Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 05-06-2012 - 05-12-2012

Kenboy

Get the low-def junk off of On Demand

by on ‎05-12-2012 01:55 PM

It's 2012. Why is On Demand's tv section littered with so much low-def content? Why are certain things ONLY in low-def? (the last episode of The Voice, for instance, #220, only appears to be in low-def.) This is pathetic.

Pandemonium

Verizon Privacy Policy

by Pandemonium on ‎05-12-2012 09:15 AM

To be clear: I have done a search on this and your search engine finds nothing.

Verizon's Privacy Policy is not unlike others but I resent the hypocracy of it. While profession a concern for customer privacy you assume that you can share customer information with other entities (related to Version or not) and provide a cumbersome method to "opt-out". If you really care about customer privacy you would assume "no sharing" while allowing the customer to "opt-in".

Change your policy to assume customers do not want your to share any information of theirs with anyone.

prisaz

Make the Wifi remote work without needing to go out on the Verizon network and back.

by on ‎05-12-2012 06:59 AM - last edited on ‎05-12-2012 07:54 AM by Moderator

PLEASE

We need this just to work locally.

The app seems like the remote DVR, where it goes out to Verizon servers and then back you your STB. Why not IP to the router Wifi and then directly to the box. Not to Verizon and back to a gateway not found error. Or STB/DVR not communicating.

Just like the PC remote program that I asked for that could be loaded on your work station or laptop that uses Wifi or hardwired ethernet and would be direct from your computer to the STB or DVR. A user could sit at the couch and do searches with a full size PC, or laptop size keyboard. This would even take load off of the Verizon servers.

Why should Wifi not have a local connect feature where it does not require to be routed through Verizon's servers?

If WiFi is the standard for you, make it work without going out to the Verizon network and back. I tried my iPhone and it did not work without connecting to the verizon network, even though I entered the correct number provided on the screen.

All the apps or programs act like your are tring to do everything from outside your house from another State. NO it should be a simple thing for it to go IP through the router straight to the box. All you would need for the local option is to add the STB ID number and code to scan the local network for the ID. Bing you have it and everyone that wants a local RF remote would have it with just a tweek of your code.

Not part of your media software, but the remote software offered for the phones that could be used via wifi. And if possible the same program compiled for a PC..

This would also allow you to have two boxes sitting side by side and controlled seperately. Where the IR remote does not.

Hey Prisaz- I'll make sure the proper team within Verizon sees this. Thanks!
reenathome

Verizon TV Ad

by reenathome on ‎05-11-2012 02:53 PM

I have to say I am so sick of those two blubbering women on your TV ad.  Please stop!!!!  It is so aggravating and if I'm taking the time to sign up and write about it, I'm sure there are thousands of people who hate it.  Sorry I couldn't find a category for complaining so I just picked one.

kl521

More Mandarin channels??

by kl521 on ‎05-11-2012 12:09 PM

I recently transfer my triple play services from time warner cable due to high monthly charge (from $150 promotion rate to regular rate of $215). I enjoyed Fios' internet speed as well as the quality of HD programming. However, the Chinese package I subscribed from fios really can't compete with the service I used to subscribed from time warner nor dish network. For $16 I can only get three mandarin channels from Fios and there is only one channel from taiwan (rarely watch channels from mainland china). Although I can get more taiwanese channels from other web based provider, but that has to sign up with annual contract, which prevent me from purchasing it.

Would you plan to add more taiwanese channel in the near future?

KenEhrsam

Enhance online dvr scheduling

by KenEhrsam on ‎05-11-2012 10:35 AM

MIgrate all scheduling capability to the online version such as the ability to extend a show end time.  there are times when i know a show will start late or end late and there is no ability to extend if you are not in front of the dvr.  there are probably other functions on the dvr that could also be migrated.

prisaz

Need a delete message option for a post.

by on ‎05-11-2012 09:16 AM

Need a delete message option, it the message is still available for editing, we should also be able to delete it. Unless perhaps it has been replied to, or for other reasons Verizon would have against this option. There have been a limited number of times I have decided I did not want to post that, or it is something I wanted to post later perhaps, the user must edit it, and leave it blank, or full it with something unrelated or misc. trash.

batman2120

Sports Time Ohio - WNY Market

by batman2120 on ‎05-11-2012 09:07 AM

Please consider adding Sports Time Ohio to the Western NY FiOS market (Buffalo, NY).  This channel is offered by satellite providers - I am strongly considering switching in order to view this programming.

mpeschke

More German/European Channels

by mpeschke on ‎05-11-2012 07:53 AM

How about more german/european channels:

My Sports Germany 

Euronews 

German Kino Plus 

My German TV

mpeschke

Fox shows under Hulu the next day

by mpeschke on ‎05-11-2012 07:39 AM

Hi:

Here a suggestion:

Maybe you could make it possible that Verizon TV customer can see the FOX shows a day after they are aired on Hulu.  Dish Network has something like that for their customer.

Martin

ricster52

Channel Layout

by ricster52 on ‎05-10-2012 02:59 PM

Just switched over from Directv and I find the Channel layout for FIOS much more confusing and frustrating. The Directv channels eliminate the duplicate Std and HD channels (you can select what you want) and the channels are grouped in a much more intuitive order. Are there plans to update the FIO channel layout.

Is this the most annoying, stupidest, grating and insulting commercial on TV today?  What is Verizon thinking!!?? I immediatelly go looking for the remote to turn the channel. If I was an advertiser, I would not let them play this in front of my own commercial. This commercial makes me HATE verizon for treating me as if I was stupid, and makes me think about changing carrier next time my contract is up. At least the TMobile girl is attractive and un-annoying.

0 Votes
rwtx63

Maintain Quality

by rwtx63 on ‎05-10-2012 05:57 AM

I have been a Fios Customer for almost 8 years, Now I have 5 set top boxes that are flaky and go in and out constantly, My "Router" locks up just about every day, My NID is Goes in and out when it feels like it. I had great service at one point and now my equipment is old. Verizon will not just "update" without a financial reason so I will switch to TWC for 1 year and then switch back to get new equipment. This will end up costing VZ more than if they just switched out my equipment, As I will not accept outdated equipment when I sign back up.

dj_mcintosh

eSATA Multiplier

by dj_mcintosh on ‎05-09-2012 05:27 PM

Allow DVR eSATA port to be attached to a eSATA multiplier in order to hook up multiple DVR extenders in order to increase storage capacity.

RBM3

24 hour news and weather station

by RBM3 on ‎05-09-2012 11:27 AM

I have been a Verizon fios full package user for a few years now. I had switched from Bright House. However there is one thing that they have that I feel Verizon should start up and  that is a station like Bay News 9. I was told when I switched that this was on the horizon but it does not appear to be that way. Is a station like Bay News 9 in the planning stages and if so when will it happen?

I know that we are in the US, and that companies are just trying to do the extra effort of offering Customer Support in a "foreign" language (Spanish), although this country has more than 60 million Hispanics. My wife recently contacted your TV Services Support Center and afterwards we received and email in Spanish that is plagued with grammar and spelling mistakes. I would expect Verizon, a multibillion dollar company, to at least hire a good Spanish speaking editor to revise your communications with clients. I highlighted the must obvious ones (not mentioning all the "acentos" - á, é, í, ó, ú- that are missing)...Verizon E-Mail

Cyberkrinn

Mass Delete of Emails

by Cyberkrinn on ‎05-09-2012 07:46 AM - last edited on ‎05-11-2012 03:52 PM by Moderator

It would be really great if Verizon's webmail offered a "delete all" option so that we can delete emails "en masse" instead of screen by screen.  So much more efficient that way and not unheard of...plenty of other web-based email programs do it.

Thanks!

This disabled feature just seems odd. Please allow me to pause video when I am in the guide or menu!
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
HelpMs

Fast forward closed captioning

by HelpMs on ‎05-08-2012 06:40 PM
Ok, I'm new to fios and I'm learning that TiVo is a superior product in many ways. Please enable closed captioning in the first fast forward which I could do on my directv TiVo box. When you are watching a slow or drawn out program. You can see when conversation starts again. Please. Missing this feature immensely. I like to watch tv fast and this was a feature that allowed it.
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll get it in front of the proper team within Verizon.
HelpMs

Parental controls time out

by HelpMs on ‎05-08-2012 06:35 PM
New to fios an missing MANY features of my precious carrier. Please enable a time out for parental controls. When I enter the code for a show allow it to time out for a certain amount of time. I can't believe you have to renter the code for each show! Please fix ASAP.
0 Votes
flyinspageti

Offer Fios in Dorchester, MA 02343

by flyinspageti on ‎05-08-2012 09:24 AM

Fios should already be available in Dorchester, MA 02125. There are many multiple family homes which means there will be many potential customers without having to spend a ton of money running cables like you may have to in more rural areas. My friend in Holbrook, MA 02343 has fios and I don't see why that area would be offered fios before the more densely populated areas. I don't want to have to support comcast because I had bad expiriences with them in the past but they are the only ones who offer good interent in my area. The 3.1-7mbs down just is not good enough to stream content to and from sites like twitch.tv. 

You have a long list of features (call forwarding, caller id block etc) that you can click on for a description.. but amazingly, the command to invoke these features (such as *72) are just not there!!  Only for *69 because that is the name.  How can it be that you don't have a list of all the star commands available and prominently posted on your support website?!?!

In particular, I was looking for conditional call forwarding.  You call it forwarding when busy/no answer.  Only one of your customer support agents knew what I was talking about after multiple multiple calls and gave me the code (*92).  I found the description of it buried on your website after looking forever... but it didn't give the code (*92)!!

This should be published!!  Actually, you should allow this option in the options page.  it is more useful than the option you do have to forward certain numbers..  REALLY Verizon.

Comcast has voicemail transcription.  Verizon sales people said you have it too but you don't.  So I need to forward my unanswered calls to google voice because they offer the voice transcription.  I finally did it successfully after hours of research because you didn't list the star code!!  Please fix this!!  And teach your agents!!

I have referred this to our Verizon.com programmers to improve the search results to better provide links to the star codes list for both copper and FiOS Digital Voice.
archaeo

Get more on-demand shows.

by archaeo on ‎05-07-2012 07:00 PM

It seems there are less or fewer good on-demand TV show options.   Also, it seems like it's down more than functioning.  Are others finding this to be true as well? Also, I've been waiting for Chat on Line for over 30 minutes and the time keeps going up- not down.

cant wait for apple tv so I can cancel your terrible product. Fios tv is nothing but a bait and switch, yoru customer servies is terrible, you dont have a chat line or its not available when you need it. Just like tonight trying to order HBO series and it says unable to process request try again later. Verizon will be the biggest short stock post the apple

I'm sorry for your frustrations! If you're having a specific issue with ordering HBO, please create a thread here in the forums: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/bd-p/FiOS_TV_Entertainment
qijdraco

DVR Recording Type option

by qijdraco on ‎05-07-2012 04:01 PM

It would be very helpful if you could select the order of recording formats that the DVR would use when you select All formats on all channels.  Right now the DVR will usually record a show in low def if it exists in low and high def.  To me it would be better for it to record in high def before low because most people that have HD would prefer to see a show in HD.

Another way to handle the same problem would be to allow selecting "All, Hd prefered" or "All, Sd prefered" or "All, 3D prefered".

qijdraco

Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure this gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
0 Votes

Quick quote from http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Consumer-Groups-Protest-Verizons-Murder-of-Standalone-DSL-119327

"the practice of tying broadband service to other services prevents consumer choice, limits consumers from porting telephone numbers, and essentially forces consumers to purchase local services they do not want – either because they have a wireless option or because they prefer to use VoIP or other alternatives. The net effect is to act as a drag on the adoption of broadband and new IP technologies as well as alternative, competitive voice options by making other standalone services economically unattractive."

Not accecptable, Verion.

Allow users to get dry loop DSL, and stop being so anti-competitive and anti-consumer.

Thanks.

Pop1

Traffic Widget

by Pop1 on ‎05-07-2012 05:23 AM

I may be in the minority on this issue but the ever since the software update a few months ago the traffic widget has never been the same. I use this widget extensively since I find myself on the highway many days. They took away the ability to change zip codes right on the same screen (like on the weather widget) and the information that is given appears to be missing major information and in most cases starts in mid-sentence. Leaving out the name of the roadway. It renders the traffic widget unusable. Most of the time you will see a message that states "exit 53 is closed from 9 PM to 5 AM". Where/ What highway? Loved the old way. It gave you information on every major road encompassing, NYC, Long Island, Rockland, Westchester  and New Jersey roads. Many days there is no data. Called many times but received no real information on what is happening. Please go back to the original widget programming.  The major competition in our area Optimum Cable still has their channel focused on weather and traffic with no issues.

So sorry you're having a bad experience with the widget. I'll alert the proper team within Verizon.
0 Votes
humpty

Remote and Interactive mode

by humpty on ‎05-06-2012 02:59 PM

The 'FIOS TV' button jumps to lve TV on a DVR device if one has been rewinding a program.  It also activates interactive apps.  It shouldn't do both on the same press.  When not showing 'live' TV, it should just jump forward.  It should only start the app when live TV is playing.

Tearuup

HD Channel Request

by Tearuup on ‎05-06-2012 12:42 PM

I would like to see the DYI channel in HD.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools