Customers With Disabilities
macgig

call me and verify any new order on my account

by macgig on ‎09-19-2011 05:10 AM

just called to cancelled the fios that I never ordered. someone ordered online, pretending to be me. And got the order through. fake email and fake phone that was NOT MINE.

I guess they got into my account? guessed the password and ordered from within my account??? I don't know. the verizon person said they did not order from a phone. was done online.

My suggestion is, next time an order comes in supposedly from me, call me to verify it. Do not make me call you. I should not have too.

is verizon in such a need for money that they will process orders that did not come from me? you need to verify the identity of someone saying they are me... BEFORE you give the OK for an order/purchase...

I have a question for you, though. If it was ordered via your account, how are they supposed to know it's not from you? How would you propose they verify - by sending an additional email to your primary info on your account? And was the order placed to go into your home and not another address? Just checking so we can forward your feedback on to the site owners.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-19-2011 04:37 PM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
I have a question for you, though. If it was ordered via your account, how are they supposed to know it's not from you? How would you propose they verify - by sending an additional email to your primary info on your account? And was the order placed to go into your home and not another address? Just checking so we can forward your feedback on to the site owners.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools