• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 04-24-2011 - 04-30-2011

walnuthill

Verizon Homepage Offensive Advertising

by walnuthill on ‎04-30-2011 09:40 AM

I have been using this start page for my verizon account for many, many years. I have been very satified with its content until the past few months. The creepy animated photo of old men selling morgage refinance that is running on this page is offensive.  I have been trying to indure, in the hope the ad time would expire.  Please give me a option as a verizon customer of many many years to either remove or block this ad.  The homepage I am refering too is http://headlines.verizon.com/headlines/portals/headlines.portal

Thank You

prisaz

Provide bundle pricing for existing customers wishing to make changes.

by on ‎04-30-2011 08:10 AM - last edited on ‎06-02-2011 12:24 PM by Admin Emeritus

Provide easy to view bundle pricing for existing customers. Make your standard bundle rates available for existing customers.

Then if you wish to give some type of loyal customer discount fine.

Don't play the same type of hide the real price that all your competition does. I have NEVER gone to Comcast and seen the real bundle price. DTV is second to you in providing the actual cost. But in some ways is more open. You know if you are existing customer you would pay this. But you are a new customer so you pay this. I am sure many existing customers would like this idea, and would have a much higher level of trust in Verizon.

Examples:

25/25 Extreme no voice.

35/35 Ultimate no voice.

Or any bundle available to a new customer. What would it costs us existing customers? If we want to cut back on services because of financial issues, it is almost impossible without a threat. That is a very sad state of affairs considering today's economy! I have almost always come to some type satisfactory outcome with Verizon or I would not be around. But like I said it should not require this amount of effort!

How do I start this?  Ok.

I was a brighthouse customer.  Being a brighthouse customer, I had access to wifi hotspots that brighthouse had installed all over the place here where I live.  Since I had a brighthouse account, I was able to log into those hotspots using my account login/password combo and utilize these brighthouse owned hotspots.

Now I have Verizon and all of the hotspots that they say you can connect to actually belong to businesses so unless I want to walk from the marina to downlown to access a spot, I am out of luck.

Why can't verizon install some hotspots that we can actually use.  Wifi hotspots was a big selling point right up until the time when I found out that they are only listing hotspots that I could have used for free anyway because the business has it set up for my use.

Big deal.  Put some connections on the telephone poles like brighthouse or however they are doing it.  You can even charge those people without an account for time usage like brighthouse does.

How disappointing to find out that this big selling point was really nothing more than something I could have accessed anyway. 

CharlesMartin

Slow running script on home page

by CharlesMartin on ‎04-30-2011 03:38 AM

My Verizon home page takes forever to load. You people have made it progressively slower over the last month, apparently with turgid code and endless expansion of features. Now, when I point Internet Explorer to my Verizon home page, after about a minute of cranking away on SOMETHING, it tells me there is a slow running script that, if I allow it to keep running, may make my computer unresponsive. THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO AGGRAVATE ME!

Here's my idea: make your dad-gum home page USEABLE! Trim off the junk. I don't need to see my account status. I don't need to be asked if I want to install your toolbar. FIX IT NOW!!!!!

Charles Martin

Please allow customers to setup a plain simple e-mail alert notification about usage of the World Plan minutes.

For example I would love to get an e-mail notification when I get closer to the World Plan allowance limit, or a daily e-mail notification about used minutes.

Thank you!

we are currently working towards making the usage information more accurate for Verizon customers. We will provide an update as we progress.
luvol88

PAPERLESS BILLING

by luvol88 on ‎04-29-2011 08:02 AM - last edited on ‎05-25-2011 09:43 AM by Admin Emeritus

Would love to go into paperless billing, however, would only consider it if Verizon would pass on the savings of paper, printing and postage to their customers. As customers switch to paperless, mainly for environmental reasons, I don't see Verizon reducing their rates due to the savings mentioned above.

nascar

CBC and TSN from Canada

by on ‎04-28-2011 04:12 PM

Please add CBC and TSN from Canada

adkrasinski2

HD Channels and improved features?

by adkrasinski2 on ‎04-28-2011 10:41 AM - last edited on ‎06-09-2011 11:40 AM by Admin Emeritus

Right now, FiOS shows actors names that are in the movies, however I think they should add the commentators names that are broadcasting the sports event. Also include the sideline reports names.

Another thing is adding more HD channels:

• FiOS1 HD
  • Bloomberg Television HD
  • CBS Sports Network HD
  • CNBC HD
  • CNN Headline News HD
  • CNN International News HD
  • E! HD
  • ESPN CLS HD (ESPN Classic HD)
  • FearNet HD
  • Fuel HD
  • HLN HD (Headlines HD)
  • G4 HD
  • MTV 2 HD
  • MTV Hits HD
  • NECN HD
  • NESN Plus HD
  • Nickelodeon 2 HD
  • Nick Jr. HD
  • SNY HD
  • Style HD
  • TV One HD
THE ONLY WAY THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS IF YOU VOTE!!! SO PLEASE VOTE!!!
also duplicate for several

We appreciate, if VZ can add the South Indian Telugu Channels to FIOS TV line up. Such as Gemini TV, MAA TV, TV9, TEJA TV, ETV.

There are large Telugu population around DC metro area of Verizon service area. This will attract considerable to new FIOS TV subscribers to VZ.

you know what i wish fios had?

a program such as "the cutting edge" which directv administers over at the dbstalk forums. they are constantly putting out new beta builds. it's kind of like being on the dev (or even canary) channel of chrome. and it's completely opt-in. it's always announced on the forums when a new build will be "in the stream" and a user can choose to manually force a reset during a specified time period. the time periods are always at way off peak hours such as 11pm - 2am est on a friday and saturday night.

you want the newest features and what not? and you're not afraid of some bugs? go ahead and reboot your box in the time window and bingo bango. you're good to go. if you don't like the beta, simple solution! you just reboot your box during normal hours when the latest national release candidate is back "in the stream."

oh my goodness, if only verizon would adopt such an idea!

Test Track has existed since 2007. It has over 10,000 customers and we constantly run beta tests. Usually 3-4 per year.

www.verizon.com/testtrack

problematic

Automated payments upgrade

by problematic on ‎04-27-2011 05:59 PM

Please consider adding a delayed payment option to the automated payment system. This IS an option, but it is very difficult to reach a customer service representative to set it up. My bank routing information was on file, but getting to your rep was nearly impossible and VERY frustrating. Thank you.

prisaz

Show your stuff. Spring Storms underground fiber or over head fiber.

by on ‎04-27-2011 05:41 PM - last edited on ‎05-25-2011 10:27 AM by Admin Emeritus

With underground fiber or overhead fiber, for reliability Verizon is the way to go. Do you want your service to work when your neighbors cable is out? Not to mention if you have all three services on coax. Sorry I have power and Verizon has power, why are all your services down?

How about a technology video tour? Commercial? See how much more advance our Passive Optical Networks are, and Fiber Solutions Centers are, compared to the other guys? Have a storm have power still have FiOS. Now look at the poor cable customers that have power accross the street and no technology because their network is not passive back to the CO. Have you ever seen those green boxes on a power poles with the red light? Well how many of those are between you and your service. Last big storm we had, some of my cable customers asked how I still had service? I said, "I have FiOS, the power is at my house and at Verizon". "Not on every other pole between here and wherever". Go with the most reliable, go with FiOS

jrmnewtonma

Time marker in INFO screen

by jrmnewtonma on ‎04-27-2011 08:40 AM

Add a numeric indicator to the elapsed time marker in the INFO screen showing the time in the show (or how many minutes have elapsed) where the marker is located.  For example when watching a show that started at 3 PM and runs to 4 PM the start and end times are shown at the beginning and end of the time line. However, if the show is paused and then play resumes it is not possible to know how far behind the actual running time the show is playing.  This is not a problem when watching recorded shows since the amount played shows at the beginning of the time line and the amount remaining shows at the end of the time line.

jmunshi

A disappointing start

by jmunshi on ‎04-26-2011 08:02 PM

I contacted one of your Live Chat representatives earlier tonight to help me with some questions I had regarding FiOS. (I have been contemplating switching from Time Warner to FiOS.) The representative was very patient and helpful...kudos to him. Unfortunately, the experience was marred by the persistence of the rep that I sign up right away, in spite of my repeatedly stating that I needed some time to think about it. I eventually asked him if he worked on commission. He said that he did, and that the only way he'd get credit for my order is if I signed up on the spot. If this is true, I am disappointed with Verizon. A policy that subjects both your sales representatives and potential (future) customers to such pressure does not present a service-friendly atmosphere. My interest in switching from Time Warner Cable to Verizon FiOS is not so much a financial consideration, as it is for the more considerate customer service that FiOS supposedly offers. Tonight's chat experience damaged that expectation somewhat.

P. S. I tried to send this through the customer satisfaction window at the end of the chat session, but got truncated because it was too long. I hope this reaches someone at Verizon.

Hello:

I have submitted this idea before and have not been able to receive confirmaiton if it is being considered. The Weather Channel now has Local Forecasts available for the HD channel - many of us only watch HD channels and expecting us to tune to the SD channels just for a two minute forecast is ridiculous considering Veriozn's advertisements of it's superior network. 

Please add this not only as a convenience but also as a potential safety concern. If a serious weather issue affects our local area, having this info / warning could save lives. Since the typical viewer only tunes here for brief periods, this is essential and easy to add. Please advise status - thanks

On this list, but probably not for this year.
0 Votes

Sorry to send out a duplicate message, but...

I posted an idea on March 21 concerning why Verizon takes some channels away that are available in the Prime Package when you subscribe to the Extreme Package.  A "prime" example of this is the Hallmark Movie Channel, which is offered in the Prime and Ultimate Packages but not Extreme.

I did receive a response that the Product Manager would take a look at this but that it may take some time.

I see that this person has not responded yet, so I was just wondering if someone, anyone, at Verizon, would be able to answer this question.  I have called customer service numerous times over this issue, but they do not have that information.  This seems like the best place to get a straight answer.

Basically, if I pay more money for a higher tier (Extreme), I should get all of the channels offered in the lower tiers (in this case, Prime), plus additional channels.  If I want the deleted channels bad enough, I should not have to decide whether to downgrade to a lower tier and lose other channels that I like or have to pay more to go to a higher tier. 

Again, I apologize in advance, but I was hoping someone could give me an answer on how this ever was allowed to happen and if it will be corrected?  And why was this done to only a few specific channels?  Thanks.

I am still crafting a response to your original approach... this stuff seems on the surface like it should be easy cheesy... but the math and contracts are enough to make your head explode...

Add a button or link to be able to download the call log into an Excel, TSV, or CSV format.  Going through 10 pages of a log and copying and pasting can become a bit tiresome.  Another helpful feature would be to provide search/filtering on the log.

Great ideas! We will look into with our next set of enhancements.
RobC

AirPlay on FiOS STB

by RobC on ‎04-26-2011 08:04 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:53 AM by Admin Emeritus

I’ve downloaded the iPhone FiOS app and it lets me AirPlay my iPhone photos into my 52’’ flat screen though my FiOS STB, which means that it is technically possible. Why not have an AirPlay widget available for the FiOS STB? I would love to have this feature but really don’t want to buy an Apple TV. I’m assuming that Apple would change FiOS for the AirPlay license; if that’s the case you could pass along that cost to the customers that install this widget – I wouldn’t mind paying for the AirPlay widget.

Do you literally mean "Airplay" from Apple... or the generic function of slinging from a mobile device to the TV screen?
pmpknface

NESN Plus

by pmpknface on ‎04-26-2011 07:20 AM

Hello!  One channel that New England seems to be lacking is NESN Plus, as it's not on regular or HD.  Right now if the Bruins have a playoff game the Red Sox game is moved over to NESN Plus and FiOS doesn't carry that channel!  :smileysad:

I am so tired of having someone bang on my door insistently, ring the bell, bang again...to find out it is someone trying to sell me Verizon. As my user name suggests, I am a URI fan - especially men's hoops. Although I have season tickets, I like to watch the away games on TV or home games if I cannot make it....and of course, I cannot watch locally televised games on Verizon.

I will admit Cox is getting pricey, but when I am ready to change, I will contact Verizon. In the meantime I do not want your agents banging on my door, running to the back to see if I am out in the backyard, doing the same to my neighbors and I do not want those stupid snail mails desz\igned to look like USPS or FedEx priority mail.

Quite honestly, I did price a package with Verizon a couple of years ago and it was no cheaper than Cox...your ads sound good but for someone who wants the complete digital lineup, it was about $5 cheaper - which is simply nor worth it.

Please respect people when they tell you they do not want your product. Allow us our quite time at home at the very least! Your agents tactics are beyond annoying and one day I suspect (if it has not happened already ) someone will call to report an intruder is in their neighbor's backyard.

iluvink

Verizon Web Site

by iluvink on ‎04-24-2011 04:08 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 08:41 AM by Admin Emeritus

Without a doubt, the Verizon web site is one of the most difficult to navigate, especially the forums and blogs.  I left a reply to a positing, and now I have no way to find it.  I realize that the is so much information and features, but really, does it have to require an IT degree to just to browse, and get back to a place that you were before. I wish that I could be specific,  but just overall, the web is just too crowded and convoluted.  Don't get me wrong, I am not web ignorant, but the layout and navigation of a web site can go a long way to making it easier for any user to access.  Please just simplify it.

If you do have any specific feedback on ways we could improve, we would definitely like to hear it.

Hi It would be great if you guys had a bundle that includes Verizon fios internet and verizon 4g or 3g service

When submitting a request vie the online e-mail support portal, I get a confirmation e-mail containing a tracking number.

Currently, the only important part is the tracking number and privacy statement. This is incomplete.

(About 80% of the message contains promotional content about the referral program and perks, which are really off-topic to the support request. Well, if marketing tells you to include this, I am OK with it, but don't leave out the important parts, see below)

IDEA:

The confirmation e-mail should include the entire submitted support request for my records and review.

This way I can re-read it and make sure there are no mistakes or ambiguities.

(Out of habit, I copied and pasted my request to a google doc before submission, but that should not be necessary.)

sa21

Greek International Programming

by sa21 on ‎04-24-2011 06:57 AM

What are the chances that you can add MEGA Comos and ALPHA SAT to your greek lineup.  MEGA is currently on Cablevision and was on Directv, and ALPHA is currently on DISH Network.  A response is greatly appreciated.

Lots of international channels on the way
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements