so upset and irritated that I had to write this somewhere.  VZ has to do a better job of training its staff and customer service.   How dare they do this to a paying customer (former paying customer)?  

I am definitely going to call again when I find the time and my time is not easily available, causing me more anger for even writing this.  Hope this message gets things stirring at that organization.

P.S VZ's high speed internet is a joke, slow and unreliable, and charged me three times in one month for changes that I did not agreed to and made.  That to me is a crook.  

Hoping for a change

I'm so sorry for your experience- how frustrating! May I suggest posting on our forums with your billing issue? One of our reps there may be able to help you. Best of luck getting your issue resolved!
sneezer

fios TV SERVICE PROBLEMS ANNOUNCEMENTS

by sneezer on ‎03-26-2012 06:16 PM

The current outage of HD serivce (without  subscriber notices ) in the Northeast is a watershed moment for Verizon. They have failed miserably and unless their management does a root cause analysis of what went wrong and how they responded to their customers - then they should all be replaced. Other subscribers have remarked how a simple announcement on the phone or a blast email to its customers or a trailer on the TV channels announcing the problem would have saved thousands of calls and wasted minutes and frustration. That is simple public utility 101 communication basics.

Futhermore, this outage has proven how not user friendly their instructions to subscribers are. The phone tree announcement  tells subscribers if you are missing channels above channel 49, use your controller to find "Home Agent"" and resolve the problem. I would like a any Verizon staffter who isnot a "techy" to know where to find that. It is buried at the bottom of the option list when one hits menu.

I have always been a champion of Verizon for its wireless service and tech support for Internet FIOS issues. But this experience has so turned me off , I no longer can recommend FIOS. As said, the complete public relations disaster of how they have handled this should be a wake up call to Verizon that they have a serious problem in customer relations . It is unfortunate since the product is so good. But, in this day an age, technical product prowess is worthless if it is not packed by equivalent support. Verizon - you failed. Be ashamed.

I'm sorry for the frustration this situation has caused. We're looking into what happened and will take your suggestions for better communication under advisement.

The Kids Unlimited On Demand Channel used to feature great short shows produced by Scholastic.   They were removed without explanation.  Can we get these Scholastic shows to be part of the offering again?

Also, the channel also had a series called St. Bears Doll's Hospital.  It also vanished.   Please bring it back.  I know at least one six year old who would be thrilled.

Thank you

we'll make sure the programming team is aware of your request.
lindzryann

worst customer service ever

by lindzryann on ‎03-26-2012 04:48 PM

With any issue i ever have with Verizon it is always a 4 hour process to get anything resolved. I always get transferred to the wrong person who cant seem to help me and have even gotten hung up on before. These employees really need to be trained better or screened better before hired. The amount of money i pay to this company it is ridiculous how incompetent these people are. There needs to be a different way to resolve problems rather than be given wrong phone numbers, transferred wrong or be put on hold for hours at a time! I am a very dissappointed customer and am looking for alternate cable and internet options.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your issues resolved! May I suggest posting your question or issues on our forums (forums.verizon.com) to see if one of our other customers can help you? If they can't, perhaps a support agent there can.
mpoter187

Resolve DVR scheduling issues

by mpoter187 on ‎03-26-2012 03:04 PM

I have had a DVR for just over a year and there a few issues with the scheduling, here are some suggestions to get the service working correctly.

1. Fix the timing of the schedules seems like on every recording I have to add time to the end to miss the end.  Not a big deal until you have recordings on different channels after that and it skips recordings.  I have read that you get the listings from a third party maybe get with them or tweak the settings so the program starts at the scheduled time.

2. Have the DVR not consider two consequtive recordings on the same channel different recordings, just change the recording.  Alll too ofter I have recorded consecutive shows on the same channel and the scheduler will skip one since there is another show recording on the other channel.  The work around I have found is to extend the initial recording by 90 minutes to get all of the show afterwords.

3. Lastly if a show is being skipped due to two other shows recording, have the DVR look for a reair of the skipped show and automatically record that.  For example at 10PM the scheduler wants to record 3 shows x, y and Z.  Since the dvr is limited to 2 recordings at time,  and program Y is being reaired at 1AM the DVR should record X and Z at 10PM and Y and 1AM, or even if it is being repeated on another day record that.  Yes I know you can set it to record repeats but allot of times that will record abunch of unwanted episodes, or cause conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

1. Fix the timing of the schedules seems like on every recording I have to add time to the end to miss the end. Not a big deal until you have recordings on different channels after that and it skips recordings. I have read that you get the listings from a third party maybe get with them or tweak the settings so the program starts at the scheduled time.

The schedules provided are aggregated by our partner but originate from the broadcasters. There is no way to make them temporally more accurate.

2. Have the DVR not consider two consequtive recordings on the same channel different recordings, just change the recording. Alll too ofter I have recorded consecutive shows on the same channel and the scheduler will skip one since there is another show recording on the other channel. The work around I have found is to extend the initial recording by 90 minutes to get all of the show afterwords.

Interesting. We'll look into that

3. Lastly if a show is being skipped due to two other shows recording, have the DVR look for a reair of the skipped show and automatically record that. For example at 10PM the scheduler wants to record 3 shows x, y and Z. Since the dvr is limited to 2 recordings at time, and program Y is being reaired at 1AM the DVR should record X and Z at 10PM and Y and 1AM, or even if it is being repeated on another day record that. Yes I know you can set it to record repeats but allot of times that will record abunch of unwanted episodes, or cause conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

we have discussed offering alternate times when you bump a recording due to conflicts. we'll look at that as well.

I just lost a bunch of e-mail by deleting a sub-account.  One reason is that only part of the warning that is supposed to pop up showed or I would waited.  Now the deed is irrevocable.

One's options for sub-accounts seem to be limited to changing the password and the very drastic option of deleting the account.  Could'nt there be a middle stage where the account was just made dormant  but still accessible by the holder while trying to get it cleaned up?  Thanks, Grumppa

Ugh..so sorry you lost all your emails. I'll make sure your suggestion gets seen by the proper team within Verizon.
mhipsman

easier way to reset STB

by mhipsman on ‎03-25-2012 05:37 PM

Due to a few issues I am constantly having  1. STB does not respond to any remote control  actions  2. channels remap themselves so they are not  where they are supposed to be.  I need to reset my stb.  pulling out the AC power cord is a pain because of where the boxes are located. and  going thru the menus on the website are a pain in the **bleep**. Why cant we have a 3 button salute on the remote similar to  Ctrl-alt-delete on a computer

Jacksmom

Announcing a problem

by Jacksmom on ‎03-25-2012 07:19 AM

Why isn't there a way to announce/inform customers of a problem without calling customer service?  For example, all my channels, except for the 5 national broadcast channels, were coming up with the message that I wasn't "subcribed" to that particular channel.  I was informed by a tech (after a 48 minute hold) that this problem was affecting approximately 360,000 Pennsylvania customers!  It should be resolved in about 10 hrs.  It has now been 16 hrs!

I am wondering why a recorded message announcing such a major problem could not have been put  on the phone line instead of wasting a customer's time listening to 48 minutes of music??  Or a message on the TV identifying the actual problem and it's scope and duration estimate?

My electric company announces the problem and expected duration in a recording when you call in to report an outage and it's done by entering or verifying your phone number.....Why can't Verizon?

Additionally, Verizon in Home was useless....couldn't get on, "Try again Later".

I'm sorry for your frustrations and we appreciate your suggestions! I'll make sure they are seen by the proper team within Verizon.
cdtterm

Update your website

by cdtterm on ‎03-25-2012 06:28 AM

So I suscribe to one of the faster FIOS internet packages (25Mbs), and there are some websites that load a lot faster than my old DSL (1Mbs) service.  With my old DSL account, ther Verizon homepage/account settings took forver to load compared to other web sites.

With the FIOS internet service, my download times for the Verizon website STILL have not improved.  I DREAD anytime that I have to log-into my account to review my account settings/update my services/pay my bills.  I would rather watch paint dry or my grass grow than to go to the VERIZON HOMEPAGE.

Please consider updating/revamping your website/servers to allow customers to access their accounts in less than 30 minutes!!!!

Sorry you're having a hard time with the Verizon website! Please take a look at the suggestion in the comments and create a post on the Forums (forums.verizon.com) for further help.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements