i want a channel add called Root Sports Pittsburgh to the channel line up both SD and HD i would like in with the sports channel like either ch.78 for SD Tv and ch.578 for the HD channel i can keep with my Pens hockey or Pirates Baseball live in the hampton roads area and cant have this channel on fios tv it would be great to add in the channel line up this is the frist time asking for this channel in hampton roads thanks AJ for the idea
So I've been absolutely hating Att Uverse ever since my parents have bought it, and I recently told them about verizon fiOS. My dad, loving sports, loves the thought of ESPN3.com, and me, being a frequent internet user, really like the no-capping thing as well as the internet plans available. But it says that fiOS isn't available here. I also have a ton of friends who want to get it but can't because of the fact that it just isn't available here. So verizon, could you come to SSI, GA? Pleease?
I find that the channel display stays on for, at least, a full 30 seconds, then switches back to the time. It would be great if that amount of time could be adjusted to a lesser time. Say 5, 10, 15 seconds.
Also, with Time Warner, going to "Favorites" was so much easier. I'd enter Favorites and just use the up or down arrows to actually see the program currently running, on the screen. With Fios, I have to go to Favorites, which takes me to my Favorites Guide first, then using the up and down buttons to get to a program, then clicking "Okay" to get "into" the program, then if it isn't interesting, having to go to the Guide again, and doing that whole process all over again. Or while viewing a favorite, using the up or down button to see a description of the next program, rather than the actual program running on that channel. By pressing "Favorites" and seeing the actual picture of what's on is so much easier. Click on the up or down, see what's actual playing and able to view it.
The multiple steps could be a deal breaker for older users.
All processes were at best, one to two step procedures, as opposed to multiple steps to accomplish simple tasks. If there is some way to combine Time Warner's user friendly features and the reliability and speed and crystal clear visuals of Fios, you'd have the perfect service.
Here are a few suggestions that would make using the DVR a much better experience. Some of them would also give Verizon a competitive edge:
1) In a multiple DVR environment, when setting a recording from a DVR box, allow us to choose which DVR to record to. Currently you can do this with NON DVR boxes, but on a DVR box, it always records to the DVR you are on.
2) Allow DVR programs to be viewed on a computer or smartphone. I know you have FlexView, but that is only for ON DEMAND programming. I would like to be able to watch shows that are already recorded on my DVR when I'm not at home.
3) Allow us to name a manual recording. It is impossible to remember what a manual recording is without being able to name it.
4) Have the "Last" button go back to whatever you were watching last even if it was a DVR recording. If I"m watching a show from my DVR, but I accidentally exit or change channels, it would be nice to get back to the recording by just hitting the LAST button. COMCAST already does this.
5) When changing channels while both tuners are recording a show, allow the user to switch to the other recording instead of just canceling it. COMCAST already does this.
6) Allow trimming of shows stored on the DVR to save space (from either the beginning or end). For example, if I'm watching a show from my DVR that is 2 hours long, but I only have time to watch 1 hour of it. It would be nice if I could delete everything up to the point I'm at now, so it doesn't take up as much space. Similarly, when I have to extend the recording time for shows because the guide is not updated when a live show takes longer, it would be nice to be able to delete what's not needed from the end of the recording.
My Cisco set top box has an option to only scan through suscribed channels. However every time I power cycle the STB it defaults to scan all channels. Usually I forget, until I hit an unsuscribed channel to reset it. What purpose, other than to remind us of everything we are missing (advertisement) , is it to have the STB do this? Please allow the suscribed channels only scanning option to remain when power cycling the STB.
A lot of us here have wonderful idea's, but with little to no promotion of that idea, it might go by the way side.
Add a FB, twitter or email or SHARE option, that way we can send to our friends, or FB posts about the idea, and that way we can promote our idea, and it also provides for Verizon Branding, and in addition it provides for better community participation. You may get new community members that weren't there before seeing a neat idea that they liked.
I realize that Home Monitoring and Control is a relatively new offering from Verizon. In fact, when you call Verizon, it's not even on the list of voice prompts for why you might be calling. Right now, it is clearly a "do it yourself" product, but with its mass appeal, I think it really needs to come with more support from Verizon. When you open a new telephone, TV or internet account with Verizon, they send a technician out to your house, and often, it's for little more than just "turning on" the services for which the residence is already wired and equipped. But for this new, fairly complicated, multi-faceted product, which might soon be all the rage since surveillance cameras are now actively located practically anywhere human beings walk, how can you not have the option of having a sales and/or technical installation expert go to customers' homes to help them determine which devices are right for them and get them installed correctly? A lot of people who could benefit from this product simply wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to purchasing and installing it. You really should consider putting more manpower/sales & installation force behind it. (PS - sprinkler system manufacturers are now getting into the "remote control via mobile app" game. You might want to consider adding a sprinkler system control panel to the home monitoring package, too. That would be awesome.)
Currently, filters are set up by options of From, Subject, To and CC.
I am constantly getting messages from bogus employers. I would like to set up a filter that states any email with the word JOB in it will be marked spam. Other web-based mail offers this option. Please implement this so I can stop the onslaught of spam!
I've had to make numerous filters just to keep my friends from being marked spam, and even so, they still end up in the spam detector. Sure wish you'd improve this feature!