Customers With Disabilities
sneezer

fios TV SERVICE PROBLEMS ANNOUNCEMENTS

by sneezer on ‎03-26-2012 06:16 PM

The current outage of HD serivce (without  subscriber notices ) in the Northeast is a watershed moment for Verizon. They have failed miserably and unless their management does a root cause analysis of what went wrong and how they responded to their customers - then they should all be replaced. Other subscribers have remarked how a simple announcement on the phone or a blast email to its customers or a trailer on the TV channels announcing the problem would have saved thousands of calls and wasted minutes and frustration. That is simple public utility 101 communication basics.

Futhermore, this outage has proven how not user friendly their instructions to subscribers are. The phone tree announcement  tells subscribers if you are missing channels above channel 49, use your controller to find "Home Agent"" and resolve the problem. I would like a any Verizon staffter who isnot a "techy" to know where to find that. It is buried at the bottom of the option list when one hits menu.

I have always been a champion of Verizon for its wireless service and tech support for Internet FIOS issues. But this experience has so turned me off , I no longer can recommend FIOS. As said, the complete public relations disaster of how they have handled this should be a wake up call to Verizon that they have a serious problem in customer relations . It is unfortunate since the product is so good. But, in this day an age, technical product prowess is worthless if it is not packed by equivalent support. Verizon - you failed. Be ashamed.

I'm sorry for the frustration this situation has caused. We're looking into what happened and will take your suggestions for better communication under advisement.
Comments
by 2bits on ‎03-28-2012 02:57 AM

Try DTV their customer service is #1, seriously. If you get frustrated about something (prices went up 4%) you can yell get it all out, and they just listen, and then they helped me with applying a discount.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-29-2012 07:56 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
I'm sorry for the frustration this situation has caused. We're looking into what happened and will take your suggestions for better communication under advisement.
by Jenn71 on ‎03-30-2012 06:55 AM

I agree with the Post by sneezer. It would have made customers Much more happier if Verizon posted the poweroutage on their web page or sent out a mass e-mail regarding this and possible ways to fix on your own. This is not the FIRSt time I have been really unsatisfied with VERIZON'S Customer Service. It is actually the WORST I have every dealt with. I think this is something they need to REALLY work on or you will start loosing customers. Great Services but HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools