• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 06-19-2011 - 06-25-2011

missionpilot

Passwords

by missionpilot on ‎06-25-2011 12:23 PM

It would be great if Verizon would allow users to use special characters in their account passwords.

evcard

DVR Sub Folders and Change Displayed Name for On Screen Caller ID

by evcard ‎06-25-2011 10:53 AM - edited ‎06-25-2011 10:56 AM

Would like to be able to change what the name is that is displayed on my On-Screen Caller ID, sometimes it will just say Wireless Caller, would like an option to change that to the persons name so I know who is actually calling, maybe display what is defined in my contacts on My Verizon for that number.

Also would like an option to break up DVR recordings into sub folders by who in the family they are for, so I can easily find recordings for my kids.

Perfectly valid suggestions... probably not candidates for the next 1-2 software releases.
PUPUSA

CANCEL A SCHEDULED PAYMENT ONLINE

by PUPUSA on ‎06-25-2011 06:45 AM

I made a SCHEDULED payment ONLINE on a Saturday for the payment to be withdrawn from my account the following Tuesday. However, the date that I scheduled the payment for was NOT the date that popped up on the confirmation sheet/email.  Perhaps Verizon can make it so that customers can cancel and correct the payment dates and/or amounts ONLINE, therefore eliminating the symptoms of high blood pressure because a customer has to worry about the payment going through for a date it wasn't scheduled for.

locomanjim

home cell that can go on the road!

by locomanjim on ‎06-23-2011 05:43 PM

Ok here is the idea. In my home I can not use cell phones unless I am outside or on the 3rd floor. how about a cell phone that sits in a cradle to charge and get phone calls but the cradle connects to the home phone wire type system so You have one phone number whether your home or away! PS I need this NOW ! TY

nunes808

One mans thought

by nunes808 on ‎06-23-2011 03:04 PM

I got an idea!

Hows about gettting the people who designed the forums activation website to work on your actual website.  It was much easier to sign up, create an account and login then it is for me to find a contact number to call someone regarding pricing and ordering new service.  Make it easier for people to contact you and you just might have more business....just a thought.  I have 10 years in IT and your current website navigation is lacking imho...if im having trouble hows about the techy potential customers?  I imagine they will look someplace else such as I where its much easier to get my questions answered.  The old saying if you won't service your customers someone else will -Napoleon Hill

I am a huge college football fan who used to play $5/month extra for sports programming during football season, which gave me CBS College Sports (now CBS Sports Network), the Fox College Sports Networks, and some others.

Once the lineups changed to Prime/Extreme/Ultimate last year, however, I found that all of these channels were in the "Ultimate" package that was beyond my budget.  

Recently, the Fox College Sports networks showed up in the "Extreme" lineup (in SD).

I'd like to request that CBS College Sports also show up in the "Extreme" lineup as well - at a bare minimum the SD version.

CBS College Sports broadcasts a multitude of different sporting events that interest me: Patriot League games, Army/Navy football games, and a host of college basketball regular-season games from around the country.  I would think if the Fox stations are deemed worthy of the "Extreme" tier, CBS Sports Network should be too.

Lee_FL

Video conferencing service for FIOS...

by Lee_FL on ‎06-23-2011 08:41 AM

Verizon FIOS should either develop or partner with a another company to bring video conferencing service to FIOS customers. It would be similar to Cisco Umi.

I envision it would work something like this:

1. FIOS customer signs up for service (Paid service)

2. Customer either purchases from Verizon or provides HD USB video camera that connects to the the Verizon HD set top box

Both ends of the video conference would have to have Verizon Video service. Verizon could charge by minute, by call, or flat rate.

This would be a big incentive for families and friends to have Verizon FIOS.

It would also be a good selling point and contend with the Cisco Umi which has recently come to market. The Cisco Umi uses about 3 Mbps bandwidth, so if a customer is going to use that type of bandwidth on Verizon's network, Verizon should get paid for by providing their own service.

Lee Cooper, loyal Verizon customer

Agreed it is cool...

Enhanced Locate Me / Call Forwarding:

Please enhance the Locate Me feature to include specific numbers.This is similar to the Call forwarding feature, but it would ring at home first, then the next number in line, but only for specified numbers.

This could also be done in the Call Forwarding area, if it could be modified to forward after a certain number of rings. -Again, this would be for specified numbers, not all of them.

Thanks for the idea. We'll investigate with our next round of enhancements.

I notice you have the I Heart Radio App in the widget section. How about adding the TuneIn Radio App to receive the rest of the radio stations out there? I Heart Radio is only clear channel radio stations but TuneIn Radio gets the rest. I use it on my Andriod phone and I think it would only compliment the I Heart Radio App. Thanks. James from Westerly, RI.

We have one more radio app in the hopper, but it's not TuneIn Radio... once that one is launched... we'll see if it makes sense to add even more...
Tulsa

Create a new bundle.

by Tulsa on ‎06-22-2011 10:33 PM

I want to know why Verizon doesn’t offer a specific bundle for internet, tv, and cell phones. House phones are becoming obsolete. We need good offers for this. Lets get rid of the house phones and just use cell phones.

FiOS TV has created a separate channel lineup for eastern Riverside County, CA (Coachella Valley area around Palm Springs-Rancho Mirage) that is different from the FiOS channel lineup that serves Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, and western Riverside counties (the Southern California area lineup card).  When KCET Los Angeles dropped out of the PBS system on January 1, 2011, its role as the PBS flagship station for LA, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura Counties was transferred to KOCE Huntington Beach in a joint press release by KOCE and PBS national HQ in Washington, DC. Southern California lineup FiOS customers were able to continue watching all PBS programs by watching KOCE Huntington Beach.  Coachella Valley PBS customers on FiOS were left in the dark, since KOCE is not offered by FiOS in the Coachella Valley area.  Time Warner Cable viewers in the Coachella Valley are able to watch all their PBS programs, because TWC promptly added KOCE to their channel lineup in January 2011 in the channel position previously assigned to KCET, and bumped KCET to channel 140.  To date, Verizon FiOS has not caught up with Time Warner, and still does not carry KOCE for Coachella Valley viewers.  The only PBS affiliate station offered to FiOS viewers in the Coachella Valley is KVCR San Bernardino, whose budget is too small to carry the major PBS shows like PBS NewsHour, only available on KOCE.  Help!  Please give Coacella Valley FiOS customers a full-service PBS affiliate, which is KOCE (now known as PBSSoCal).

borgy

Adjust all show times for time zones

by borgy on ‎06-21-2011 11:16 PM

The Daily Show and Colbert Report are on at 11pm in New York but I am in California..  When I had Directv I could watch those shows at 8PM Pacific Time.  Now, however, the show at 11pm Pacific.   Other shows broadcast in Eastern Time usually play 3 hours earlier here in LA.   Why cannot I get the Daily Show 3 hours earlier than Eastern Time also.  It seems that these are the only shows I've run into that do that.  Que pasa?  Why not adjust all shows for the time zone of the subscriber?

Joeg679

Ability to stop recording from iPhone app

by on ‎06-21-2011 08:40 PM

I was recording 2 shows at 8pm tonight and wanted to record something else to record while I was at the gym.  I saw on one of the tv's at the gym that the segment that I wanted to see, on one of the shows, was over so I decided to stop recording it, but could only delete it, not just stop it, in order to record the 3rd show.  I don't think I am missing anything and I do think it would be a good idea to have the ability to simply stop recording a show or movie and have whatever recorded, saved on the dvr. 

tiggetytiger

fios tv content

by tiggetytiger on ‎06-21-2011 06:48 PM - last edited on ‎06-22-2011 12:48 PM by Admin Emeritus

i would like to see fios have westchester news. there are alot of people in westchester county who would love to see what is going on in their own neighborhood. also internatinatonal news as well cable has a station where you can watch whats going on overseas. that would be great consider this option please i hope the big heads of verizon read these request that people write that are a big concern for the customers of verizon. thank you

Not sure if I consider myself a big head... but I'm the exec responsible for FiOS TV products and I read each and every post... as well as respond to them (with words like this and with incorporating the ideas into FiOS TV)
topcat

ON DEMAND BROWSE ALL menu's

by topcat on ‎06-20-2011 09:46 PM

In the ON DEMAND,   Browse All menu I keep getting

Kids Zone

Aniston & Snadlet

Whats hot

Flexview

Movies

Guy Comedians

Free

High Definition

Premium Channels

Zona Latina

MMA Events

Adult

FIOS TV Help

First these are not Alphabetic.  I usually go to FREE or P:remium  Channels   why do I have to see all these other choices first. before  the FREE and PREMIUM CHANNELS  are off the screen and one needs to scroll down to select them.

Last week there was Justin Bieber on this list but its not on this week sooff so I know its changeable. How do I make Free and Premium Channels  the first two choices. I am 67 yrs old and will never choose the KIDS ZONE I don’t even want to see it.

Whats the story.....   can it be rearranged or customized to my liking since its not alphabetical anyway

The idea of being able to designate VOD content as a favorite just like you can do for a channel is a good one that has been suggested here... So you could just have Free and Premium on your menu if that's all you wanted...
topcat

How many ON DEMAND menu's are there?

by topcat on ‎06-20-2011 09:40 PM

Menu’s menu’s, menu’s. Who thought up these menu’s. Say I want to watch an HD movie on CINEMAX, The sequence is

Push ON DEMAND

Right step to sub menu

Step down to BROWSE ALL

Right step

Step down to Premium Channels

Right step

Choose CINEMAX

Right step

Step down to MOVIES

Right step Choose A-Z

Right step

Scroll down movie listings and pick one

Summary  six right steps  and five scroll downs

Lets do another one

NOw I Just want to watch a free movie

Push ON DE MAND

Right step

Step down to FREE

Right step

Step down to FREE A-Z

Right step

Step down to channel (lets use AMC)

Right step

Choose AMC HD

Right step

Choose movie

Summary five right steps and five step downs (or choose it because it’s the first choice on the list

IS there a pattern here???? This is tedious everytime I want to find something to watch. The menu’s are too many levels and not always alphabetical so it’s a crap shoot. Also having sub menu’s with more that seven entries requires a lot of scrolling, some of the lists are extremely long.

Can you get your design team to come up with something more user friendly. Maybe some shortcut buttons that can be programmed

Have you tried search? Type movie name --> highlight movie --> watch movie.
CRobGauth

Make Manual Recordings Easier to set up

by Silver Contributor III on ‎06-19-2011 06:39 PM

I use manual recordings every now and then. Typically if I don't want to record a whole show (started watching it and just want the last part) to save space on the DVR.

WOuld be nice to be able to enter info (channel number, start and stop time) using number keys on remote rather than having to scroll up and down from current channel or time.

0 Votes
Separk

Adding star one

by Separk on ‎06-19-2011 12:38 PM
I love star plus zeetv and tvasia please add star one to Verizon lineup I mean comcast and direct tv have it why not you
jkickenson

FIOS Internet Battery Backup

by jkickenson on ‎06-19-2011 11:36 AM

In a recent electrical storm, my FIOS Internet backup battery was damaged.  I discovered then that the battery is the primary power source, as well as backup.  Rather than a parallel setup, apparently all power is routed via the battery, in a serial fashion.

As a result, with a damaged battery, I have no Internet access, even though I have no power outage.  Until I get a new battery from Verizon.

A backup battery should be backup only.  All other devices I own with battery backups do not require the battery to operate (from alarm clocks to UPS to home alarm systems).  The FIOS design introduces a single point of failure with the battery, which is not necessary.   Future upgrades, and new equipment, should incorporate a design in which either mains power or battery power is sufficient to have Internet access.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements