• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 04-08-2012 - 04-14-2012

kjdiorio

MLB Strike Zone Channel

by kjdiorio on ‎04-12-2012 12:51 PM

Please add this new channel, baseball's version of NFL Red Zone!  http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120410&content_id=28317016

There are many times i'm watching TV on another floor than my husband, and I'd love to get a quick message to him downstairs. I normally have a sleeping baby in my arms at the time, so I can't yell or get up. Using the SEARCH feature keyboard, I'd love to be able to send a message to the "LIVING ROOM" box quietly. Just a thought.....

Dianabobana

DVR settings

by Dianabobana on ‎04-11-2012 11:44 PM - last edited on ‎06-22-2012 03:46 PM by Moderator

Hello, I was looking around on my DVR. I have a lot of small 30 minute shows recorded on my DVR. And on the main DVR where the shows are recorded, if you click 'OK' on the folder with all the same shows, there is a 'PLAY ALL' option, so it plays all of the shows in that folder one by one. But I watch most of my shows in the other room on my other TV. And when I click 'OK' on the same folder on the other TV, nothing happens, there is no options, so I can only use the 'PLAY ALL' on the main tv. I was hoping that there could be some kind of small update to the DVR that would allow you to have a 'PLAY ALL' option in any room. Thank you. :smileyvery-happy:

davidtx

IMG: Add Record option to a specific Upcoming Shows screen

by davidtx ‎04-11-2012 08:22 AM - edited ‎04-11-2012 08:51 AM

For those users who have the Multi-room DVR and use a non-DVR STB and want to record a future dated show, please add a Record option to a specific Upcoming Shows screen.

Adding Record to this screen would save the user navigation time versus the two workarounds.

Requested change:

1) press Info (twice)

2) select Upcoming Shows

3) select a future dated show and press OK  (add Record to this screen).

(currently only Set Reminder is displayed)

Two current workarounds:

a) press Info

b) press Options

c) select Upcoming Shows

d) press >  (right arrow)

e) select a future dates showing

f) Info screen is displayed then user can select Record

or

a) find the desired future dated show in the Guide (time consuming if show time unknown)

b) press OK or Info

c) select Record

chipchristian

Self-support for Remote DVR

by chipchristian on ‎04-11-2012 04:53 AM - last edited on ‎04-13-2012 06:02 PM by Moderator

Periodically Remote DVR via the web stops working for me.  Rebooting the router and DVR do not fix it and I have to get support involved.  It would be nice if there was something I could do by myself to fix this situation.

DonM

Fios Apps for Adroid Tablets

by DonM on ‎04-09-2012 07:38 PM

Currently most of your apps only work for android mobile devices.  Is their a reason these apps are not available on adroid tablets as well?

Great News! FiOS App for Android tablet is now available. Available nationwide be end of day. Additional details can be found here: http://vz.to/13y0PQr
eweiser

Allow customer to control recording destination when using eSATA external drive

by eweiser ‎04-09-2012 05:32 PM - edited ‎04-10-2012 06:21 AM

Greetings, Verizon Idea Exchange:

Here are my ideas for new features of the Veriizon FiOS DVR, when using an external eSATA drive:

1. New setting allowing the user to specify whether the external (eSATA) or internal (local) drive is the primary/default for scheduled or individual recordings.

See http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/other hardware/esata/129841.htm, which includes the following:

“Once connected, all recordings automatically record on your eSATA device until it is full or disconnected from the DVR. Once your eSATA device has reached recording capacity, additional programs then record to the hard drive of your DVR.”

This new feature would make it possible for the customer  to permanently remove the external drive, once its content has been viewed and/or deleted. Otherwise, the customer is not only stuck with content on the external drive, but also the inability to prevent additional scheduled or manually selected recordings from being added to the external drive while the customer is trying to "catch up" with unviewed recordings.

2. New setting allowing the user to specify whether the external or internal drive is used for "caching" the currently selected station (tuner channel).

This new feature would alleviate the need for constant disk access of the external drive, when not set as the "cache."

3. New setting allowing the user to specify whether a specific program or series is to be recorded on the internal or external drive.

4. New ability for the user to move content between external and internal drives.

Thank you.

kirky

add Person of Interest to VOD

by kirky on ‎04-09-2012 12:45 PM

i wish you'd add CBS  Person of Interest to VOD

boom4u

Router Firmware update page

by boom4u on ‎04-08-2012 11:53 PM

I bought the Actiontec WI424wr GEN 3 (Gig E wireless N) router from verizon... This router is not listed on the router firmware page hosted by verizon, all other routers are listed there from verizon except this one. How about you update the site to include 40.19.22 firmware for the router you sell. This would be an easy idea to implement.

I clicked the router firmware update button and it downgraded me to 40.19.20...  I purchased this router and now im stuck because verizon doesnt have this firmware on their page. Thanks

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements