Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: 09-19-2010 - 09-25-2010

RBKeem

Redesign Website, it is so complicated...

by RBKeem on ‎09-24-2010 07:05 PM

Every time I come on to verizon's website it is beyond frustrating. I pay at least 6 other bills online and every one of them is so easy. Everything on your website is difficult to find, paying a bill is near impossible, and there are too many choices everywhere. I am always searching around to find what I want. I have car insurance with Geico and it is the most user friendly site that I use by far. You should completely redesign your website based on their model.

We are working to continuously update the website experience stay tuned for updates in 2011.
monteb9511

Updated FiOS TV Guide and Menu

by monteb9511 on ‎09-24-2010 05:39 PM

When I switched to FiOS TV & Internet I was completely sad and disappointed about the TV Guide and Features.. I switched from Direct TV and there guide was awesome.. Here is a few of my Ideas and thing I would like to see happen..

I'am always getting lost when I'm going through the guide and not happy with the layout of the guide.

• How about putting a area where you can select Entertainment, Sports, News & Weather, Movies,  PPV etc etc... Thiswould make things alot easier.

when I looking through the guide and clicking on info the info is very bare and quiet sad!!

• Info should have pictures of the cast faces and you can click on one of the cast members and view TV and films they have been in and have past films highlighted if one of there films was going to be airing soon on FiOS TV!

• How about having Dvd covers and TV covers of films and shows on the guide like in the top corner when browsing through the guide.

• No more color coding leave the guide in one color and maybe make just a highlight color when browsing through the guide. Just make things more organized and interactive with the customer Verizon you have the bandwidth to do some amazing things with your TV.. I have more ideas but these are just a few of them.

What ya think ???

There are multiple ideas in this one submission so see below for each response (not all are "In Progress"): 1. Area where you can select Entertainment, Sports, News and Weather (already exists): when watching TV hit the right arrow to launch "modes" - you can select a mode and that the only content you'll see 2 and 3. More graphics (in progress): we are expanding to this type of information on the screen. You can see the start by looking at the Football widget and the On Demand "featured" section. More to come throughout the rest of the experience. 4. Remove color coding (maybe later): this feature is well liked by many customers... so maybe we need an option to turn it off
0 Votes
KJLM

Larger video window for Internet Radio

by KJLM on ‎09-24-2010 01:46 PM

I use Internet radio a lot while watching sports and really love it.

You guys broke this! When Internet Radio first came out you had a larger video window in the middle of the screen with the banner up top. It was identical to playing music from my PC (via Media Manager). With this new widget you get a smaller video screen on the left… it’s just awkward looking and not as good. I’d rather see more (larger) video and less wasted space. Put it back the way it was – you should be able to fit the info on the right into a banner on the top and enlarge the video.

KJLM

Automatic on-demand shortcuts (Virtual DVR)

by KJLM on ‎09-24-2010 09:14 AM

Because of limited DVR space and the fact that sometimes people don’t care if they wait a few days or a week to view a program, we’d like to see an option added to the DVR that would add a shortcut to the DVR menus linked to the program in on-demand.

I realize you can always search the on-demand library but on countless times for prime time programs you have to keep going back every day to see if it’s available yet. It’s also easy to forget about it completely.

For example, I like to watch CSI Miami in HD. I’m a little short on DVR disk space and I probably won’t watch CSI before 3-5 days after it broadcasts anyway.

I select the program on my guide and have the option to create an on-demand shortcut (either one time OR for the series). Of course not all programs can have this capability… In a few days when the program shows up under CBS’ on-demand library it shows up as a show on my DVR (with a different icon of course). You could mix it in with regular recorded programs or separate it into a new feature called virtual DVR. It could also work on STBs… The process would be very similar to your bookmarks, but would be automatic.

When you go into your DVR you could see the shortcut and say “Ah my CSI Miami is available for viewing via on-demand” select the shortcut and view CSI from your on-demand library. After you’re done watching you can delete the shortcut or leave it. The VDVR should automatically remove it after a pre-determined number of shortcuts are reached or it’s no longer available on-demand.

Couldn't agree more with this idea. So much so that we had already started developing it as you described, but with even more features than you described. On Demand and DVR are natural partners.
val_vin

Ability to customize status bar on DVR box

by val_vin on ‎09-24-2010 03:33 AM

When Fast Forwardind or Rewinding a recorded program, I find the status bar that's shown at the bottom of the screen very obtrusive. Fer example, it always hides the score of tennis matches.

I would like to able to customize the status bar in order to make it smaller and/or change its location on the screen (IE: show it on the top of the screen).

Lots of suggestion related to the info bar... so we'll make this one the original... and all that follow duplicates...
val_vin

Ability to edit DVR recordings

by val_vin on ‎09-24-2010 03:19 AM

I think it would be nice to be able to delete a certain number of minutes at the beginning and/or at the end of a recorded program.

We are prohibited from modifying content by the providers.
bobd4321

Caller ID displayed on screen and on desktop

by bobd4321 ‎09-23-2010 03:49 PM - edited ‎10-04-2010 01:10 PM

My previous provider had on screen and on desktop caller ID. It's a feature that I truly miss. The phone rings and you don't have to interrupt your surfing or viewing for a nuisance call. When is Verizon going to implement on-screen and on-desktop caller ID?

sosuzguy

Have a real person answer for Fios Tech support

by sosuzguy ‎09-23-2010 11:34 AM - edited ‎09-23-2010 08:24 PM

Your IVP (inbound call recordings) are TERRIBLE.

When my TV is messed up and I'm missing something that I wanted to watch I am not in a mood to look up your FAQ online or punch/speak to an automated system for 10 minutes before I get to actually speak to someone.

Getting Fios technical help is just too DIFFICULT!!!

AND I have been having one channel that the audo pops on and no subtitles work on and so far the only response from Verizon was "We don't have any idea why"......hows that for about $175/month ????

And yes your fees and charges for this and that is nickle and diming us to the poor house.

I am ackowledging your idea to have an actual person available for Tech support.

Also, you can try to send an email or chat from our Verizon.com Contact Us Page http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/.

We have a number of self help options available for your FiOS TV: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv

I would like to be able to turn on, turn off and change the phone number for my home call forwarding without having to be at home to do it.

AT&T has had this feature now for about 20 years.  Why not in this market? 

Though a great idea, this would require upgrades to the existing wireline switches. Current focus right now is in support of FiOS.
Jackson

Suggestion to Add Local Digital Over-the-air TV Channels

by Jackson ‎09-23-2010 10:22 AM - edited ‎10-04-2010 01:08 PM

Dish Network set tops have a connection for an "over-the-air" antenna, and the ability to add the additional channels that local stations offer and seamlessly integrate them into the on-screen program guide. It would be a selling point for FiOS to have a similar capability. It is one reason why I do not add FiOS TV to my existing Verizon FiOS account.

Are there local channels we are not providing that you want?

It just ticks me off that new customers get better rates than old customers get.  How do you reward old customers?  Well of course we charge them higher rates.  This will drive me to your competition because they also give better rates to their new customers.  Wouldn't it be easier to retain customers that you have ?

kenkeller48

downloading programs from dvr

by kenkeller48 on ‎09-23-2010 09:25 AM

My family was featured on a home decorating tv show last year, which I recorded on my dvr.  I would like to make a dvd of this program, but Verizon reps have advised me that transferring recordings from the dvr is not allowed.  If I were using a vcr, I would have been able to record the program and to transfer it to a dvr, so I don't understand why this limitation is imposed on Verizon customers who use a dvr.

We are prohibited by the content providers from enabling file transfers from the DVR's. This is intended to prevent the content from being used illegally (e.g. posting to the Internet for others to download). You can however connect the DVR video output to a video capture card in a computer. If the content is not copy protected (i.e. CCI byte set to "copy freely"), then you should be able to create the DVD. Content providers determine if the content is set to "copy freely", "copy never" or "copy once". Generally shows are "copy freely" or "copy once".
KellerGirl3

DVR Changes

by KellerGirl3 on ‎09-23-2010 09:20 AM

When I want to delete a series of a program I have to go to each show to delete... why can't I delete a whole series at once? (i.e.. the kid taped every "The Simpsons" known to mankind- I want to delete them all).  Second, when I get to the end of the DRV recorded program - why can't it allow for back up instead of just delete or start over.  Sometimes I miss the last few minutes and I want to back up.... Instead I have to start over and ff all the way through. 

Here's an idea for Verizon.  So far in my session on MyVerizon I have been prompted to join paperless billing 3 times within the span of 2 minutes.  I said "No Thanks" every time.  Quit hassling me about it.  When I say no the 1st and 2nd time, I mean it.  It is such a nuisance. 

There are two reasons that I continue to say no thanks.  The first one is the fact that I do not trust your billing, and I need to review it on paper each month.  An electronic bill is too easy to dismiss and not pay attention to.  If you get your billing back in order, maybe I will consider it.  The second reason is because I need paper bills for tracking expenses.

From the product manager:

"This customer could have been prompted to enroll 3 times. Once via the sweepstakes interstitial page, when they viewed their bill and when they made a 1-time payment. We want him to enroll which is why he is being offered the option so many times and all 3 offers work independently of each other. Not sure what he means by getting our billing back in order but he can print past 24 months bills from his online account for tracking expenses.

Today, customers have the option to be notified when the bill is available to be viewed and paid via their mobile phone in addition to getting an email which might help missing the notice."

Acquire higher image fidelity feeds from your content suppliers (HBO, SHO, Starz, etc) to improve the fidelity delivered to the user.

Many existing source feeds via satellite distribution are low bit-rate / highly compressed.  They suffer from coding artifacts during high-motion content.  This deficiency is passed through to the user, to the detriment of FiOS' claim of superior image fidelity.  (Garbage in, garbage out)

A Verizon strength is its nationwide fiber backbone.  Verizon can leverage this fiber to assemble high bandwidth terrestrial paths to the content originators.  Verizon can then contract with the originators to receive very high fidelity (minimally compressed) video feeds.  These high quality images can then be conveyed to the end users: adding value to the users' purchase equation and reinforcing the reputation of FiOS as the high-quality TV service.

The higher the image quality (greater the bandwidth) that is offered, the more sustainable this competitive advantage becomes.  Competitors who are bandwidth limited in their delivery network, or who lack company-owned long-haul fiber resources, will be at a disadvantage to follow-suit.

Existing consumer HD equipment can accept and display higher quality feeds.  Users will see the difference.

Obtaining content via fiber also sets the stage for migration to higher fidelity solutions, such as deep-color and progressive scan.  Many consumer display devices are capable of supporting these signals.  In effect, Verizon can offer image quality of Bluray caliber and beyond. 

Where possible we already take direct fiber feeds from content providers. We continue to work with these partners to move feeds off the satellite and onto high speed fiber links. Whenever there is a higher fidelity feed available we take it. As an example we are hard at work on full res 3D as opposed to half res 3D, which most distributors (including us) are offering currently.
ddodge

Add GOGO Internet to Hotspots

by ddodge on ‎09-21-2010 05:35 PM

Why not add some new hotspot companies such as GOGO to your list of assessable hot spots?

Thanks

fujica

Copywriters

by fujica on ‎09-21-2010 04:04 PM

Why doesn't Verizon hire freelance commercial writers/copywriters to bring fresh ideas to marketing?

asm20850

Options for Internet Outside the Home

by asm20850 on ‎09-21-2010 12:14 PM

Verizon should add value to its FiOS Internet subscriptions by offering access to Internet outside the home:

1) Verizon should provide all FiOS customers with access to its wifi networks and work to expand access through agreements with public wifi providers like Boingo

2) As Verizon Wireless rolls out LTE services, Verizon should offer an option for FiOS customers to add LTE to their FiOS subscription so we can take out Internet on the road

bjkaiser

QWERTY Keyboard

by bjkaiser on ‎09-21-2010 08:09 AM

The features Verizon Fios offers are great, but using the remote is not so great.  I think adding a qwerty keyboard to the remote to make the features more user friendly is a necessity.  It is awkward and outdated to use the remote to access all the great features fios offers.

Having a keyboard would make things simpler.  Please consider this.

Thanks,

Beverly

Currently, we do not have any plans for investing in our remote.
mcaranci

IMAP e-mail

by mcaranci on ‎09-19-2010 06:23 PM

I understand that att.net offers its subscribers IMAP e-mail; why can't verizon.net do the same? POP3 is not where it's at anymore.

We have strategically chosen POP3 Email architecture to minimize storage costs. Please know that each master email account has 2GB of storage and if the user does not POP their email, the email is accessible from anywhere with internet access via myverizon.com.
asm20850

Subscription Based On Demand

by asm20850 on ‎09-19-2010 01:57 PM

Why doesn't Verizon offer a subscription-based On Demand service a la Netflix.  With Netflix rapidly expanding its streaming video library (not to mention online services and others, such as Amazon On Demand), Verizon would be a market leader in offering an option allowing customers to subscribe to a certain number of On Demand videos per month.  This would be a new revenue stream for Verizon and provide value added for subscribers.

At risk of being wrong I am going to file this one as "Already Exists"... since there are more than 15,000 and growing On Demand titles available as part of FiOS TV subscription...
asm20850

Webkit Based Cell Phone Controls

by asm20850 on ‎09-19-2010 01:51 PM

Rather than developing FiOS Remote and DVR apps for each developer, why not develop a Webkit based application that would work on all phones?  This would require much less R&D and you can still put it in most cell phone app stores.  The only two reasons I can think of not to do this is:

1) some phones will not give webkit proper access to work through the local network

2) Verizon is intent on giving priority access to this feature to VZW phones (but this does not seem to be the case, as non-Verizon Android phones are supported)

Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Twitter
Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements