• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 03-06-2011 - 03-12-2011

bbrown9

Get VOD on a tivo

by bbrown9 on ‎03-12-2011 09:15 PM

I would really like to be able to order VOD to view on my TiVo with cable card. The Tivo is internet connected and it should be able to request the VOD via internet and have the content delivered either over internet or via the cable card.

Alternatively, I could live with ordering the content via my PC for display on my tivo.

There are some business circumstances with Tivo that prevent this any time soon... but we are working on a decent number of other devices you can buy at retail that could replace devices from Verizon.
0 Votes
MMEERAN

peace tv

by MMEERAN on ‎03-12-2011 11:41 AM

Please add peace tv in FIOS network

prisaz

Removing Verizon Software. Make the un install actually un install.

by ‎03-12-2011 10:12 AM - edited ‎03-12-2011 10:13 AM

All Verizon software leaves many items behind and actually still running after removing the product. Clean up your uninstall code so it does not leave so much trash on the system. Not to mention dlls and active code after you have removed the software.

TFC531

FIOS TV CHANNEL GUIDE

by TFC531 on ‎03-11-2011 01:04 PM

Latest Verizon Spot light magazine shows a peek at the future Fios TV channel guide. I have to say it looks like a horrible change. Verizon developers just don't get it when it comes to the channel guide. Customers want a channel guide that allows you to see just general listings by channel and time slot. The current channel guide just needs to get rid of the obstructive detail window in the middle of the screen. The way it should be is when the customer wants to see the detail of a show, they can select it and press the OK button.

Also, Verizon needs to sort the HD and standard channels so that the HD version of a channel is the next position up from the standard def channel. Having the standard def channels and the HD def channels so far apart on the channel numbers is very annoying.

If you want a perfect live example of the way the channel lineup and guide should be, take a look at Directv's setup. The hit the mark as far as I am concerned.

I have come to learn there is no one right answer... and so as we release new versions we'll just more and more views against the same data set. IMG 1.9 added one new way to slice and dice the data, which bring us to 4 different options. We'll just add even more in upcoming releases.. that's the power of FiOS.
minsk74

Add NTV to the Russian Package

by minsk74 on ‎03-11-2011 08:30 AM

Only South Brooklyn Russian Population is about 700,000 people. I would say 90% of them are using Cablevision and they are skeptical switching because FIOS has only 2 RUSSIAN channels vs.. 4 at Cablevision. You can win all Russian customers if you offer a similar Russian package or add at least NTV channel which is very popular in Russian community.

I've called Verizon tech support  on 4 separate occassions over the 2 months that I've been a customer trying to resolve this or that on e-mailing and downed phone lines.  Here's the problem, the representative asks for an alternative number to call you back on - like the one I'm using isn't good enough.  Then when the problem isn't solvable by their scripted solutions they disconnect and never call you back.  At first, as we were having a phone line issue, I thought it was coincidence and now I'm convinced that if they can't solve the problem and aren't willing to do anything more than read their screen they disconnect and NEVER call back.   But wait...didn't you tell me you'd call me back if we got disconnected????

I'm going to try again tomorrow and if I'm met with the same rude behavior then I'm done with Verizon.

In short my idea is this... actually pay for people who know what they are doing and know how to own a problem and see it through to solution.  I've used Verizon on and off for a decade and this is the one thing that has remained constant.

Krayz, did your phone issue get resolved, If you are still experiencing issues,, Please send me your Account information so we can have a supervisor review

Dearest Verizon FiOS gurus, gods, et al, so here is a question I'm sure cannot be new to you; With the advent of smart phones with wifi, Apple's iPhone & iPad (2) with wifi (are you following the theme here?), Blackberry's with wifi, etc, how does one, such as I, a loyal FiOS subscriber, get such devices to work on the included Verizon Wi-Fi for FiOS internet hotSpots???? Are/will there be apps for such devices which would authenticate you to the FiOS Wi-Fi HotSpots??????

It would be great if Verizon could answer the competition with "yup, there's an app for that" Would love to get my new iPad2 (when I get it) to be able to use the Verizon WI-FI HotSpots all over the country with a Verizon provided app to authenticate myself as a valid user and be able to surf the net while at my favorite, albeit overpriced coffee Shoppe :smileyhappy:

There are no plans at this time to add Apple products to the Wi-Fi service
smartcheeta

HD Programming

by smartcheeta on ‎03-10-2011 05:01 PM

I noticed that other cable providers have HD channels that Fios doesnt and I understand that Fios is adding new HD channels which is good to hear. I was just wondering if Fios will plan add Univision,Telefutura,Telemundo in HD in VA because there are many people that would enjoy to watch these channels instead of SD. Thank you for reading this and keep up the good work Verizon fios!!! 

We also have channels they don't have :smileyhappy: Lots more spanish language content coming in HD...
defnic1

Fiber Internet Service desperately needed

by defnic1 on ‎03-10-2011 02:31 PM

I run a computer software business in Abilene, TX.  Population 130,000+.  I currently have fiber 10Mbps up and down that I paid a lot and had to do a "backroom" deal to get.  I pay in excess of $800 monthly.  I have been using this internet for almost 2 years now.  Come get my money!  Bring your FIOS service here.

We have to finish our current obligations in existing cities with FiOS and then we'll see what comes next...

I live in Wooster, Ohio (pop 30,000) and we have 1, thats right, 1 cable provider to choose from.  We have 2 internet providers to choose from (one of them is the cable company).  Both internet providers do not have some of the perks that you do (like ESPN3 online).  So, the bottom line is that our choices are one of the dishes, monopoly cable inc., or DSL.  Your cellular services seem to dominate here, any news on upcoming services with tv and internet in our area? 

We have to finish the cities we have already started before adding new ones...
MGrace

Consistently name FIOS apps to either start with Verizon or FIOS

by MGrace ‎03-10-2011 12:00 PM - edited ‎03-10-2011 12:01 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I always look in the wrong place in my alphabetically  sorted app screen on my android phone.  The FIOS Mobile Remote app and FIOS on Demand App are right next to each other in the "F" section, but the Verizon Fios DVR app is down with the V's for Verizon.  And don't forget the Media Manager APP or MyVerizon Mobile apps.

When you're right... you're right.
scott_bernstein

HD version of Ovation network

by scott_bernstein on ‎03-10-2011 09:52 AM

I had this when I was on Time Warner, and like this channel for its unique Arts programming that you won't see anywhere else -- the HD version of Later With Jools Holland makes the channel worth it alone, but it's got excellent music, arts, dance, etc. shows that you won't see elsewhere

MelHud

Font

by MelHud on ‎03-10-2011 07:23 AM

On the detailed information page, with the light blue background and white front, would be easier to read with a larger font and in a darker color.

Assume you are testing 1.9?
MelHud

Caller ID

by MelHud on ‎03-10-2011 07:10 AM

Caller ID would be easier to read with larger fonts. A scrolling feature would be helpful, too. Caller ID on computer would also be good.

Verizon Call Assistant provides caller ID on the computer (you can download it)... And in general bigger fonts as an option on the TV is something we continue to work on...
yd

MASN2 HD for Anne Arundel and Baltimore

by yd on ‎03-09-2011 08:09 PM - last edited on ‎03-30-2011 10:15 AM by Admin Emeritus

Please add MASN2 HD to the Anne Arundel\Baltimore Line Up. Everyone else in the DC Metro area are getting the channel on 501. Can we please get the channel before the 2011 MLB season starts. The Baltimore Orioles might actually have a winning team this year.

admin edit: Add Delaware to that list as well, see comments.

New TV widget that would let you get lottery results for your state

I always liked this one... wake up in the morning - check the lottery... if you win then who cares about news, traffic and weather... no matching numbers and then see if you have to wear a jacket to sit in a traffic jam caused by chickens that escaped and are running all over the highway.
SLBober

Media Manager Repeating

by SLBober on ‎03-09-2011 11:15 AM

I am trying to use Media Manager on my Mac and my TV to share photos and music. I have succeeded in getting everything to work. But i want the pictures to repeat (loop), and there does not seem to be any way to make that happen. I have spoken to two (very knowledgeable and supportive) Verizon techies, neither of whom could find the answer to my question. 

I am going to assume that this is an oversight in the design of the program. I also believe that it should be an easy fix for the next version of the software.  If there is a way to make the photos and music repeat, please advise.  If not, please fix the problem and let me know when you do!

Thanks.

SLB

I think I know what you mean... you want a slide show that just keeps playing over and over again automatically?

Verizon markets FiOS TV as besting its cable competitors in picture quality and number of HD channels. And while this may be mostly true, how about eliminating any ambiguity on the question of channels?

Make this simple brand promise: if there's an HD feed of a channel FiOS carries in SD, we will also include the HD version. Period. 

As excited as we were to get FiOS several months ago, we were shocked to learn that the HD feeds of E!, BBC America and Sundance are not carried. With all the capacity afforded by fiber optic technology and the relatively modest broadband speeds in your bundles (compared with fiber optic systems elsewhere in the world) it's difficult to believe there would be a bandwidth issue.

C'mon, FiOS, let your HD flag fly -- and actually become the HD authority you purport to be!

When trying to record something using the iphone app, I am not able to resolve a conflict if I already have 2 things scheduled to record.  I get a message telling me to resolve the conflict on my set top box.  This is kind of inconvenient and is something we should be able to do from the app. 

hard to do, but not impossible
Williep14

Mountain West

by Williep14 on ‎03-08-2011 01:53 PM

Please consider adding the Mountain (Mountain West Channel) to your lineup.  I'm sure there are alot of transplants in the Murrieta/Temecula area from San Diego County and we cannot watch our Aztecs.  I'd much rather have that than the Big Ten Network.

Please, add the mountain!

tom7620

Channel 49 Weather

by tom7620 on ‎03-08-2011 10:54 AM

Please consider changing the music on Channel 49, the ever-present weather station.  It would be appreciated by music lovers everywhere.

Joeg679

Fix problem with deleting scheduled shows

by on ‎03-08-2011 07:14 AM

I have a few shows that are set to record all episodes on any channel, Seinfeld is an example.  Seinfeld is on a few different channels at different times and I have the dvr to record all episodes.  If I look in the schedule and see that an upcoming episode is one that I recently watched, I delete it from the schedule, but it comes back and still records.  I called customer service a few times and finally found out, on a mesage board, that the software deletes it, but then brings it back because it thinks that it should for some reason.  I spoke to a few people who have had this problem with Seinfeld, King of Queens and This Old House.  This problem seems to be with shows that are syndicated and on a few different channels, like Fox and TBS, as Seinfeld is.  Is there anything in 1.9 that will fix this problem? 

Yes this is corrected in 1.9

We all know it exists for Android and RIM - but what about creating a version for your costomers who just bought a Verizon iPhone?  Please tell us you are working on it...

We're working on it. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your interest.
johnf2

Request WFMZ 69 HD in VHO8 SE PA

by on ‎03-07-2011 07:30 PM

Please consider adding WFMZ HD 69 (now only on Ch15 SD) from Allentown, PA to the VHO8 (Southeast Pennsylvania) viewing area. This station also covers Bucks County, PA (north of Philadelphia). Many residents of Bucks County, PA like me, travel to Northern NJ to work, which is in their coverage area. WFMZ HD  provides local weather, traffic and news from Bucks County to Northern NJ.  VHO8 SE PA currently doesn't cover NE PA/Northern NJ/ NYC. But Trenton, NJ right across the river from Bucks County, receives both the Philadelphia and/ NYC stations which would be great to have them on VHO8. If that can't be done, at least have WFMZ HD. The channel slots do not overlap, and HD 515 is available in VHO8. WFMZ HD is an independent station in Allentown where FiOS is currently building out.  WFMZ HD would broaden your local HD coverage in VHO8 and view much better than the SD feed that exists now.

Thank you.

johnf2

ToddSimons

DVR Recordings - Build into Chapters

by on ‎03-07-2011 06:11 PM

It would be nice if DVR recordings could be broken into chapters for advancing thru the content

...Realizing that advertisers probably wouldn't like skipping over an entire block, they need to accept the fact that people are already fast forwarding past the time they pay for.

Either break chapters around commercial blocks, or at the individual commercials.

~Todd

PS.... "DVR" should be added to the spell check functionality of this web site :smileyhappy:

xOgrex

Create a BASIC web portal

by xOgrex on ‎03-07-2011 05:44 PM

There's no nice way to put this: the Verizon web portal sucks. It makes me want to punch my wife and kick my dog. No, seriously, trying to do anything on the Verizon website makes me want to commit an act of domestic violence. Give the users an alternative that doesn't force us to load 10 terabytes of flash and JavaScript. I just want to pay my bill and your website prevents me from doing it half the time.

For the love of all things great and small, please create a "no frills" version of the website for those of us who don't want all the "enhancements".

Rusty101

Invest in the Caribbean

by Rusty101 on ‎03-07-2011 04:45 PM

It would be really create to have a Verizon network here in the Caribbean. My current internet provider is extremely unstable and does not provide the promised speed, while I am using it. If you can set up a network over here I would be extremely happy and I am sure that thousands of other Caribbean who are stuck using this extremely slow network would agree as well

We used to do business in your realm, but exited the region a few years ago... don't see us coming back (but never say never). Sorry.

When I watch a dvr'd show and then have to pause it and come back to it after the allotedpause period runs out, I sometimes delete it because it defaults to highlight the "delete" option.  Please make it default to the "resume" option, so If we hit the "ok" button without thinking, we just resume the program instead of deleting it.  Thanks

Have to do some research...
0 Votes
BeckyS_VZ

Fox Soccer

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-06-2011 05:36 PM
smartcheeta

Canal De Las Estrellas

by smartcheeta on ‎03-06-2011 04:19 PM

Well fios be adding Canal de las estrellas to the spanish language programming in the later future??

Lots and lots of spanish language content coming

We just swapped out our original DVR for the higher-capacity Motorola 7232. The display on the front, sadly, IS WAY TOO BRIGHT!!! You take the time and spend the money to create a terrific home viewing environment: spectacular LED-backlit television and perfectly calibrated 5.1 surround sound. But when you turn on your new FiOS box, you can't help notice the ridiculously bright display on the front. It's as if somebody at Verizon actually told somebody at Motorola "...and can you please make the display on the front of this new box so annoyingly bright that you can't pay attention to the TV".

Please, please add to the punch list of fixes in next firmware release an option for the consumer to turn down the brightness of this silly beacon.

Thank you.

Actually what I think the team said was make it bright enough so airplanes can land at night B-) I will look into options beyond some electrical tape across the display.

I have seen acknowledgment here and on Twitter that Verizon needs to think about what to do for people who have had their equipment for a long period of time.  On Twitter, the only answer has been that there are very few DVRs out there in this category.  Well, I have one of those DVRs and one of those 6 series HD boxes that both struggle to use the highly anticipated software version 1.9.  I really think you need to start to communicate that there is something that we can do to bring our equipment up to date.

I know it has been said before, but I will say it again, asking your loyal long-tem customers to pay $40 to upgrade from a box that will barely function with the new software is terribly insulting.

A "long time" is defined as 4 or more years for our purposes.  For most of you that have had your equipment for less than that time the $40 does not cover the expense of swapping...  

Since FiOS TV launched in Texas in September 2005... a small number of you have had your DVR for a "long time".  So we'll look into options for 4+ year gang as the group gets a bit bigger.

If you would like to swap your equipment every two years or three years, then would you be willing to pay more per month?

Windows, Linux, Mac. As a start? With a Clear header that these are user supported boards and Verizon does not endorse or support any one operating system. These could be areas where users could discuss OS issues. Like what used to be in the news groups.

Let's do these topics in the Home Networking board. If there's enough discussion on these topics, then we're happy to pull them out into their own forum if needed.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements