Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: 06-05-2011 - 06-11-2011

asm20850

Better Bundling Options for MDU Customers

by asm20850 on ‎06-11-2011 08:04 PM - last edited on ‎06-13-2011 12:57 PM by Admin Emeritus

My condo has an agreement with Verizon where FiOS TV and Internet are included in our condo fee.  While this is great, there is no way to customize the package.  That is, if I want to add a landline or wireless phone, I do not get any credit for my existing services.  These should be some way for customers in this situation to add services at bundle rates.

asm20850

Restore Gift Card Perks

by asm20850 on ‎06-11-2011 07:55 PM - last edited on ‎06-13-2011 12:55 PM by Admin Emeritus

The best "Verizon Perk" was the gift card program - with discounts on certain gift cards.  First, Verizon scaled this back by removing the no-fee Visa gift cards.  Now the whole program is gone.  This was a great benefit that I wish Verizon would restore.

epie

Expand FlexView to Free On Demand Offerings

by epie on ‎06-11-2011 03:35 PM

Would be nice to have all On Demand content (including free) as part of FlexView.

Apparently Verizon is working so hard installing FIOS on Long Island that they don't have people available to fix telephone services that go down during thunderstorms.  We lost our phone service during the big storm that just came thru.  The earliest they can send a person in isn't until Monday.  That's 5 days from now.

Hard to believe but this makes me wonder whether I should switch everything over to Cablevision.  At least they work to fix people's problems.

bkcbm

Cleaning up email

by bkcbm on ‎06-08-2011 07:44 AM

I often attempt to clean up my email by typing a certain word in the search box in order to bring up all related emails in hopes of then sending them to the trash and deleting them.  The frustrating part of this process is after you delete all that are listed on the first page that comes up (ex: 21 out of 125 emails), it does not "keep" the search results....it automatically returns to your inbox.  I then have to repetively type in the same word in the search box until I get through deleting all of those 125 emails.  Hope you can follow this and provide a quicker/timely manner in cleaning up our email boxes for Verizon users. 

I once again today, for what must be the fourth time this year, received one of those official-looking letters from Verizon, the kind where you need to rip off the perforations from the side before you can open it, like with things like tax forms and jury duty summonses. On the front, in ominous white type on a black background: "Important information about your Verizon TV service."

Inexplicably I open it, and learn that there's a bunch of dense text within about "Credits for Loss of Service," "Parental Controls," and "Complaints and Customer Service."

NONE OF THIS IS IMPORTANT. This is junk mail. I don't need it to come in an envelope disguised to look like something important, or designed to trick me into wasting time removing the perforations because I'm afraid there's a problem with my bill.

Please stop sending communications that are mislabeled like this; if you simply MUST send this junk mail out, put it on a post card so I don't have to waste time opening it. Even better, stop sending it entirely and with the money wasted on postage, hire someone who can competently roll out 1.9 and HD BBCA already. Oh, even better! Fire the person who thought BET HD and Tennis HD were higher priorities!

0 Votes

Why & When will you have service in the charleston area?  The other phone giant here thinks it's okay to wait for repairs 5 days.

Whereas I know for a fact it doesn't take Verizon that long to do repairs. 

Lynnski

Better Parental Control for Email

by Lynnski on ‎06-07-2011 09:44 AM

Comcast allows parents to set up a list of "safe contacts" so that children can only send/receive emails from those on that list no matter where/how they pull their email - someone else's house, ipod touch, comcast.net, etc.   Verizon's contol's do NOT work when pulling emails from verizon.net or anyhwhere else.   This is a BIG issue for parents with young children just starting out in the electronic world.  The only way to try to do this with Verizon is to try to "filter" emails but it is not even close to the same service.

I know there's a place in the menu>set-top box>screensaver, but this never works while i need it, which is when i'm cleaning the house & listening to "Music Choice" Channels.  They do have some pictures that rotate with useless info, but it has black bars top/bottom and this is causing some burn-in issues on our plasma.  DirecTV has a rectangle cube, which contains the Artist/Song Title and it bounces of the edge, sides, top/bottom, just like 'pong'.  This would be useful if Fios implements something comparable to D*.

0 Votes
robv27

Please add PFC channel to the line-up. ASAP

by robv27 on ‎06-06-2011 04:54 PM

Please add PFC to the line-up. There's a huge community of Brazilians here in VA that would sign up immediately. PFC is a great channel, currently available only on Dish Network,and direct TV which i know you guys work with. It is channel 2135 on your direct TV. I can't actually believe you guys still don't have this available. Even Local comcast cable have PFC here in VA. many people just choose Dish and Comcast cable over Verizon because of that, I can tell you from experience.  Please add this ASAP.

Thanks in advance! Robert Vasconcellos

mib23

Get Rid of online Pin requirement

by mib23 on ‎06-06-2011 10:21 AM

I think Verizon should get rid of the Pin requirement  needed to view your bill online! Isn't that why we have to sign in with our own unique user id and password? It defeats the purpose of having to sign in. It's useless that you can only get the pin via mail or home tel no if your not home and you're trying to see your bill you have to wait until you get home to get the pin or wait who knows how many days to receive the pin by mail. This extra step, to me, seems unnecessary, pointless and a waist of time! (Now I'm going to have to call custermer service, again, a major waist of my time!!!!)

I have 1 HD DVR, 1 HD, and 3 SD set top boxes.  I was rather surprised to get a letter from Dustin Kroeger (the director of customer relationship marketing for Verizon) in the Mail saying he reviewed my account and I could be enjoying a $3.99/month savings.  Fantastic!  I love this idea!!!  But as I read this letter more I realized that Dustin must have made a bit of a mistake as the bundling offer he was telling me about was to cover 2 HD boxes.  Hmmm... maybe he meant the 1 HD DVR + 1 HD box?  Not what the letter implied, but maybe Verizon could do something anyway?...

I called the number on the letter just to be sure.  The rep that answered was very nice and put me on hold to double check with someone higher up but sadly came back with the same conclusion I had made after reading the letter.  The combination of boxes I have were not eligible for any bundling.

So here's my idea...   Please expand this new set top box bundling idea to cover more combinations of boxes.  It seems with having 5 boxes there must be some way to work out at least a little discount per month as you are certainly getting more than the amount of 2 HD boxes per month where you were offering $3.99/month off.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools