Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 04-10-2011 - 04-16-2011

Currently on boxes with img 1.8 - one is only able to play one hd program on a different box besides the multi-dvr.  A great option would be the ability to play at a minimum 2 HD streams simultaneously on different boxes besides the multi-dvr.  My family records almost everything in HD.  If someone is using the DVR and someone else is watching a program streaming from the dvr - the 3rd person is unable to watch anything besides live TV or VOD.  Anyone with kids or a big family knows that this can be a big pain.

Everything I have read about the new 1.9 img does not mention this capability.  Sounds like a ton of great features but this issue is definitely one that needs to take top priority for those of us with the Multi-room dvr.

Any chance this is part of the 1.9 upgrade?   If it is not part of 1.9 can someone explain if it's in development or theres a limitation hardware/software preventing it?

Not all DVR's have the horsepower to stream two HD recordings... silver ones not so much...
garylayne

New TV Guide

by garylayne on ‎04-15-2011 04:34 PM

Your new guide totally sucks

It is hard to read from a distance and our front room is not that big.

One thing we did notice is that the larger screens have smaller fonts

than our smaller screen in the bedroom

If you could adjust the font or rresolution and colors you might have something

As for my wife, she says there was nothing wrong with the old guide

And i say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

....you can already set this option for your series recordings, but there is no way to tell a manually selected program IN ADVANCE not to delete unless I manually delete it.   So, for example I can set something to record in the morning and then come home later and tell it to save.  But if I'm out and another recording comes up that won't fit otherwise, it will be erased.

At a minimum, allow me to change this setting on my Blackberry app or on the online DVR-controller app.  Both allow you to delete programs, why not allow me to "save" them?

Will probably take several months to get into a release... but your point is taken.
HLindsay

Door to Door Solicitation

by HLindsay on ‎04-15-2011 02:03 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:47 AM by Admin Emeritus

STOP IT.  In about the past six months, we've had five groups of sales people come from Verizon to our business to see if they can "help" us out on our bill.  The first time, I told them, you know, we already have Verizon.  Then they ask to take a look at our bill to see if we can bring down the price.  On the second and third visits, we went with it .  Then another person shows up to ask us if he can bring the cost of our bill down. I explained that we were okay for now, and he left.  A few minutes ago, yet another Verizon team shows up.  STOP IT.  ENOUGH ALREADY.  A) We already have Verizon B) We've already changed our plan (twice).  It's getting to be annoying now.  What a crappy marketing plan that is any way. 

FlippinJimmy

NECN - High Definition

by FlippinJimmy on ‎04-15-2011 01:26 PM

In January of 2010, NECN began broadcasting in HD. Since the, both Comcast and RCN give their viewers choice. Not only do Verizon customers not have choice, the SD image on an HD television is cut-off on both margins - the crawl line is not fully visible and content is often truncated on both the left and right sides. When can we expect Verizon to carry this channel in HD?

Qank

BYUtv HD

by Qank on ‎04-15-2011 12:23 PM

Is there any plan to add BYUtv in HD?  I read that they recently expanded their broadcasting capability and other providers have already picked up their HD broadcast.  Is there any plan to add this channel to the HD lineup?  I would highly recommend it, especially since the sports coverage on BYUtv is going to pick up significantly and sports in HD makes all the difference.  Thanks.

heircide

Improvements I'd like to see.

by heircide on ‎04-15-2011 10:10 AM

Here are some things I think you can improve on.

1. The ability to set an extension for a show when setting it to record. This is my biggest pet peeve. I watch a lot of sports but I have kids so I don't watch a lot of it live. I'm constantly setting games to record (both via the DVR, my iPhone and online) but currently it doesn't give me the option to extend the recording when I'm setting it to record. To go a step further when setting a show to record that is a sports program it should prompt me (like Directv does) automatically. This is my biggest complaint about your system. Why can't I set the recording to delete when needed or keep until I delete? Make these options available on the DVR, your website and the iPhone.
  2.  When I click guide it would be nice if it remembered the last used filter. For instance if I set the guide to filter by only HD, or sports, or my favorites, the next time I click guide it would be nice if it still used that filter. Another idea would be to give me the ability to set the default filter so that every time I click guide it would use the filter that I set.
  3. Add a keyboard to the iPhone remote control app to make it easier to search. I would use this so much more if it had a keyboard.
  4. Most of my other complaints are being addressed in 1.9. I can't wait until that gets released to CA.

#1 is there... just click Rec button twice to get recording options? The second piece of #1 is not there... but will file that as duplicate as it has been already submitted. #2 is also a duplicate buried somewhere in the Idea Exchange.
MJP0858

The new FIOS TV graphics

by MJP0858 on ‎04-15-2011 10:05 AM

The new white lettering and blue and gray background looks good.  It's too bad the text is much harder to read.   The letters are smaller and do not contrast enough with the lighter background.   Do we have an option to go back to the old look? 

We are making the background darker to provide better contrast.
piotrek931

ADD more POLISH CHANNELS PLEASE

by piotrek931 on ‎04-14-2011 09:53 PM

Please add more polish channels to international tv package. Also, re consider the price for TV POLONIA. Time Warner is a little but cheaper I think and they add in polish radio extra. 

Verizon Please Make My Polish Family Happy, Include iTVN, POLSAT, TV POLONIA, TVN 24 all together in a nice package and separately so that people get to choose which programs they want to order. 

This will definitely help people in my family to stay away from english ;/ 

but do it for them anyway. 

zangoking

CNN or BBC international news HD

by zangoking on ‎04-14-2011 07:46 PM

We don't have any international news in HD. That will be great if we have it. Watching important international news in SD is awful.

zangoking

Mode for music

by zangoking on ‎04-14-2011 07:42 PM

I will be happy there is mode for music when i press right arrow. There is a lot of modes but unfortunately no music.

fair enough...

My friends and colleagues in the UK, Spain, Portugal, India, France and numerous other countries have or are getting internet speeds of 100Mb/s / 100Mb/s and 200Mb/s / 200Mb/s.  And their costs are nominal compared to what we pay for significantly slower speeds.

Instead of being proud of the fact that you're offering asymmetrical 150/35 at a price that is laughable it's so high (not to mention you don't offer it as part of a package so one would pay through the nose for it plus the added cost of breaking up their package,) how about taking advantage of this fiber network you advertise every few minutes on television and offer us reasonable prices for services that are standard in many countries.

Please keep in mind that symmetrical connections are much more stable and reliable.  Also, some of us don't consider 150/35 and upgrade from 35/35 due to lack of increase in upload speeds and change to asymmetrical connection which virtually guarantees a slower upload speed despite the advertised same speed.

Thank you.

laurenb

add linktv

by laurenb on ‎04-14-2011 04:49 PM

I'd like to see linktv added.

mschauber

Manage DVR on myverizon.com

by mschauber on ‎04-14-2011 04:45 PM - last edited on ‎04-20-2011 12:13 PM by Admin Emeritus

It's nice to be able to schedule and delete recordings online, but it would be a huge improvement if we can manage options for each recording (scheduled or recorded.)

Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remove the acknowledgement popup after an item has been deleted.  100% unnecessary and slows down managing what's there.

A select checkbox next to each item would also be very nice so multiple items can be deleted at once (and hopefully have options changed (like how long to keep, start 1 min early, etc..)

I have had approx. 2 late payments since internet billing began, both were because you changed your remittance address & I was not aware of the change.   I authorize my bank to remit based upon your email notification.   In March, my bank remitted to the regular address & I just discovered that my check had been bounced back & redeposited into my account.  Evidently your remittance address changed from Mission Hills to Dallas Texas.  I suggest a notice be placed on the billing email when your payment addresses change.

Thank you,

Shows that are aired following sporting events are rarely recorded properly.  To capture a 1 hour show that is typically aired after a football game, I have to set the recording to record 1 hour after the scheduled time.

Not exactly sure how to do this.... understand the problem... but can't think of a practical solution to it.
italiavp

Add More Italian Language Programming

by italiavp on ‎04-14-2011 11:00 AM

Currently, Fios just carries RAI International. The Italian-American Community would appreciate a 24 Hour Italian News Channel as well (Dish Network carries Rai News 24, DirectTV carried SkyTG24 which shows either are available to carry here in the states. Are there any plans to expand the Italian lineup?

lots more international content coming

Basically, as the storage and the number of users in a household increases (by way of multiroom), we are going to need better management tools for recordings.  A system of user created folders to house recordings would be very helpful.

As a simple example, I would like to be able to put all my recorded movies in a "Movies" folder to uncluttered my main list of unwatched TV.  Similarly, I would like to create an "Archive" folder to house items that I have watched but I'm not ready to delete.  Folders could have subfolders for further organization.  When you create a series or single recording, you could specify what folder (or none) that you want that recording listed under.  This would create a flexible system of organization without too much complexity.

Folders could be very useful for households with many people recording shows. Basically, you would create a folder per person (with any number of subfolders) and when a person creates a recording, they tell it to record to their own folder (or a subfolder there in.)

That way, the kids' and the parents' recordings aren't sitting along side one another on one massive list and each person will be easily able to see what interests them.

You can extend further on that concept. You could have an option for a remote STB to default (or even locked down to) to a certain folder when the DVR menu is accessed. That way, the STB in your child's bedroom will only display shows that they recorded.  There could also be an option that automatically forces all recordings scheduled from that box to be in a certain folder (or a subfolder of that folder).  That way, people could have personalized DVRs by utilizing the multiroom function with only a single DVR in the household.  They would basically be limited to a folder off the root of the DVR while having freedom to organize their recordings in folders below that.

You can also implement the idea of storage quotas on folders. You can define a folder can't exceed a certain amount of space (possibly percentage of total space.)   This would be useful for limiting a child's capability of monopolizing all the storage on the DVR or preventing a marathon of recordings from using up all the space.

Then you roll up the folder concept in the priority scheduling as well. You can still have your series record priority, but you could also define a destination folder priority that takes first precedent. That way you can automatically bump down the priority of your kid's shows if you choose without having to go to each and every one.

Even without the children example, there are ways to leverage all these features with just one person. Say you really like The Simpsons and want to have as many episodes to watch as possible while calling attention to the new ones. You create a Simpsons folder and two subfolders called "New" and "Reruns". You define a quota on the "Rerun" folder of 10% storage (to prevent it from filling up the DVR since The Simpsons are on constantly) and bump the priority of that folder down to the bottom. Meanwhile the "New" folder has top priority. Now you create two series recordings. One is first run only and it defaults to the "New" folder and the other is repeat only, any channel and any time, and defaults to the "Rerun" folder. With 2 minutes of setup, you've now ensured that you'll record The Simpsons whenever it is on so you will have ample episodes to watch while calling attention and giving priority to the new ones AND you won't have to micromanage storage or schedule conflicts with other shows.

JerseyFresh

Stop Search Redirection

by JerseyFresh on ‎04-13-2011 04:54 PM

I have recently noticed that my URL entries are now being redirected to a Verizon search page. I am not the only one who does not want this. I have changed my DNS server to one of the top level DNS servers so I am not affected by this now, but there are many people who do not know how to do this even though its not hard. Maybe you could put a tutorial on the site directing how to go about changing this. I will post one on my site. Just a thought

dslr595148

IMAP workaround (leave mail on server)

by MVP dslr595148 MVP ‎04-13-2011 11:22 AM - edited ‎04-13-2011 11:27 AM

Since it is unlikely that you will not deploy IMAP e-mail, as address in the thread

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/IMAP-e-mail/idc-p/300993#M5758

I have a bright idea.

#1 Say something like..

Since we don't offer IMAP e-mail. this is how you can configure your e-mail client to keep mail on the server.

#2 Then give them the directions on how to do that.

#3 For users who use your automatic setup program, in the automated setup program configure their e-mail client to keep mail on server.

Thanks for considering this/these idea(s).

We just recently changed our phone number to a new unpublished number.  Since most numbers are recycled, you are at the mercy of whomever or whatever have the previous owners' information.  The previous owner of this number had multiple bad debts and apparently gave it out to everyone, their landscapng company,  and their dog.

You are only allowed to block 10 specific phone numbers and you cannot block numbers that are "unavailable".  Here's what I would like to see...

1.  Allow more than 10 numbers in the list.  I managed to fill that up a week after I enabled it.

2.  Allow blocking based upon the caller ID and not only the number.  I get lots of calls from "UNAVAILABE" with phone number "UNAVAILABLE".  Trust me, I don't want to talk to them.  I'd like to block all calls from "MONTANA", "UTAH", and "TEXAS".  I don't know anyone there and I don't want to hire them to reduce my credit card rate.

3.  Allow blocking of area codes or partial numbers. I want to be able to enter "(978) 685-????" or "(406) *" and limit my annoyance from these places.

4. Allow call notification and call blocking at the same time.

Thanks for your suggestions. We had similar suggestions a few months ago and have added these to our list for possible enhancements in the future. I am confused about your #4 - allow call notification and call blocking at the same time. Could you expand on this please?
g8rs_fan

G4 HD!

by g8rs_fan on ‎04-12-2011 09:19 PM

I will be switching to Verizon soon but I was upset to find out that G4, my favorite channel, was not available in HD in my area. Does anyone have it through Verizon? Will Verizon be adding it?

That channel is on the list to be added...
PMD

Get SU Sports programming right

by PMD on ‎04-12-2011 05:42 PM

I was sold on Verizon FIOS by an agent who assured me that Syracuse University sports would be carried on Verizon. During the football games it took the first several before they were broadcast and listed in the program guide. Then came the basketball season and we missed the first few broadcast until the complaints finally got them to get the broadcasts on. Now with SU Lacrosse it's the same thing all over again. Today's SU-Cornell game was supposed to be broadcast on ESPN-U. Because Time-Warner apparently bought the rights to the game and broadcast it on their local sports channel it got blocked on ESPN-U. Verizon should have had the game on FIOS-501 but it wasn't on.

Do all of us who switched to FIOS with the assurance that SU sports would be on need to cancel and go back to Time Warner before Verizon will wake up and get things right without everyone calling to complain.

lordofring

How about having live chat on TV

by lordofring on ‎04-12-2011 01:30 PM

how about the idea of implementing STB -STB communication.this will be very exciting to see your messages on TV while watching your favorite show...

Dont miss any action on TV and chat with friends...

Will it be more interesting sending jokes about friends while watching nfl football?

We tried some instant messaging things and they just didn't seem to jive with TV viewing (but we didn't have the mobile remote control app for easy text entry)... but for now you can tweet back and forth using the Twitter app... have you tried that...

Multi-room DVR is a great feature, but right now I can't use it.

Why?  Because the present cost of my internet and tv is so high from FiOS it's difficult to justify adding more cost.  In order to get the package I want, I  have to pay for the highest possible service.  The downside is that it's put my cost over $150 a month for cable and 2 hd dvrs.  That's a lot of money.  I can't justify more money spent on a service that's pretty common with dishes.  How can I get the service I'd like without adding additional fees?  How can FIOS service be more competative pricewise?  How do I get the "free liketime multi-dvr" package without having to beg a sales person?  

I am a early adopter of FIOS and absolutely love everything I get from a service quality standpoint, but the cost association is brutal.  Some of the optional services need to be bundled into these packages for existing customers in order to KEEP US customers.

There is a point where this will happen... not today, but maybe tomorrow or the day after... Also understand that your content purchases do not subsidize your equipment rentals... that's not permitted by the FCC.
0 Votes

Is there a TV Station out there, like Oasis, or something better that Verizon Fios can contract for us to subscribe to? Looking for a TV Chanel that deals New Age Services such as listed in the subject above, plus maybe tarot, numerology, etc.

Suber

Filipino On Demand (FOD) Channels

by Suber on ‎04-11-2011 03:44 PM

I live in Southeastern Virginia (Hampton Roads Area) where there is a very large Filipino community, mostly active and retired military.  We do not have access to FOD in this area.  However, I checked your website and found that Filipino On Demand is available in Richmond and its surrounding areas.  The other carriers, i.e.., Comcast, Cox and some others, offer FOD in this area.  Is it possible for this area to receive FOD, or other Filipino channels with FiOS TV??  In this area, Verizon only offers two Filipino channels, TFC and GMA Pinoy.  Your response will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Tons more On Demand content is coming
VladTheImpaler

FiOS Home Security

by VladTheImpaler on ‎04-11-2011 11:04 AM

My Idea is a new service, I called it FiOS Home Security. It would include sensors, alarm, and about 8 security cameras with night vision connected to FiOS fiber-optic line, so the owner could view the recorded video on any computer by  going to assign website and entering some password(s) and security question(s).

We discussed this at Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Vegas
connecticutlady

Sound/Remote

by connecticutlady on ‎04-11-2011 05:51 AM

This is just a thought.  Since we now have many flat screens available maybe FIOS can improve the remote volume control so we only have to use one remote over the other.  When I had my previous TV, not flatscreen, I was able to program the TV volume on the VIOS remote.  Now that I have a flatscreen and there is no code for it, I tried the generic code which doesn't seem to work.   It's a pain having to use the flatscreen remote to control the volume (from high to low or mute) over the FIOS reemote.

prisaz

Lets bring this up again from 2009 pre ideas page.

by ‎04-10-2011 04:50 PM - edited ‎04-10-2011 05:39 PM

Can't print channel lineup in numerical format from PDF or the lineup page. Hard to track what is there and what is not when they are not in order. Change to the channel lineup page and select numerical or alphabetical and then try to print it. Good luck! It only prints what is in the current window, and not what is in the scroll buffer. WHY? Attempt to print a side by side comparison in any format, good luck! I think this needs immediate attention. Look A to Z and try and figure out what is missing at your tier or the one you are considering. That is what I am going to do. How are we to compare without the PC? I think perhaps if people had it in black and white it may get looked at in more detail prior to agreeing to something you may or may not want. Perhaps I am being cynical, but I don't think so. Perhaps I will look at and sort my lineup and make a printable comparison of all three tiers. This post had Zero responses and then was locked. Am I missing something? Could be. I have before.:smileysad:

files sorted 2 different ways: one my channel number, the other by channel name. The current procedure lists the channels in multiple columns, which is fine, except each column continues onto the next PAGE instead of to the next COLUMN on the SAME PAGE, which is the more logical way to organize it!

There have been improvements over the yers, but come one, make the print button print what is n the scroll buller and not one and a hal fpages of trash. Thank you

Here is a sample of what should be printable form the side by side comparisons. Or tattles from the channel lineup with the pretty little dot! Pardon the copywrite violations, but I had to give an example. The PDFs are nice. But make everything on your page work the way it should. Let me get a hard copy so I can actually sit down and compare apples to apples. See the attached PDF for Montgomery County Maryland. This is what is in the scroll buffer, why will not print.

Can you please explain this concept of "printing"?

I think I read about the process of printing in history books... if I recall it has something to do with killing trees and feeding their processed remains into a machine... that machine uses this stuff called "ink" to put the things on see on my screen onto the dead trees...?  Is that correct?

JOKING!!! (kinda)

Let me see what I can do.

I will never be interested in paying extra for flex view movies and I have stopped ordering movies because the interface does not clearly indicate if I will be charged $11.99 or $4.99 when I'm FORCED to select Accept the flex view rules.  I also have Apple TV, so it is just as easy for me to make my purchase there, where I know that I will be paying $4.99.  I would like a preference somewhere that I can check or un-check my interest or lack of interest in Flex View movies and pricing, or I would like flex view movies to be moved to a separate menu so the pricing is clear. 

Trombino

Menu Guide Hard to Scroll

by Trombino on ‎04-10-2011 10:22 AM

Would be nice if there was a way to customize the Guide feature so it would not enlarge the channel listing with added information.  Current sysem makes it hard to scroll,,, the expanded listing gets in the way.  Prefer Conast Guide where you can scroll easily and if you like you can click "info" for expanded listings.

There are more views of guide data for live TV coming in the next release of software. Maybe we can re-visit after that upgrade ships

Moved over from Comast and one feature I miss is ability to record sporting events and being given the option to extend recording by 30,60, minutes etc.   Now I have to record shows after the event to make sure I get the game if it goes to overtime, etc.

Just extend as part of the recording options. The ability to extend while the recording is in progress is coming in the next guide software.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements