Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Admin Emeritus
DougVZ
0 Kudos

Read Tweets From Our Live Twitter Chat: Susan @susansolovic author of “It’s Your Biz – The Complete Guide to Becoming Your Own Boss" #bizbooks

Below you will find the Twitter chat history the Verizon Small Business team had with feature author Susan Solovic, who wrote “It’s Your Biz – The Complete Guide to Becoming Your Own Boss.  She is a featured author of the Verizon Author Series.  Susan shared some great information for individuals interested in starting a business and the importance of social media for growing a business.  Be sure to read from the bottom up.

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Thank you Susan @susansolovic for your time today and the insights your provided on our live chat #bizbooks

2 minutes ago

SusanSolovic Susan Solovic 

A10b Lastly, get a disaster plan set up for your #business, read my guest post on @VZSmallBiz blog bit.ly/puNFNg #bizbooks

4 minutes ago

A10 To be successful #smallbiz owner you have to be disciplined and deliberated about taking measurable actions every day #bizbooks

7 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q10. @susansolovic What's your final piece of advice? #bizbooks

8 minutes ago

A9g #smallbiz Get out your smart phone or tablet PC and start marketing your business using your social media applications #bizbooks

9 minutes ago

A9f #smallbiz Make the time for social media. Do it when you are waiting in line at the grocery store #bizbooks

10 minutes ago

A9e My favoriate use of technology is being able to connect with social media. #bizbooks

12 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

#businesses don’t ever loose that sale – Now you CAN take a credit card payment anywhere… even on the Go! bit.ly/pwPYjR #bizbooks

13 minutes ago

A9d With technology #smallbiz can track expenses, manage inventory, CRM, run credit card payments, etc.#bizbooks

14 minutes ago

A9c With advances in technology, #smallbiz can literally manage their entire #biz from the palm of their hand your smart phone.#bizbooks

16 minutes ago

A9b @vzsmallbiz With all the mobility application, #smallbiz are getting even greater advantages. #bizbooks

18 minutes ago

A9a Technology levels the playing field. It gives small businesses the opportunity to grow a global #biz from their garage. #bizbooks

19 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

A9a Technology levels the playing field. It gives small businesses the opportunity to grow a global #biz from their garage. #bizbooks

20 minutes ago

Through social media I was able to develop business opptys #bizbooks

20 minutes ago

A8f 10 years ago #smallbiz didn’t have the tool to easily alert their customers/fans/followers #bizbooks

22 minutes ago

A8e B/c of social media this #smallbiz were able to alert hundreds of followers easily and the transition went smoothly. #bizbooks

23 minutes ago

A8d ie a dog training service I know decided to leave a franchise operation, change its name and basically strike out on their own #bizbooks

23 minutes ago

A8c Social media helps #smallbiz identify potential customers for very little cost. #bizbooks

24 minutes ago

A8b Social media is a game changer. It makes it possible for a #smallbiz owner to build its brand #bizbooks

25 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

This article is good @Susansolovic #bizbooks RT @SarahRobinson 10 Deadly Sins of Social Media twrt.me/l2y4yz via@billlublin

25 minutes ago

A8a @vzsmallbiz If #small businesses are NOT using social media to market their business, they are missing a huge opportunity #bizbooks

27 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q8. @susansolovic What are your recommendations regarding social media? #bizbooks

27 minutes ago

I’m having a live Twitter chat with @VZSmallBiz Search #bizbooksto follow along or ask me a Q on starting or growing your #business

27 minutes ago

A7e As my mother used to say, "Where there's a will there's a way."#bizbooks

28 minutes ago

A7d Some research shows the majority of #smallbiz starts with less than $10,000 in capital #bizbooks

28 minutes ago

A7c successful #smallbiz are creative and innovative and most bootstrap their way to success. #bizbooks

28 minutes ago

A7b Successful business owners know how to do a lot with very little. #bizbooks

29 minutes ago

A7a @vzsmallbiz When I hear entrepreneurs talk about what they would do if they had $$ I figure they really don't want to do it#bizbooks

29 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q7. @susansolovic What about funding business start-up or growth. Access to capital is a big challenge for small businesses #bizbooks

30 minutes ago

A6e #smallbiz when hiring Always start by looking for someone who complements your skill set #bizbooks

30 minutes ago

A6d Hire only when an extra set of hands could free you up to do what you do best for the company #bizbooks

31 minutes ago

A6c Business owners need the right people to help you grow your #biz #bizbooks

32 minutes ago

A6b @vzsmallbiz You cannot do everything all by yourself and expect to build a successful business #bizbooks

33 minutes ago

A6a There's no right answer, but in the book I talk about what I call the MYTOP Theory - Multiple Yourself Through Other People#bizbooks

34 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q6. @susansolovic When is the right time to add employees to your team? #bizbooks

35 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

@aboutourwork Hi Let us know if you have a Q for @susansolovic #bizbooks ck out her guest post bit.ly/puNFNg

36 minutes ago

A5c So for me, being able to step back and give others the authority and power to run with the ball was a difficult transition #bizbooks.

39 minutes ago

A5b Successful business owners learn to create the processes in their #biz so they can teach others how to do what they do #bizbooks

39 minutes ago

A5a @VzSmallbiz Learning to let go. Entrepreneurs really like to do things their own way ME included #bizbooks

40 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q5. @susansolovic What was the biggest challenge for you as you create your business? #bizbooks

40 minutes ago

A4f Best of all #biz has value if u want to sell some day, pass it on to your heirs or give ur employees a chance to take it over #bizbooks.

41 minutes ago

A4e A business is something that becomes bigger than you and can sustain itself down the road with or without your participation #bizbooks

43 minutes ago

A4d If you create a job you have an income stream, but when you stop doing all the work yourself the money - and #biz stops too.#bizbooks

44 minutes ago

A4c Sadly, a lot of entrepreneurs don't figure that out until it's too late. #bizbooks

45 minutes ago

A4b There is a huge difference between creating a job for yourself and building a business. #bizbooks

46 minutes ago

A4a @vzsmallbiz If it’s an educated decision to keep your #bizsmall, that’s fine #bizbooks

46 minutes ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q4. @susansolovic What if you want your business to remain small? #bizbooks

46 minutes ago

I’m having a live Twitter chat with @VZSmallBiz Search #bizbooksto follow along or ask me a Q on starting or growing your #business

47 minutes ago

A3c Understanding big pictures helps you make right choices regarding steps you need to take to build a sustainable business. #bizbooks

47 minutes ago

A3b For #businesses No direction and it's like starting to build a home without blueprints. #bizbooks

48 minutes ago

@WolfecityPizza hello go to www.itsyourbizbook.com to get 10 free videos on growing a successful #smallbiz #bizbooks

49 minutes ago

WolfecityPizza wolfecity 

#bizbooks what do you offer

58 minutes ago

A2c Passion alone is not the key to business success #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A2b Too many selfproclaimed #smallbiz experts tell people if you are passionate about what you do you can't help but succeed.WRONG #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A2a @vzsmallbiz The bulding blocks that it takes to build a successful business. #bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q2. @susansolovic So what do you mean about #business realities and fundamentals? #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1g I've been in the trenches and built a million dollar + organization from the ground up and I'm sharing my tips. #bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

@ChellyElite No prob @susansolovic is sharing some good insights... more to come and let us know if you think of something. :smileyhappy:#bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1f @vzsmallbiz my book will give an understanding of the realities of #biz fundamentals #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1e Some choose self-employment b/c they think it will provide a more balanced lifestyle.No office politics. No bad bosses, etc.#bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Don't be shy #smallbiz Join our live #tweetchat w/ Susan @susansolovic ask her a Q or make a comment to get her free book #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1d Yet in this economy, many Americans by default are jumping into their own #biz b/c they feel they have no other choice.#bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1c Business ownersyhip isn't for everyone. #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A1b I want 2 make sure people start their business journey well-equipped with true understanding what it takes successful#bizbooks

1 hour ago

ellen_yu Ellen Yu 

#smallbiz looking for insights, tips can follow @vzsmallbiz now or search #bizbooks to join live #tweetchat

1 hour ago

A1a @vzsmallbiz Many business books don't address realities of what it takes to state and build a successful business #bizbooks

1 hour ago

A2a @vzsmallbiz. The building blocks that it takes to builda successful business #bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Q1. @susansolovic With all the business books out there, why did you decide to write one? #bizbooks

1 hour ago

Verizon Verizon 

Thinking about starting your own business? Follow @VZSmallBiz to get insights Join their live chat now w/ @susansolovic Search #bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

Please join us in welcoming Susan @susansolovic author of “It’s Your Biz – The Complete Guide to Becoming Your Own Boss #bizbooks

1 hour ago

VZSmallBiz VZSmallBiz 

We're getting ready to introduce Susan @susansolovic to our live twitter chat Please join us, search #bizbooks

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools