• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 08-08-2010 - 08-14-2010

nascar

DVR - Needs more features...

by on ‎08-14-2010 05:32 PM

1. The DVR will continually rerecord episodes (that I delete) that air again.  The DVR needs a (TiVo) style history.  Even the Comcast DVR has a Recorded History now.  The same episode should not rerecord unless explicitly told to do so in a 15 to 30 day period.

2. Another addition needed would be a screen that shows all of the future recordings that will not record due whatever reason such as Priority.

3. When record "First Run Only" is selected, another feature needed is record the next airing if it is missed due to other programs having higher record priority.

Item #1 is in IMG 1.9. I also believe we have cared for item 2 in 1.9... and we have the last idea in the queue for a future release (been suggested a bunch of times)
nascar

DVR (additional) 15 Minute Skip

by ‎08-14-2010 05:21 PM - edited ‎08-30-2010 02:56 PM

Comcast uses Page Up and Page Down to Skip ahead or back by 10 minutes.  I'd like this and either 10 minutes or 15 minutes would be nice.  This is in addition to 30 second skip and would not replace it.

Love this idea! I know some other systems have it, and I think it's a great way to get to the spot you want in a long broadcast (like NFL Redzone, which I record while my beloved Reskins are on.)
felixjrosa

Jump To End on FiOS DVR

by felixjrosa on ‎08-14-2010 12:46 PM - last edited on ‎08-24-2010 09:37 AM by Employee Emeritus

Hi, I would love to see a Jump To End feature on the FiOS DVR, e.g.. Where a recorded show/program can be fast forwarded instantaneously via a "Jump To The End" or "Start At The End" button on the DVR menu.

Thank You

Felix

In IMG 1.9 we added chapters to DVR recordings that not only let you jump to the end, but just about anywhere in the show... Not exactly your idea, but I think more than you asked for...

Once marked as ignore, the thread should then stop showing up in the normal message view and stop being shown as having "new" posts to it in the summary page (for instance -- I would love to kill the "Suggest a Channel to add" thread on the FioS TV forum -- is so annoying to hear people contantly asking for the same channels over and over and over and over and over -- and since I can't "ignore" it, it keeps bubbling to the top of the list of topics).

Thegr8lake

Soccer

by Thegr8lake on ‎08-14-2010 08:39 AM - last edited on ‎07-21-2011 12:42 PM by Admin Emeritus

Why doesn't FIOS offer Fox Soccer Channel and Fox SoccerChannel Plus in HD??

Fox Soccer Channel launches this week for most of our customers. GOL TV is the next HD channel for soccer, but there will be other channels turned on before GOL TV is available.

I'd like to be able to record something on my DVR and have the ability to let my friends and family see it across the FiOS WAN.  I'd also like to make and receive viewing suggestions (across the WAN) with friends and family.  Something along the line of a shared "Wishlist".

bit into the future... but yes... you can see the beginnings of this coming to life (i.e. Facebook integration)
jamgast6

WE DESPERATELY NEED our online phone details.

by jamgast6 ‎08-12-2010 08:58 PM - edited ‎10-01-2010 01:12 PM

It is not understood why our phone call records(call details) is not being provided to us online, as it is for our verizon mobile calls.  Having the ability of going back and checking your incoming call details and outgoing call details is of great importance.  Why would you hide that from us online and then tell us how great it is to have access to our verizon account online.

One may say, it's because of security reasons.  If that's the case, then why do we have access to this information for our mobile account?  If scammers are anyone really needs to collect information about us using our phone number, they will find a way to do it regardless if it's our home or mobile number.

It's also silly that we get charge for this information and yet we have to wait for it to be mailed to us.  What confuses me, is that we don't need to pay for our mobile phone records online, and we have immediate access to it.  Is this just another way of squeezing a few extra dollars out of us?  I do not get it. .  

This is suppose to be of great convenience to your members, so then why does verizon make this so complicated? 

Do the right thing for your customers and provide us with what we deserve.

prisaz

Send user a private message from their post.

by ‎08-12-2010 07:55 AM - edited ‎08-12-2010 07:57 AM

Going to a users profile and the selecting it there is a hassle. Coudn't that not be part of the posting users stats under ther user name?

prisaz

Increase the number of ideas in progress.

by on ‎08-12-2010 07:27 AM

Increase the number of ideas in progress. Right now there is only one.I am sure as time allows this will improve.:smileywink:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas/status-key/id_stat_consider

malex

PayPal

by malex on ‎08-11-2010 05:45 PM

PayPal should start being accepted for payments online.

malex

Call Map

by malex on ‎08-11-2010 05:40 PM

One thing I think would be neat is if My Verizon could use something like Google Maps and place a marker on all the destinations you've called from your landline phone. Useful- not really but I think it'd be a neat feature with some "cool" factor....

dslr595148

Opt out of Verizon security services..

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎08-10-2010 12:26 PM - last edited on ‎08-11-2010 07:19 PM by Admin Emeritus

Since I have a feeling that Verizon will not do what is suggested in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Stop-changing-user-s-passwords-if-default... how about this idea?

In Windows XP, users can go to Start -> Control Panel -> Security Center -> Automatic Updates.

OR they can go to Start -> Control Panel -> Automatic Updates.

Then they set their computer to notify that there are updates, for example.

--

Please Verizon, add something like this feature so - there will be no more automatic updates (users are to be notified that there are security updates).

Thanks for considering this idea.

^^

prisaz2

Fix the migration for MyVerizon 2.0 so forum users do not lose thier profiles.

by prisaz2 on ‎08-10-2010 05:31 AM - last edited on ‎08-11-2010 07:15 PM by Admin Emeritus

Just an Idea. Let users keep thier .com and .net seperate if they choose.

This issue is now resolved. Thank You!
jmcohen23

Remote Control Enhancement

by on ‎08-10-2010 04:56 AM

I believe I mentioned this in a post awhile ago, but try rolling out a new remote control - perhaps one with a touch screen or scroll button that allows the user see the channel logo on the remote first.

if not, a temporary enhancement would be to have a remote control where the numbers illuminate.  entering a channel number in the dark can be hit or miss.

currently, the VZ remote has the exact same look and feel as the Comcast remote.  introducing a new deisgn would separate VZ from Comcast (similar to Coca-Cola's bottle design).  furthermore, having a touchscreen remote (perhaps as an optional upgrade for a one-time fee, or include it only with a MMDVR) would probably enduce many customers to switch to VZ.

An increasing number of you already have a "touch screen remote" in your possession - a smart phone. If you have a RIM, Android or iOS smartphone... go download the FiOS Remote app that does everything you described here and more.
prisaz

HD Programming or Channel Vote Board

by ‎08-09-2010 09:32 AM - edited ‎09-24-2010 03:55 PM

Programming Vote Board like this board, but different.

No comments allowed.

Only Votes with a restriction to the posts message body size. Limiting the body to a brief description of the channel.

No duplicate channel requests. If you want a channel, vote for it.

This could weed out the many repeat posts on the Programming board, and help track who wants what.

Think this is a good idea? Vote for it.

I will commit to publishing a blog post that aggregrates this information... and we will evaluate building this web app in early 2011
lasagna

Change GUIDE Providers

by on ‎08-08-2010 09:16 PM

The current provider of programming information for FiOS TV is often full of errors.  While the programming schedules tend to be correct, very frequently the program status (First Run, Rerun, etc.) is incorrect in the feed and as a result those who setup their DVR's to do series recordings will find their DVR's recording old episodes.   It would also be nice if a provider which utilized some form of real-time programming updates could be located so that during broadcasts which get time shifted by last minute changes (such as sporting events which run long) could be properly recorded (instead of having to timebox them by padding an extra amount of time onto the end of each show -- which compounds the drive size issue I mention below).

This is particularly annoying on busy recording nights when a mismarking may cause a conflict by having three shows slated to be recorded in the same timeslot -- when in reality two of the shows were first run and the other was a rerun.   It's not always possible to avoid this siruation using series priority since the mismarkings seem to vary from week to week.

This is also compounded by the relatively small DVR drive size where going away for a long weekend or a couple of nights during the week (or even for a week's vacation) can find the drive filled with repeated shows (and some first run shows discarded because the drive was full to make room).

We evaluated all the available options and each has its benefits and drawbacks. We are currently implementing procedures that will improve the integrity of the guide data.
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements