• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 09-18-2011 - 09-24-2011

nascar

MSG Varsity channel

by on ‎09-24-2011 07:12 AM

Please add the MSG Varsity channel to VHO7.  Thanks!

bgod247

More "Music Choice"

by bgod247 on ‎09-23-2011 08:48 AM

I'd like to have more music channels in general.  But one in particular:  College Rock (Indie Rock).   I had this one on DirecTV.  I don't like any of the existing rock stations.

Thanks.

while you are updating the home page add more features for mac os x 10.7.1 lion show more advertisement of your products working on mac computers like flex view media manager gaming on demand support and premium technical support and update your screen sharing to work with mac os x 10.7.1 lion like bomgar and gotoassist this will bring you more business and less complaints

0 Votes

When one/a person, adds Mac addresses into the MAC Address list. It works just fine.  However when you came back later in a new session with the Router, and add an extra one or more Mac addresses, the firmware deletes all the previously entered addresses and stores only the new ones added in this latest session.   Very Irritating.

Suggest that you fix the bug to not overwrite / clear all the existing Mac Addresses, AND/OR allow a long string of Mac addresses to be pasted into the add field, with addresses separated by another delimiter character, like space or '/'.  In this way one can maintain a list of valid Mac addresses in a notepad txt file and simply cut and past once.

0 Votes
clasik1947

VOD Movie Search Function

by clasik1947 on ‎09-22-2011 08:19 AM

I couldn't figure out how to access the movie list in the right hand column after using the keyword search feature on VOD. It appears that tech support couldn't figure it out either. However, my wife "broke the code".

Once the movie title appears in the right-hand column, one must navigate to the last letter in any keyboard row. Then one must press the > button to access the specified movie. It was not intuitively obvious for one to do that. Recommend that Verizon add these instructions to the Search feature on VOD.

Also, when using "Browse All", one must scroll through many movies that are listed alphabetically. Recommend that Verizon program an alphanumerical list, i.e., 0-9 and A-Z, that would allow a user to jump directly to the title of the movie. For example, if one wants to find a movie with the first word "The...", one could select the letter "T" or "Pirates of the Caribbean", one could select the letter "P". This capability would certainly make finding movies much easier.

Have a great day!

0 Votes

Would it be possible to set up an auto-reply to text or phone calls by enterind a code # that lets the contacting party know you are unavailable, driving, away from your phone, out of the country, etc.?  or "If this is an emergency please contact XXX"  Much like instant messaging.   This would allow the other party to know why you are not responding immediately and address the common idea that you "must respond to a text or call immediately".

Are you referring to a home phone or wireless phone? I'm wondering why an answering machine/voicemail message wouldn't work for calls?
geneticjack

Payment Website

by geneticjack on ‎09-21-2011 09:28 AM

Verizon needs to get someone to fix the billing website (particularly the login authentication). I tried to log in for the past few days and it would always time out. I pay all my bills online and this doesn't happen anywhere else. I also have a very high speed connection. This happened at both my home and work computers therefore it must be the website. I eventually was able to access the page after browsing other pages on the website then clicking on the billing tab (apparently I had finally managed to log in during one of the attempts that timed out). However this was very annoying and time-wasting as something that should have taken a minute took several minutes a day of attempting to sign in

Cre8tive

The African Channel

by Cre8tive on ‎09-21-2011 06:44 AM

I would like to see the Africa channel added to your lineup in the very near future. I see every culture but the African channel. Why is that?

0 Votes
Histbuff83

Service in Champaign, IL

by Histbuff83 on ‎09-20-2011 07:46 PM

My wife and I have been dealing with Comcast ever since 2008. We started out with a decent bill every month, now we are getting ripped off left and right and they won't help us lower the cost of our bill every month. We already deal with Verizon wirelessly but when are you guys going to offer bundles in Champaign in our area? We want Verizon here and I'm sure there are others who would love to get away from Comcast! Please hurry guys!

We are focused on finishing the cities / towns that already have FiOS... and then we'll see what comes next.
melivjules

Baby Firsttv channel for purchase

by melivjules on ‎09-20-2011 05:09 PM

There is a channel offered on Time Warner & Direct tv called "Baby Firsttv" and its for kids of infant age to preschool ages. My child watched it for three years straight and learned so many things.  Please look into adding this channel to Fios.   This is the most beneficial learning channel for children that I am considering going back to Directtv just to have it for my youngest child.  Go to babyfirsttv.com for details.

DEL_NYC

Bloomberg HD channel request

by DEL_NYC on ‎09-19-2011 10:04 AM

Hi all, let's show Verizon that we want to add Bloomberg HD (http://www.bloomberg.com/solutions/bloomberg_news/television/) to the channel lineup.

Please click on the red Vote icon to the left to support this idea.

Even if you have already  voted for bundle requests that included Bloomberg HD, please add your vote here as this message is solely about Bloomberg HD.  Therefore, Verizon will not confuse our support for Bloomberg HD with interest in other channels.

ferdoud

Enhanced Options with DVR after a show starts

by on ‎09-19-2011 07:13 AM

I saw an idea that possibly could be helpful to Verizon. My friend has a provider in NYC, one of the options with his DVR is that whenever he switches to certain channel there is an option for enhanced to the channel, once clicked it opened up a menu for On Demand, Start Over. Start over would restart the show, sporting event, movie to the begining (somehow the program is being recorded and it could replayed). There was a football game going and I could restart from the begining which I thought was pretty neat! Thanks.

macgig

https connections in account sensitive areas

by macgig on ‎09-19-2011 05:27 AM

think I see why my account was compromised. one possible reason at least.

its' not a secure connection when logged in. all my account info is at  http://www22.verizon.com/

shouldn't that be an https connection? this is my account info, sensitive data... which has been compromised.

without the https, any info I enter, like a password, can be seen/grabbed by someone else. right?

I believe that this change is in progress.

just called to cancelled the fios that I never ordered. someone ordered online, pretending to be me. And got the order through. fake email and fake phone that was NOT MINE.

I guess they got into my account? guessed the password and ordered from within my account??? I don't know. the verizon person said they did not order from a phone. was done online.

My suggestion is, next time an order comes in supposedly from me, call me to verify it. Do not make me call you. I should not have too.

is verizon in such a need for money that they will process orders that did not come from me? you need to verify the identity of someone saying they are me... BEFORE you give the OK for an order/purchase...

I have a question for you, though. If it was ordered via your account, how are they supposed to know it's not from you? How would you propose they verify - by sending an additional email to your primary info on your account? And was the order placed to go into your home and not another address? Just checking so we can forward your feedback on to the site owners.
devlin85

Video Recording Management Option Needed!

by devlin85 on ‎09-18-2011 07:35 PM

When it comes to DVR housecleaning and managing the recorded programs a few options would be nice..

First:  There definitely does need to be a shortcut on the remote to delete a program (Like the Red C Button or Green D Button). Having a confirmation YES/NO is still OK. But saving that extra little step makes a huge difference when you have to do it 15+ times for each program your trying to clean up.

Second: Just give us the ability to go through and check off whatever programs we want and then be able to hit delete all selected. Again confirmation delete all YES/NO and how many programs we are deleting. That kind of functionality in the box is much needed. But otherwise the Verizon boxes have the best and most user friendly software out there.

Third: When your watching a program you should have the option to stop and delete the program or stop and save. Whether it's a DVR recorded program or one that is currently recording shouldn't make a difference, good options should always be available. It's like if the program comes to an end I would like it to ask me: "If I would like to delete it or not?" Some people don't and these options could just be a customizable option in the settings for us to choose. As well as some of the other features that are currently available and some of the others I have mentioned.. 

I can really tell they put the effort where it was needed and obviously do pay attention to the users, otherwise it wouldn't be as well groomed as it is :smileyhappy:

id like to be able to keep the internet/dsl service but ditch my home phone, and the bill that comes with it each month. 

frankly I rarely use the home phone... its expensive... and taxes and fees on it are getting too high for my liking...  $12 bucks a month just in taxes and fees... thats getting too high in my view.

0 Votes

My viewing is contantly interrupted by displaying telephone numbers of noncalls.  Why not set up a contact methods whereby one can complain?

I have dsl. it's called high speed internet. not sure why. my download speed is 1mbps.

id like to see you double that speed and keep the price the same. 1mbps is barely enough speed to use this site... things move slow... which is why I rarely visit any verizon site online.. loading times are just too slow to bother usually... 

I can't afford fios... and I dont need a download speed of 21+mbps... or the monthly price that comes with it.

but it would be nice to have a little more than 1mbps with the so called "high speed internet"...

just a thought...

I am all for live chat or email support. prefer to use that. even for account or billing issues...

but If I have to phone verizon for support, I dont' care to listen to an automated computer system, with tons of menu options to wade through... then if I pick the wrong one the system hangs up on me and I have to call back. this is annoying and a total waste of my time...

Id prefer getting a real person on the line that can help. is that too much to ask?, Oh, and I want the person to speak english well enought so I can understand them.

just a thought.

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements