• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 07-17-2011 - 07-23-2011

0 Votes
samr46

Reminder

by samr46 on ‎07-23-2011 03:10 PM

Please consider adding a feature to remind you when a future program you wish to see is about to start.  My old provider, Comcast had this feature.

NJsportsfan

More sports channels please!

by NJsportsfan on ‎07-23-2011 01:48 PM
I have Ultimate hd package and am really disappointed in the sports package. Very few channels. I'd love to see network broadcasts from other regions of the country. Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC all get exclusive broadcast rights to games that my regional network doesn't broadcast. Today for example I really wanted to watch the cincinatti reds on fox who had all three 4pm games this Saturday, but its not broadcast in the east or anywhere among the the FIOS channels. Now maybe that particular game might have been blacked out here anyway, but not even having that channel to view is kinda pathetic. Make it a pay option if it's too
expensive...I'm sure enough sports fans would be willing to pay for that option. Sometimes it just seems like the channel programming at FIOS is decided by women. Please more sports channels!
Gerald_Leighton

Discontinued FTP service substitute

by Gerald_Leighton on ‎07-23-2011 03:45 AM - last edited on ‎09-13-2011 02:03 PM by Admin Emeritus

I received an email that my personal webspace will no longer support FTP. The email sited "security reasons" for this removal. It is true that normal FTP is completely unencrypted and probably should be removed. It is very easy to find someone's password over FTP.

However, if this decision is solely above security and not about selling business plans, why not support the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) instead. It was designed to replace FTP for this very reason. SFTP can be viewed as an encrypted form of FTP. Linux and I believe Macs have SFTP support out of the box and Window users can download a SFTP client Filezilla for example.

I personally like to hand craft my web pages in HTML myself. I am not a fan of the site builder tool because I am a little strange and like complete control. I use Linux for this very reason. I wasn't a heavy webspace user anyway. So this isn't a great loss. However, I dislike losing something I used to have. By replacing FTP with SFTP, I and other Verizon users can create web pages in any HTML editor we wish and upload them over a secure connection with SFTP. It will be a win for everyone.

Thanks for reading my rant.

{edited for privacy}

Hi,

It would be great if we could browse the On Demand library directly on the phone with the Mobile Remote app. Looks like the DVR Manager app can do this. (I don't have a DVR just an HD STB)

David.

We are merging the DVR and remote app... so you'll have what's being requested... even if you don't have a DVR.
0 Votes
Farrell2403

Service in my area

by Farrell2403 on ‎07-22-2011 01:52 PM

Hello,

Just wondering why you all can't offer service in my area. I know your answer is probably going to be that it would cost too much and there wouldn't be enough interest. I live in shawneeland in Winchester, VA. It used to be a pretty under developed area back in the woods but has grown quite a lot over the past 5 years. There are two fairly large communities back there, Shawneeland and Mt. Falls park. I have gotten service in other areas where I have lived with different providers and a far less populated area. What I don't understand is if I have a phoneline why can't you provide DLS service. I am not looking for a 10mb speed just a stable connection. There are hundred off people out here who I know would be all over it if it was offered, and you would also get a lot of phone service sign up as well because they would have to do that to get the DSL.

PLEASE do something.

Thank You,

Brandon

Distance from our facility is generally the issue. DSL can only travel so far across a copper phone line.
smandloi

Indian Channel Lineup Requested

by smandloi on ‎07-22-2011 12:42 PM

ZOOM

AAJ TAK

AAPKA COLORS

AASTHA

AASTHA

B4U MOVIES

B4U MUSIC

HEADLINES TODAY

IMAGINE DIL SE

MTV HINDI

RADIO CITY

SAB

SAHARA ONE

SAHARA SAMAY

SET MAX

SONY ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION ASIA

STAR INDIA ONE

STAR INDIA PLUS

TEN CRICKET

TIMES NOW

TV ASIA

WILLOW CRICKET

ZEE CINEMA

ZEE TV

Lots more international content coming....
SugarBear

OTB

by SugarBear on ‎07-22-2011 12:28 PM

I just had FIOS installed yesterday and my husband is freaking out because there is no listing for the OTB channel.

Could it possibly be under another channel listing?

If not, I have a great idea, offer OTB in NY.

KenWVT

add TwiT.tv to widget or linear channel

by KenWVT on ‎07-22-2011 10:32 AM

There is a 24/7 video podcast network called Twit.tv  located on the web at  live.twit.tv .  You may be familiar with Leo Laporte who used to be on the TEch TV channel and elsewhere. He has this very successful network up and running. The New york Times recently ran an article on him and his network:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/27/technology/27podcast.html

This channel  is avaiilable under a creative common license so it should be easy for you to add it. This channel is "broadcast" on ustream, justin.tv, and bitgravity.

Twit.tv license :  http://wiki.twit.tv/wiki/The_Official_TWiT_Wiki:Copyright

It would be awesome to get this channel on my tv !!! I'm sure there are many like me that would like this.

kathym

On Demand: Easy Error Reporting

by kathym on ‎07-22-2011 06:01 AM

With some frequency, we find errors in the listings - show descriptions that are wrong, or instead of the new episode listed, it plays some older one, and sometimes an episode in a series just gets skipped over & never shows up. 

Right now the only way I know to report these errors is by email, and I've never received any replies letting me know it's fixed.  Usually we just keep checking In Demand.

It would be nice to 1) have less errors and 2) have an easy way to report them - maybe an option off the listing.

I dig the idea of clicking that a description is wrong from the TV. The content providers are the ones that create those descriptions... not VZ... but I would pass the error logs back to each of them.
0 Votes
ncorigbl

Reminder

by ncorigbl on ‎07-22-2011 05:31 AM

It would be great if there was a reminder function included in the guide or some way to bookmark a future show I want to watch...I have a hard enough time remembering what I ate for dinner last night, let alone a TV show that's on next week. Thanks

Already exists on all boxes, except DVR's. The DVR's get this feature in IMG 1.9 Go in to the guide and find the program. Hit Info, then select Reminder.
sbritton37

email home page

by sbritton37 on ‎07-22-2011 03:35 AM - last edited on ‎09-13-2011 03:03 PM by Admin Emeritus

Please remove your Verizon advertisements from my email home page. I find it annoying and inconvenient every time I check my emails it goes straight to your advertisements Every time with No options to bypass before opening my email account. Nice to see what's new that you have to offer. Not nice when Forced to see what you offer. Thank you.

Sharron Britton

AliP609

DVR Schedule

by AliP609 on ‎07-21-2011 09:55 PM

Please update the features in the dvr View schedule list,  when selecting programs add view giude or view upcoming shows to the choices available when you view options after picking a program

0 Votes
tyfffa

FIOs in 21234

by tyfffa on ‎07-21-2011 05:53 PM

I just spoke with a verizon rep in regards to FIOs availability. Please bring verizon to postal code 21234. There are several customers, over 1000 apartment units that would love the service. Comcast is currently a Monopoly in this area. Thank you.

Steve-In-RI

Doo Wop Channel in Music Choice

by Steve-In-RI on ‎07-21-2011 01:32 PM

How about adding a Doo-Wop channel in the Music Choice section?  We had one from DirecTV and we love listening to that style of music.  1955 to 1964.  Your Golden Oldies channel is OK but would like to have a specialized channel for our Doo-Wop likings as well.  The channel DirecTV had was called Malt Shop Favorites.  Maybe you can add something like that to our lineup?  Thanks.

Who's your favorite group / singer?
RegCounts

Hire test engineers

by RegCounts on ‎07-21-2011 08:50 AM - last edited on ‎09-13-2011 02:27 PM by Admin Emeritus

It never ceases to amaze me how truely bad Verizon's software is.  For the past several days if I select a single email and click Delete it will randomly select a number of messages to delete.  Today the number was 301.  When I when to support contact us I selected Live Chat and got the message Liv Chat is unavailable.  Next I selected the email option which returned me to the main support screen.  I tried the Support button at the bottom right hand corner of my screen and that failed as well so now I am sending you a New Idea.

This is a simple idea, hire test engineers, have them write test plans and procedures, test the code pre-release on a test system, repair the bugs, and then release it.

{edited for privacy}

There are not many chinese channels currently offered at FIOS TV>

I do not watch american movie channels and so do most chinese people in southern california.

I request you add "ETTV American(Mandarin)", Now TV(cantonese), i-cable(cantonese), and atv (Cantonese).

LionandQueen

Screen savers

by LionandQueen on ‎07-21-2011 06:11 AM

Could a widget be created for screen savers. Ideas like fish tank, fire place, and a way to load others.

Rondo

Revert to Spreadsheet lIstings Format

by Rondo on ‎07-20-2011 01:38 PM - last edited on ‎07-21-2011 09:49 AM by Admin Emeritus

FIOS On Line TV Listings

The On line FIOS TV listings (Tampa area) have changed to a single column for each channel which if clicked shows the 24 hour schedule for that channel only.  If you scroll down to the bottom you get a spreadsheet type list but the channel numbers or ID do not show.

What happened to the spreadsheet that shows all channels in 3 hour increments and is so much easier to use.?

Is there some way to get the old format listings back?

There are 4 options for viewing TV listings... go to menu -> TV listings and see if one of those views is what you are referencing... then you can go to settings and select primary and secondary guide preferences when you press the Guide button on the remote out of the 4 options.
123champ

Enhancements to DVR management web interface

by 123champ on ‎07-20-2011 12:51 PM

The web interface to manage DVR recordings is very painful - in fact, it is no better than using your remote.

Using the web interface, you cannot select and delete multiple recordings at one go -- you have to delete each recording one by one. That is quite a cumbersome process if you have 50+ recordings to delete.

Secondly, each deletion requires 3 clicks - once to delete, once to confirm, and once to 'ok' after deletion!   Ughh ...

Hope someone in Development can put this on the enhancements roadmap.

Not sure what release... but agree with the suggestion
rpjoe

PLAYBOY HD

by rpjoe on ‎07-20-2011 11:51 AM

the only reason i will not pay the $17 a month is because it is in sd. if Verizon wants to make more money they will be shocked at how many people would sign up for 24 hours of PlayboyHD. even if it were for $20-$30, i'd jump on board.

jsmith282

wifi

by jsmith282 on ‎07-20-2011 08:01 AM

I cannot find anywhere on the Verizon website how to secure my wifi connection. It would be a good idea at the time of installation to consult the homeowner whether or not they would like their connection to be secure and detail the steps on how to do this.

the July 20, 2011 NewsJournel indicated that six (6) UD games will be televised on Comcast Sports and CBS Sports. Will these be avail on Southern Delaware Fios??

sorry for not getting to this post sooner...
psu72

Verizon Remote

by psu72 on ‎07-19-2011 11:12 AM - last edited on ‎07-19-2011 01:48 PM by Moderator

Is there any chance Verizon could come up with a better remote?  I had Comcast which was much easier and useful.  For example, you could press a bottom to get all sports, select baseball and get every game that was on, the stations, and times.  FIOS gives you some baseball games but not all.  You also have to click through each screen to find out who's on and what time.  If you use the search button for baseball you get everything from an actual game to "Field of Dreams".  It's almost enough to get me to switch bacjk to Comcast.

VickyB

Refurbished Multi-Room DVRs

by VickyB on ‎07-18-2011 08:37 PM

I just cancelled DirecTv and switched to FIOS in order to bundle with my existing FIOS Phone and Internet service. The LiveChat folks were always helpful and courteous as was the live person I spoke with. Thinking this was a good idea. Today.....install day for the TV portion of the bundle. Surprised that in 2011 Verizon still gives a install window of 8AM to 5PM....hmmmm! Seems like this could be corrected with a little research on install times and possibly more installer. The tech that was here was great. Called before he came to let us know he was on his way, nice touch. He was personable while here and very knowledgable on the operating features of the remotes and the Multi-Room DVR. All in all really liked him until........he mentioned that the Multi-Room DVR was re-furbished. I hate that word and all that is associated with it. The reason I don't buy used cars or thrift store clothes...they are someone else's headache. Contacted the Customer Service line for the TV, was re-routed to Tech Support who was rude and basically told me, too bad this is the company's policy (to issue re-furbished DVRs), I explained that in over 12 years that i was with DirecTV I had never received a re-furbished box of any time. There was nothing at all that he could do to help - oh and by the way you signed up for a 2 year contract so unless something goes wrong with that box it is yours for the two years or longer if you choose to stay with Verizon....Sounds like some customer service training maybe needed here. My recommendation is that Six Sigma Green Belt be instituted by Verizon and that the voice of the client be taken into consideration. Nothing good can come out of re-furbished equipment and support techs that do not provide good customer service.

Understand what you are saying, but I think the point is less refurb or not... and just making sure our customers get the coolest tech there is...
Joe90

Put sports channels in separate package

by Joe90 on ‎07-18-2011 05:24 PM

For those of us who do not watch sports how about separating out the sports channels to a separate package that I could opt not to have to pay for. True a la carte would be the ultimate option but at least this would let me not have to subsidize a bunch of expensive channels that I do not want or watch.

We are taking a middle of the road approach here... putting the most popular channels in the package... but keeping some others as a la carte. There are 12 options for a la carte sports...
phil1000

Interactive TV viewing.

by phil1000 on ‎07-17-2011 07:07 PM

I had an idea that when an ad for a special program comes on, there could be a small prompt saying "Press record to schedule a recording" (Maybe say "reminder" for non-DVR machines?). Similarly you could do the same for series, and record a whole series. I think it'd be a hit for new series, and the like. The main reason why I and other would love this is because of the time it takes to search for a show or series and to set it all up, and when you are watching something important, you don't want to estimate if you have enough time to search for it and set up the DVR options and such.

Steve-In-RI

New Channel - SPACE HD

by Steve-In-RI on ‎07-17-2011 02:36 PM

Hi Guys...There is a new science fiction TV channel out there called SPACE HD.  I was wondering if there was going to come a time, in the near future hopefully, when Verizon would add this channel to compliment SYFY HD's programming?   The programming, listed on their website, looks absolutely fantastic.  Thanks for your time...Steve-In-RI

I love sci-fi myself... can't get enough...
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements