Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 04-17-2011 - 04-23-2011

I'm disappointed that Verizon only allows you to only scan 2x the rate when you are watching Video on Demand content.

It's a different technical problem to solve for On Demand as opposed to VOD

When browsing my list of shows that have been recorded and I come across a show or movie that is currently recording, I would like the option to click on it and be able to go to that channel.  Currently, you can only stop the recording, delete and get information. 

Hello,

I downloaded the WatchESPN app to my iPad and have been spending considerable amount of time trying to link to my Verizon Fios account.   The only option that comes up is Verizion High Speed Internet for and not Fios and therefore  ESPN is telling me that I do not have access to all ESPN content and can only watch ESPN3 because of this on my iPad.  I have  Fios Triple Play and subscribe to ESPN packages.   Seems like others are also having this problem.  What's the deal?

Please understand this is not a good place to get support. I will take a look and see what's up... mine is working.
mandyc1985

Give back by GAS PERKS

by mandyc1985 on ‎04-23-2011 04:10 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 08:39 AM by Admin Emeritus

A lot of places are giving back rewards most are gas perks. If you would give back gas perks to your customers that pay on time you would not only have a lot less unpaid bill but a lot less late bills. You would also attract more customers.

sly1foxy

CSN Sportsnet Channels

by sly1foxy on ‎04-23-2011 11:04 AM

I would like to see all CSN Sportsnet channels available, even at an additional cost, to all regions.  I came to FIOS from Dish Network.  On Dish I subscribed to a Sports+ package that gave me all of the CSN Sportsnet channels throughout the country.  I really miss that option since coming to FIOS.

Thank you.

VZsNumbaOneFan

Make FiOS Mobile Apps More User Friendly

by VZsNumbaOneFan on ‎04-23-2011 09:37 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:38 AM by Admin Emeritus

The FiOS Mobile App is amazing but using the mobile remote feature is a pain to use. I'm very tech savvy but this using this feature makes me really frustrated. I'd appreciate it if you guys would remove the whole PIN setup, and remove the widget. There should just be a feature in settings to make your STB viewable to FiOS Mobile Remote's. The STB's are on a closed network, I don't see the need for a PIN. 

Also as far as the names the Mobile Remote App names the boxes I think is implemented wrong. The names the app should give the STB's are the names you gave each STB via FiOS TV Online or when you activated the box. In addition, an option needs to be added (that works correctly) that allows you to choose which STB you want to control. The option is there now but it doesn't work properly -- it only let's you pair with the last STB you paired with, it doesn't give you a list of STB's . 

But I think if you were to redesign FiOS Mobile Remote where you'd simply have a list of all of your STB's named and wouldn't have to worry about PIN's and going to widegets to pair the device with the STB would be A WHOLE LOT easier.

Lastly, for FiOS Mobile Remote i'd like to see it integrated with the FiOS DVR Manager app so you can look at the guide from your mobile device just as you can on the iPad.

Additionally, I'd like to see the FiOS Digital Voice Assistant integrated into the FiOS Mobile App, just as it is on Android. And lastly I'd like to see My Verizon added to FiOS Mobile Apps. Comcast has their account management integrated into their mobile apps, and it's pretty helpful.

One feature that I thought that I'm not sure if it could be implemented into the FiOS Mobile App is Caller ID notifications.iOS (I don't know about Android has onscreen notifications, and as someone calling you a notification could popup. This feature I think isn't too hard to implement as the devices would work the same way the STB's get their Caller ID notifications via Wi-FI but you'd have to add the Digital Voice Server IP into the FiOS Mobile App and add on screen notifications to the iOS device whenever as a call is received.

most ideas in the post are in development now
Ktrain

Enable PIP Picture in Picture Functionality

by Ktrain on ‎04-23-2011 05:47 AM

How long will we have to wait for Verizon FIOS to upgrade their existing clunky oversize "set top" boxes to allow Picture in PIcture (PIP)?  Since we are told the existing set top boxes cannot provide PIP, why not just offer us PIP hungry customers a different box, like the Scientific American's. 

Its high time for Verizon to not drop the ball on this one. If the existing boxes cannot handle such a simple function that Comcast customers in my area have had for years, I will be forced to switch to Comcast to resolve this. I bought a TV with PIP functionality deliberately, like so many others have. If the digital age involves rolling back technologies, why did we switch again?

I am forced  to presume Verizon FIOS wants me to rent yet another box and split the signal before it enters my set top box,, and live with SD and a limited channel lineup and no guide. Nope. Its like we are still in the stone age. Why is there a PIP button on my remote, anyways? 

Its also high time to abandon the name set top box.  If a single customer can get the set top box on top of the existing flat panel high definition TV, please post a picture so we can all get a good laugh. 

But not the 1990's definition of PIP... something more sophisticated... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... video windows on a screens... you pick which ones... just went to a design meeting today :smileyhappy: Please jack up the vote volume.... will help me in the cause.
paranoia_here

New Wi-Fi hotspots everywhere.

by paranoia_here on ‎04-22-2011 06:45 PM

Verizon should offer current customers a higher speed at a reduced price by making them Wi-Fi or WiMax hotspots.  If the customer agrees to have a special antenna installed on their home Verizon offers them the higher speed at a reduced cost.  You could put a cell network antenna on their homes creating a high speed hot spot for verizon cell customers as well as near by home users.

0 Votes
jan133

PUT FIOS TV LISTINGS ON AOL

by jan133 on ‎04-22-2011 06:36 PM

Right now when i go to aol tv lisitings - the only companies listed are charter and a t and t - no place to clik for verizon fios so i can find out what is on a channel at a specific time - this application on aol was great when i had charter but i cant find what is on when fios as times differ

Yes... already on the Internet... www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral
JimHough

1.9 Search hates Famiily Guy

by JimHough on ‎04-22-2011 09:18 AM

Last night I tried to search for Family Guy and nothing showed up.  I searched for FAMILY and got "No Results.."  

I searched for "FAMIL" and it took me forever (many pages) to scroll down and find Family Guy.  - when I added the "Y" it told me "No Results."  I

Under 1.8 if you typed "FAM" Family Guy would pop to the top of the list!  What's up with that?  I think 1.9 needed a longer wider beta test.

So who has it in for Family Guy?

VOTE FOR THIS IDEA

I will check it out.
JimHough

Filter on available HD channels only

by JimHough on ‎04-22-2011 09:13 AM

I wish there were a way to set a global filter so that ONLY HD channels/shows would show up.  That means, search, guide, everything on the box would show only those shows that are HD AND that I'm subscribed to.  The current HD filter is temporary and it shows all the pay channels that I don't have.  Real pain.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS IDEA!

Modes... can be selected by hitting the right arrow. We are working to make the modes take over things like search and VOD as well. Got your point about subscribed only content.
JReisinger

Converting Wireless Phones to Home Phones

by JReisinger on ‎04-22-2011 06:53 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:39 AM by Admin Emeritus

Using a wireless phone as the primary home phone can be daunting if you are in a different room of the house then your cell phone.  What would be nice is a docking station, in which you could plug in your cell phone - this docking station would then send a signal out to various receivers, that could be puchased - ultimately converting your cell phone into a 'home phone'.  If the cell phone rang, you could answer the call using receivers purchased and placed in different rooms of hte house.  Currently many cordless phones that are purchased for the home include one base and multiple handsets with docking stations.  This would be a great way to convert a wireless phone into a primary house phone. 

Lindsay

print size

by Lindsay on ‎04-22-2011 05:03 AM

I recently received an email from Verizon regarding changing the terms of accounts.  The print size was so small that I could barely read it, probably size 8 font or smaller, and dark grey instead of black.  To be user friendly, especially with so many senior citizens on line, a larger font would be appreciated.

The title pretty much describes it all. I have an Android an was browsing the Android Market looking for FiOS apps and I came across the Verizon FiOS Digital Voice app. The app was incredible. It integrated with all of my contacts on my phone and it allowed me to do everything that I was able to do via PC. I'd love to see this on the iOS front. I have a couple mobile Apple devices (iPad, iPod Touch) and was disappointed not to see this. Additionally, if you guys do decide to implement this idea can it be integrated into the FiOS Mobile apps. I think it'd be much neater if everything was in one place. Currently you have to download a DVR manager app, and remote app. I don't think we should add on to this. Also I think My Verizon should be fully integrated into the FiOS Mobile apps instead of having to go to m.verizon.com.

Additionally, verizon.net email integration would be cool to add into the Verizon mobile apps. Comcast has all of the features above and it's really neat.

Need BIOS Upgrade.

If you have parental controls active, router hangs up in approximately in 20min. after power cycle its work for another 20min., all led’s still stays “green” but all communications (wi-fi and Ethernet 10/100) goes off, that may be part of the problem. If you delete parental control rule router starts works fine again. I replaced 3 units to figure this out. This is only for Rev.F H/W: 20.10.7.5. (Draft-N), Rev.E does not have any parental control problem. Hard reset back to factory defaults also helps. 

Sounds like you're reporting an issue. Don't see an actual idea here. This might be more appropriate for discussion on our FiOS Internet board http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/bd-p/FiOS_Internet
tiredofveriz

paperless advertising

by tiredofveriz on ‎04-21-2011 03:48 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:45 AM by Admin Emeritus

How about instead of asking me to give up my one bill per month, you quit sending a mailer of some sort to me every day of the week and every week of the month?  I'm sure my one little bill is minimal compared to the thousands of trees per month you send useless advertisements.  I bet you could cut the costs of some of your services a little as well if you didn't spend so much money on mailing!!  Isn't that a great idea?

As stated before, my wife & I have both Directv/Fios STBs.  My wife loves the fact, on our HR24/D* STB, she has 'upcoming shows' listed under 'program information' on archived shows or even recently recorded shows.  This helps her bigtime!  With our Fios STB she has to back out of the program info screen & do another search/look-up, which is time consuming.  Please add this to the program info screen, the only thing listed on it now is 'play, delete or save until i delete'

VZsNumbaOneFan

RF Remote!

by VZsNumbaOneFan on ‎04-21-2011 10:27 AM

My biggest gripe with FiOS is the lack of an integrated RF receiver. Sometimes I don't have the IR required line-of-sight even if my box is in the same room the i'm using the remote in and it becomes so frustrating to have to twist your arm around and get into awkward position while lying down or even standing up to simply press info or change the channel. Or maybe make the IR receivers stronger. My TV doesn't seem to give me a problem. This should be a standard option for the HD boxes at least since their premium and the SD should have it as well but as I said the HD most definentely as their premium and they usually cost more monthly.

I previously responded that RF remotes are so 1990's and I would prefer to focus on wifi remote controls (hardware and software based running on smart phones and tablets)... believe that's still my position, but have been investigating RF options as proposed here...
adkrasinski2

Adding more info to the guide, etc.

by adkrasinski2 on ‎04-21-2011 10:09 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:29 AM by Admin Emeritus

Right now, FiOS shows actors names that are in the movies, however I think they should add the commentators names that are broadcasting the sports event. Also include the slideline reports names.

Another thing is adding more HD channels:

• CBS Sports Network HD
  • E! HD
  • ESPN CLS HD (ESPN Classic HD)
  • FSC HD (Fox Sports Channel HD)
  • MTV 2 HD
  • NECN HD
  • NESN Plus HD
  • SNY HD

Got it... not sure how to make the guide data piece go... but willing to look into it
juice421

Skip to Front of Buffer

by on ‎04-21-2011 07:05 AM

Whenever I want to rewind a full capacity buffer that has built up from a live show, it would be nice if there was an option to jump to the front of the buffer.  

As it is now in 1.9, I'm always having to use the trick play rewind to get to the beginning of the buffer and it takes a few minutes even at 8x.  For those instances where I want to go back as far as the buffer allows, why not add the option to jump the buffer? I was actually surprised this wasn't in 1.9 to begin with!   

Watching DVR'ed content... up arrow. See chapters. Skip where ever you desire (jump with more precision than beginning / end). Recordings on the disk before 1.9 upgrade don't get thumbnails. Only recordings after upgrade get them.
juice421

Font Options

by on ‎04-21-2011 06:54 AM

Reading the comments of 1.9 over the forums and Twitter, I see a lot of people complaining about the guides font size.  Some are saying the font is too small, and some are saying the full screen guide can fit even more if the font was smaller.  Personally, I find the font size in 1.9 to be fine where it is.

So what I propose is the ultimate solution, which WILL SATISFY EVERYONE! Why not code in and offer font size options? Other providers are currently testing font size customizations in their next-gen guide, leaving it in the hands of the customer to find their ideal font size.

And while were at it, there really should be options for almost every conceivable setting, because everyone is different and how else could you please everyone?  I know that might be a pipe dream, but it's something to strive for! 

Yes and yes. This is so hard. So hard. But definitely on that mission.
JimHough

1.9 Blues

by JimHough on ‎04-20-2011 08:52 PM

I love the look of 1.9, good job there. 

However, it seems laggy to me.  Each new screen takes longer to load than 1.8. 

But my biggest beef with 1.9 is the DVR control functions.  Seems like a long time ago but my recollection of 1.8 was when you fast forward a video you saw a small graphic at the bottom of the screen indicating the speed and direction of your FF.  When you hit "play" all of the controls went away and your video was playing without any graphics or info display. 

Under 1.9 when you're fast forwarding a video you get a lower third taken up with the speed indicator (2X, 4x, etc) but when you hit "play" you get at least a half screen blue graphic with info while your video is playing in the back.  If left unchecked, the graphic stays on screen forever!  So one if forced to make another keystroke to either hit exit or down arrow to get rid of the graphic. 

Why do I need a graphic sitting on the screen anyway?  I know what I'm watching, just play the video.  Does this make sense?

Anyone else annoyed by this function?

Thanks for listening.

Jim

The only path is to give you options to set preferences, but I also have "suggestions" that folks want the info screen and that it needed to stay up longer... The real answer is let you set the preference, but that take code.
0 Votes
sharowna

Support

by sharowna on ‎04-20-2011 05:22 PM

Once again, after five months of problems with my dvr, I continue to try and request support but cannot get anyone to help unless I sit on the phone for at least an hour to get a telephone rep to ask me what they've asked me for five months already.

My set top box continues to shut off randomly.....is that so hard?

How about you make it easier to get assistance and then FIX the problems????

This is not a place for support. If you don't want to use the phone to get support I would suggest you hit www.verizon.com/support... use IM to engage. To me it sounds like your unit is over heating (i.e. is it in a stack of other devices and unable to vent it's heat... hot enclosure... ) A DVR is basically a computer and if it gets to hot it gets unhappy. You can also use Twitter to get support from @verizonsupport.
Joeblow

New radio commercial

by Joeblow on ‎04-19-2011 04:22 PM

As a Comcast subscriber I would like to know why you feel it necessary to call us "dimwits" in your latest round of advertisements heard on popular radio stations in the Philadelphia area such as KYW 1060.  

When I first had Fios installed the first and formost question I had for Verizon was if I was going to be able to get MLB extra innings and if I would be able to get most Phillies games . I was told I would get the game . Well the season has started and I only seen 1 game so far. There hasn't been a single Phillies game on Extra innings.  This MLB package is a waste ,because I haven't gotten a single game I want to watch.

Verizon needs to step it up and be more like direct Tv, at least on DTV they show phillies games on the team that they are playings network . Direct Tv at least gives a few channels to chose from to find the games I want to see. also I should be able to change my local area broadcasting if i want. another words I live in central Jersey But only get New York local broadcasting in Fios. I do not get any Philly Broadcast and when I called to try to they told me that it can not be done.... Im starting to hate Verizon Fios, they better improve soon or Im out.

thirdjetta

Internet Speed Test Results

by thirdjetta on ‎04-19-2011 05:18 AM

After spending 45 minutes waiting on hold , I was informed that the expected speed test results are not guaranteed when operating wireless. Once wired, my speed results were fine. Why doesn't the Verizon In-home Agent prompt to insure the customer is operating WIRED before running the test to get accurate results ?

kat64

On Demand

by kat64 on ‎04-18-2011 11:39 PM

How about giving back full on demand capabilities on all programming?  Not allowing use of forwarding, rewinding and pausing on some shows on demand is not what was told to me when I purchased my bundle.  I need an explanation.  What gives>

usuario74

ESPN Deportes HD

by usuario74 on ‎04-18-2011 09:08 PM

Now that we finally have FOX Soccer HD. We football lovers (soccer for those....) need to ask for more.

FOX soccer doesn't have the rights to Spanish Liga so for me being Spanish this is not enough.

Vote for this!

I am going to create another one for GOLTV HD. Vote on that too!

Hope this time it doesnt take Verizon as long as for Fox Soccer HD! One can dream!!

GOL TV is next for the soccer folks...

As a former DISH and DIRECT TV customer, I became accustomed to the TV program guide information havin:

(1) The "original air date" included.

Without this information, it is impossible to determine which episodes are really FIRST RUN, and which are repeats of First Run shows. This makes impossible accurate Series programming the DVR. It also makes it difficult to record a series that is being repeated.

(2) For movies, the 1 to 5 Star annotations.

Having this avoids having to search IMDB, or another Web source, to deternine which films were better reviewed and received.

aaron1948V

Please add Free Speech TV and LinkTV

by aaron1948V on ‎04-18-2011 08:24 PM

Please consider adding Free Speech TV and LinkTV, both of which are on Direct and DISH TV.

prisaz

ADA settings or features for vision impaired users.

by ‎04-18-2011 07:36 PM - edited ‎04-18-2011 07:40 PM

This could be an industry first. If not available. It would also be inline with Verizon's Community Responsibility Ideals.

Perhaps Verizon should have had "themes".. I believe that someone that has vision issues may be some of the biggest complainers about 1.9 contrasts. But than again, why would they want HD. ADA compliant guide for the Vision impaired? Not that there is such a thing. It could be a Verizon first. I would love to be able to toggle screen guide modes with a simple push of a button. Without getting my glasses.

Is your STB or DVR ADA compliant? Does Verizon consider ADA compliance. Might be a good idea to offer an special ADA compliant option setting for your hardware. High contrast etc.

prisaz

Remote Manage NON DVR STBs not just parental controls, but favorites too.

by ‎04-18-2011 07:04 PM - edited ‎04-18-2011 07:05 PM

I know there is another post regarding remote management of parental controls. Now I do like the I idea to allow remote enabling to view a single program. This puts a little different twist on the subject, I do not remember seeing this in 1.9, but maybe it is there.

Enter pin or enable viewing for this program being requested.,

Remotely List program on STB or DVR requesting access.

I would like to see these two remote management buttons for all my STBs and not just DVRs..

ManageNonDVRs.JPG

0 Votes
mikemorgan7

Bring FiOS to Tampa Bay Area

by mikemorgan7 on ‎04-18-2011 05:24 PM - last edited on ‎04-20-2011 12:56 PM by Admin Emeritus

If FiOS were to come to the Tampa Bay Area,Bright House Networks would be out of service. It cost me $150.00 a month for TV,Phone,and internet. FiOS is so much cheaper,and overall better,and faster. Come to the Tampa Bay Area,Bright House SUCKS !!!

If you live in Tampa.. then FiOS should be available to you over the next months... maybe short years... we are still building your market.
0 Votes
AutoComplete

Provide search autocomplete for http://searchservices.verizon.com

by AutoComplete on ‎04-18-2011 01:17 AM - last edited on ‎04-18-2011 05:19 AM by Moderator

This is nowadays pretty basic on all search portals.

--adam

{edited for privacy}

oyster

fios tv online

by on ‎04-17-2011 06:52 PM

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS

HBO GO AND OTHER FIOS ONLINE THROUGH TV

The premium channels will have the same content on every screen. Expect the others too as well... but don't know definitely how that's going to go.
mickeyjean

FIOS TV IN Cape Cod??

by mickeyjean on ‎04-17-2011 04:49 PM

It would be great to get Fios in Cape Cod and give Comcast some competition.  Many of us cannot use satellite because of poor connectivity (we tried for l 1/2 years and never got good reception) so we are forced to use Comcast or nothing.  Any idea when, or if, Verizon is planning to install Fios equipment in  Cape Cod???

We don't provide a future view of where we will be building the FiOS network... just tips the competition off on where to focus their efforts... sorry.
dissatisfied69

Better Customer Service

by dissatisfied69 on ‎04-17-2011 06:54 AM

How about not charging customers a cancellation fee if they are transferred to an area where your service isn't available.   I could understand charging a cancellation fee if customers cancel service where FIOS is available, but to charge a customer who had to move to an area where you don't provide service is wrong. 

This is from Verizon's Corporate Responsibility website: (not sure you are living up to these commitments and values)

Commitment and Values

The Verizon Commitment and Values are the foundation for our culture and guide our every action. Customers First

The Verizon Commitment is to put our customers first by providing excellent service and great communications experiences. This is what we do and this is why we exist. By focusing on our customers and being a responsible member of our communities, we will produce a solid return for our shareowners, create meaningful work for ourselves and provide something of lasting value for society. As a result, Verizon will be recognized as a great company.

In order to keep this commitment, we need to always honor our core values:

• Integrity
    Integrity is at the heart of everything we do. We are honest, ethical and upfront because trust is at the foundation of our relationships with our customers, our communities, our stakeholders and each other.
  • Respect
    We know it is critical that we respect everyone at every level of our business. We champion diversity, embrace individuality and listen carefully when others speak.
  • Performance Excellence
    We hold ourselves to a very high standard of performance. We prize innovative ideas and the teamwork it takes to make them realities. We never stop asking ourselves how we can make the customer experience better, and every day, we find an answer.
  • Accountability
    We take responsibility for our actions as individuals, as team members, and as an organization. We work together, support one another and never let the customer—or our coworkers—down.

Great companies are judged by what they do, not by what they say. To be the best, we’re going to keep pushing ourselves in new and exciting directions. These values guide our every action.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements