Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
red

fios digital voice

by on ‎02-07-2012 11:01 AM - last edited on ‎02-07-2012 04:55 PM by Moderator

Verizon should allow fios digital voice customers the capability to initiate a call online through their computers either voice call or video call to do so Verizon should work with skype skype is a paid phone service it offers free video calls but does not offer free computer voice calls which I find extremely more important this is an idea for later down the line its just a suggestion.:smileywink: thank you for reading this.

Thanks for the suggestion. in the meantime you can initiate a call back from your FiOS Digital Voice missed call log or phone book on your web Account Manager, but the call will be placed using your phone line.
Comments
by Gold Contributor V on ‎02-07-2012 09:33 PM

1. Voice calls on Skype are free as long as it's from one Skype account to another.

2. You might look into Google Voice. It currently offers free voice calling throughout the US and Canada. They also have a video calling feature.

by Employee on ‎03-26-2012 05:57 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
Thanks for the suggestion. in the meantime you can initiate a call back from your FiOS Digital Voice missed call log or phone book on your web Account Manager, but the call will be placed using your phone line.
by jfiat on ‎05-05-2012 05:55 PM

I was astounded to learn that after I had installled verizon's fios digital voice manager, that I would be unable to make a call and converse over my desktop computer, with its built in mic & speakers. I thought surely, what a marvelous feature it would have been, to have ones hands free to talk and type, particularly considering the number of times I've called Verizon support about problems online. How helpful would it have been, to answer calls as I was working at my computer and not have to leave and answer a phone. How foolish I thought it was of Verizon to allow you the ability to make a call (an outgoing call) from your computer (using their digital voice manager), only to have you get up from your desk and pick up the ringing phone on the wall so as to complete the phone call you've made from your desktop computer anyway! I'm sure there is a logical reason for this, but it eludes me. Ladies and gentlemen of Verizon: Selling points." Lots of people buy Dunkin Donuts coffee, why? Name recognition, word of mouth praise, and good product.

I'm sadden, I would like very much to say of Verizon and FiOS their product, that it's fabulous, but alas I can not in all honesty. Truly, I see no reason why, that incorporated with digital voice manager software, an inclusion of code needed to allow the user the ability of making outgoing calls and receiving them as well utilizing a desktop computer. Enough said.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools