• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
apt_6a

"Past due" before the due date

by apt_6a on ‎11-25-2012 04:46 PM

Does it annoy anyone else that Verizon accuses you of having a past due account before the end of the due date?  C'mon, Verizon - we know you're the only carrier in NYC that you can actually hear calls with, but that's no reason to engage in shady business practices!  And at least fix the irregular capitalization if you're going to be falsely accusing me of paying late!

Comments
by Moderator on ‎11-25-2012 08:27 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by ladyage81 on ‎11-27-2012 06:06 AM

On the subject of Verizon behavior before due date:   I have paperless billing and automatic withdrawal payments.  Why is my payment withdrawn from my bank account at least 10 days before the actual due date? Seems insignificant until one considers the multipliers and time value of money.  Verizon is clearly profiteering. 

by ENOUGH2012 on ‎11-27-2012 11:31 AM

Re: "Past due..Before due date"

I agree..Posting the amount as "past due" before due date also increases the amount of taxes due on the total amount!!  We are being taxed twice!

by on ‎11-27-2012 12:14 PM

This one is indeed interesting to say the least.  I do not know the anwer, but I am sure that the billing team has a clear reason.  I will pass this on to that team.

by on ‎11-28-2012 07:13 AM

Crystal_VZ,

The "past due" message comes up even if you pay your bill on the date that is it due. That needs to be corrected.  Let us know what the billing team says and when that will be corrected. I can send a screen shot but  I won't be able to do that until my next bill is due next month on December 25th!

Thanks,

johnf2

by jbach on ‎12-17-2012 03:49 PM
I too received a past due notice and thought well I better pay because it was the due date. It said my payment ws $214, when I went to pay, the total was $399! I paid it in full thinking I was in the rear and they would cancel my service. Well what I did not know was that they did not post or update my account with the payment they received. Once the bill is posted, they do not update your account even though they had received my payment 3 weeks ago. I now have double paid them!!! I contacted them tonight and even though I have my confirmation # for payment, they could not see the payment I made (which was $399 although I really owe $214) and they told me my account was still overdue??? She said the payment confirmation could not be seen by her and I have to wait for it to clear and they will post a credit (of course after my bill gets posted and it will show I still owe money although I am ahead). Be careful, they do not readily update your account. Double check your records before you post payments, your bill is not updated as they receive payment. The representative confirmed this for me, once the bill is posted, it does not change. I was floored that it requested I pay $399 when I only owed $214 and then was accused of still having a past due balance because they could not see although I had confirmation number and could see it on my end. Beware!!!
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools